PMDG 737 Discussion (PC Version) (Part 1)

Anyone else see a performance hit after the new (MSFS) update? On final approach frame rates were horrible. Never had that issue at any airport pre-update.

The seats in my flight deck are gone. Not just the headrests, the whole seat! Both of them!

Yep, same here. As I make my final approach frames rate drops to 8fps, otherwise it is 35fps. I fly VR, and have not had this issue until latest update.

1 Like

What update are you two referring to? The latest beta? Or the AIRAC update that happened to the current retail release?

Hadn’t been on MSFS for a few weeks, got on yesterday and noted that the sim loaded an update. No idea which one it was didn’t think anything was due out but it was approx 600 Mg.

Just a shot in the dark but did you clear rolling cache? Once in a while that seems to be necessary after an update. It can sometimes improve performance issues after an update but isn’t a magical cure.

1 Like

Hadn’t been on MSFS for a few weeks, got on yesterday and there was a mandatory update approx 600 MB, not sure what the update was. I tried a flight to KCRW, which I have the ORBX scenery for this airport, had a drop to 8fps when on final. then tried a flight to PASI default scenery and had the same frame rate drop on final.

It was only a navdata update.

Rather strange that Mr. Randazzo has gone silent. We haven’t heard anything now for a month. They must be very busy.

3 Likes

If I was a developer… I wouldn’t add my products to MSFS at this time. PMDG is probably waiting until the sim calms down a bit. lol

Maybe 2024 :crossed_fingers:
But a update on the 777 would be nice.

Sim calms down a bit???
What does that even mean?
This efb is overdue A YEAR from the initial timeline, PMDG shouldn’t wait anything, jesus, release the thing already for Christ’s sake.

7 Likes

I understand how you feel.
If PMDG release the 777 and it doesn’t work because of the state of the sim.
The community would read them for filth.
And then kick them when they are down with " it took this long and the EFB doesn’t work". :triumph::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
Just some NEW news about 777 would do.

Other devs seem to manage just fine in MSFS.

Don’t understand this immediate deflection all the time that nothing is ever because of PMDG, it’s all the sims fault, only possible explanation.

I mean…at what point is it allowed that they are criticised in your mind?

4 Likes

Anyone having issues using Tool Bar Pushback with the 737 since the update? For me, it freezes as soon as I request push back.

No problems here with TBP and PMDG aircraft.

Hello. For a few days, at each start with B738, there are one or two active failures. I have to delete them each time and do maintenance again so that the problems disappear.

This is on startup

This is after clicking on CLEAR ALL

I haven’t dabbled with the failures or maintenance much with the PMDG, but it sounds like these states may have been saved into the startup state for the aircraft. Try clearing all the failures and maintenance items, and then overwrite (or create a new) startup aircraft state.

As far as I am aware (I could definitely be wrong) it should be saving maintenance states and configuration using the tail # of the aircraft, but it does seem like it has been saved into the startup state you’re using.

1 Like

Specific help on this issue can be found in the PMDG Forum.

Hello, thx to replay but don’t working. Always the sames failures are active on starting flight.

Could some kind soul please help me with setting either a keyboard, xbox controller or Airbus TCA quadrant binding for applying reverse thrust on the PMDG 738? I’ve watched a few videos on setting it up on the Airbus quadrant but not having much luck.
Till now I have been just applying full brakes but would it be right that after doing this my nose wheel steering while taxing is all over the place? Thanks in advance and would be interesting to hear how others apply reverse thrust.