Please tone down the red in every sunset or sunrise with clouds

WOW these are all great photographs…

in reality, the shade of the sunset is determined by the air over the west of the location…as the sun sets, the chromatic aberration of the light causes the low-frequency reds to penetrate the atmosphere easier when dry conditions exist…when wet conditions exist, they can be more purple/pink at times as the red and blue get merged, but the green is dispersed…it’s an amazing phenomenon that would require random samples of icaos and aloft weather data for hundreds of miles between the user camera and the sun location to determine the air type that would cause the light dispersion at the camera location…maybe if using a water vapor map it might be possible to gather the data quickly, but finding a water vapor map for the world might be a bit difficult

3 Likes

For me the light in the clouds is even more important. It looks so fake when flying through thick clouds during sunset. It should get quite dark in the clouds, but instead it is red/ orange everywhere.

The sun in my sim is a white ball…
I have a rtx 3080.
Is it right?
I mean…even in Skyrim the sun looks more realistic.

Not only too much red and lack of blue in sunsets, but also the sun effect across the clouds make some weird scenes.

Yes, are beautiful, but not realistic…

Giving us this kind of sky

While it should look like this (photo edited for privacy reasons, but clouds are unedited). Both at the same hour of the day and close location (closer than 10 miles)

5 Likes

You know this could also be down to monitor settings

One word answer? No.

I think this depends on place you are…or even from, maybe, the way bing processes the local info (it is a guess).
I mean…in Brazil, sunset is a washed yellow in the sim. In France, it was light blue for me.

The always orange/red sky at sunset, even when there is no clouds or humidity start to begin boring.

3 Likes

For me is even worse with clouds, because rest too much illumination. This is a good example, in the sim all would be red or orange instead of white and blue.

4 Likes

Can msfs update the sunsets in the sim in a near Simupdate or hotfix? Not every sunset is a blazing orange reddish sunset like Hawaii. Just took this photo about 45min ago from California coast and the sunset was a calm cool blue color. It was awesome. here is photo…

2 Likes

I guess it looks like that because of the cloud cover? Mehh…

I mean technically if you look in the direction the sun is setting you’re always going to have an orange reddish glow because the sun is orange. You’re only going to get that cool blue color after the sun is behind the horizon. Cloud cover affects that as well. I think they’re pretty spot on and have never felt it was off.

1 Like

If there are clouds over the area where the sun is setting, you won’t see a blazing sunset, it will look like this. this photo looks like it’s after sunset, though, but does look like there’s a storm out to sea?

1 Like

Shame they still haven’t fixed the terrible unrealistic sunsets.

A random coefficient to give sunset some subtle visual diversity would be nice,
if it’s too complicate to implement the authentic meteorological model.

Well this is getting worse by the day. Screenshots from my flight today

There is also a similar request that is already feedback-logged in the weather bug section: ALWAYS Purple/orange clouds during sunset

Agree, too much red ! I hope they will mod that but since the time it’s asked, nothing was done…

I think it looks perfectly fine, very realistic actually. I’m on a QD-QLED. These get very bright and man… The colors and everything else during sunsets and sunrises, really draw you in.