PMDG 737 Discussion (PC Version) (Part 1)

You’re right. I know it’s a bit off-topic here, but Martyn from JF said: “The SimBrief payload import function on the EFB uses the ZFW value from the SimBrief OFP rather than the specific passenger and cargo values, so you might notice a difference between the OFP passenger total and what the EFB shows after import. That’s to avoid a situation where the SimBrief aircraft profile differs from our aircraft, e.g. different passenger or cargo capacities.”

2 Likes

Until airlines start weighing passengers individually at check-in, which might be fun to see, I guess they are going to have to apply an average weight per passenger.

I wonder if that average weight is ever adjusted based on where in the world the aircraft is likely to be flying or whether the same average applies everywhere?

I understand some airlines had issues with weight and COG, when the Rugby World Cup was on, a few years ago, with lots of passengers with potentially higher than average weights sitting together in the cabin.

Yeah the stigma with this. I am now overweight, I weigh around 114 KG, however when I used to body build and live in the gym 5 nights a week, I weighed 139 KG.

Its sad to see it all go, but life has changed and all that. Still funny I am overweight now and weigh less, before I was leaner, stronger and heavier.

2 Likes

I’m still a bit confused by what the ‘Perf Init’ import request does in the INIT of this aircraft with a Simbrief plan saved locally. Here’s the plan in simbrief:

To set up the aircraft cold I do make sure the FUEL FS Action is set to 12,005 lbs and the PAYLOAD is set with a ZFW of 113,050 lbs (or rather 113 in the FMS). Here’s what it looks like after I’ve used SimBrief Downloader and hit ‘Perf Init’ LOAD and it’s filled in the numbers>

So the Cost Index, the Cruise Altitude is different, plus the Reserves? Plus no cruise wind either? Am I doing it wrong?

It’s not really a problem as I fill them in manually, and I should probably ask on the PMDG forum (or read the manual more :slight_smile:) but noticing a few very helpful people here that might know off the top of their head.

I’m using this as my Simbrief fleet values (as that might be related?)

Is there a place with a better aircraft profile for the 128 PAX?

Some airlines have different weights applied on different routes and between scheduled and charter flights but that’s usually based on luggage and not the weight of the person. There are certain destinations where passengers simply buy more duty free stuff.

1 Like

Will the new update coming resolve the flashing PFD panel?

It’s Asobo’s bug and it should be fixed in the sim update 10 in August.

Yeqh when people use toxicity it feels like system of the down…

1 Like

I just flew out of KDCA. I have the awesome DD upgrade for this airport. Only issue was that for the life of me, I could not get the jetway to connect. Haven’t had this issue at any other airports. On a related note, is it possible to overide having to go through the FMC to extend the jet way, open cargo doors, etc? I’ve got Pushback Tool Bar and it’s much simpler to use this app instead.

PB toolbar is known to cause memory leaks better not use that.

1 Like

Just with this product or in general?

I keep seeing that repeated all over the forums and on the PMDG forums, but I have yet to see it confirmed by Ambitious Pilots or with proof of any kind.

That said, I stopped using it about 2-3 weeks ago when flying the 737 and have not had any issues with CTDs in flight or with FPS drops on longer flights. Two weeks ago I made a 4.5 hour flight in the 737 and had no problems at all.

Agreed. I have flown the same problematic route multiple times where I usually get a CTD after about 5 hours. With and without Toolbar Pushback made no difference.

The one flight that didn’t crash for me was when I got disconnected from the server half way through and flew the rest of the route offline.

All of this anecdotal evidence hasn’t gotten anyone closer to understanding the cause(s) of most CTD’s we experience. We can only hope Asobo keeps finding and patching these bugs.

Actually I stopped using Toolbar Pushback mainly because Fenix A320 warning me about that, so I bought Pushback Express from FS2Crew and now thinking about going back to Ambitious Pilots’ wonderful utility as I like it more than PBE. PBE has good voices (except the UK’s too much excited pilot) but that’s all about it. It lacks the super convenient pre-planning via map, I must guess numbers and see graphical hint moving. Anyway, I wanted to tell that I get CTD’s from time to time even without Toolbar Pushback. And FPS drops too.

In general

I am just back from two weeks away from MSFS (post the latest update) and have repeatedly encountered a problem with the PMDG 737, whereby depending upon the livery I am using, I lose part of my active instrumentation during flight preparation – usually just as I am ready for pushback. After the glitch occurs, the pilot side instrumentation remains alive, but the co-pilot screens go dark. Additionally, I lose speed and heading instrumentation in the middle. The problem only seem to occur with certain liveries that I have downloaded from .to (but not all of them). Has anyone else run into this problem? And if so, is there a solution?

i’ve not seen that one exactly, but the 737 does have potentially different default settings per tail number, so that might indicate why only some liveries are affected.

I’d try moving the unneeded addons from your community folder and maybe also clear your cache before restarting MSFS. Both of these can be fairly useful things to do following an MSFS update.

@PHRodgers48

Yeah lots of people have this. PMDG have said it will be fixed with SU10.

I have hugely limited the amount of times it happens by not touching anything in between aligning the irs and entering the position in the FMC

1 Like

I’m finding it won’t happen to me if I set my minimums after I’m in the air. If I set it on ground it will start to flicker on me. go figure ?

Sounds like you lose a power source. Did you check if you are on ground power or your APU is on bus?

1 Like