PMDG 737 Discussion (PC Version) (Part 1)

He actually replied to someone else’s speculation on their own forums that people got excited when the same thing happened six months ago and it didn’t mean anything, and it doesn’t mean anything now. Just doing work on the webstore back-end software.

It’ll be released when it’s released (which I’m guessing now won’t be until next week at least).

1 Like

PMDG needs to get the 737 out with the other airlines coming this month. People are really thinking hard about where to spend there money. And if all airliners come out at the same time, PMDG knows it wouldn’t make as much money.
I feel All airliners have something to offer to the MSFS 2020 in there own way.
And YES there will be bugs… lol

I highly doubt it will affect their sales. Some will buy all of them!

Bottom line PMDG has lost alot of money. Future sales is not a factor to pull PMDG out of the nose dive stall that they are in. lol PMDG must be profitable or at least break even . It has been 2 years, Lets go. wt* That is constructive criticism.

I love the knowing posts about PMDG’s financials. And the push to release ASAP. Yeah, because it’s 100% done and solid and PDMG’s just holding on to it instead of releasing it because, um, they like the feeling of being in control?

I’ll be glad when the actual plane ships so people can focus on complaining about perceived preconceptions of how it should fly and look instead of proclaiming knowledge of a private company’s profit situation. :slight_smile:

Having had their P3D 737, I’m anxious to fly this one. It’ll be the one study-level jetliner I spend time on, unless someone releases a 727. I hope the 800 doesn’t take too long to come out, because that’s the one I end up on most frequently.

9 Likes

So excited for this

I don’t know…the one in the video behaves like it has mass…the PMDG one flaps around like plastic.

4 Likes

Not really. It’s rather like reading an exerpt from an op ed piece in a newspaper by someone with an obvious chip on their shoulder.

Genuinely not sure why you seem to have such an issue with them.

1 Like

I don’t think that the 737 is that close to being ready to go. We are still weeks if not a month (singular) away from release IMO. But it was a smart move to make it look like the release is imminent given that the MD-80 gets released tomorrow.

A really smart move would be to give a clear release date today or tomorrow, even though it might be in may/june but I would not hold my breath. It’s PMDG after all. They could easilly drag this out till Christmas.

Easy to see it’s not going to release in the next few days I think:

1. Fabio was still getting the landing issue a couple of days ago and they are being more circumspect now with him - asking him to stick to flaps 30 and not talking too directly live about what circumstances trigger the issue on his stream - that suggest they may be close to curing it, but mayeb not quite there yet
  2. The PMDG youtube channel has gone silent after the initial release of 4 videos over a couple of days. I suspect that they won’t post any more videos until they are confident they’ve solved the landing issue and the run up to release can “recommence”. I’d guess that the release will be a couple of weeks or so after they restart posting videos. It looks like they paused those video releases when the landing issue appeared.

Just my guess of course, and I’m not rushing thern. I’d rather they simply took their time to make sure they’ve solved all the issues they need to before releasing it. I can wait.

2 Likes

PDMG please don’t forget XBOX users :pray:

1 Like

Mate, we will be waiting a looooooong time for that. It will need to be properly optimised for even the Series X, as powerful as it is, and the WASM coding issues need to be sorted too. I would not expect to see it on Xbox anytime before late Q3 or Q4 this year.

I for one am glad they haven’t released it yet. From the reports on SU9 i see on these forums it would not have been a good launch. I’m pretty sure Rob and the gang are well aware of the pressure from the community to put out a perfect plane with a flawless release plan

2 Likes

I just wanted to give you a shoutout for the wealth of knowledge and your posts. Always informative and in the spirit of learning something from each other. I very much enjoy reading everything you contribute.

3 Likes

LATEST UPDATE : ROBERT IS HOPING BEFORE NEXT WEEKEND !!!

unfortunately i need to wait 3 more months fir the -800 :disappointed_relieved: … horrible

“My hope is to have you off on 737 adventures in time for next weekend- but this will depend entirely upon the results of our own efforts in the next few days.”

4 Likes

Things are certainly starting to heat up for PMDG and the release. The posting above by Robert is very heartening indeed.

I’ll personally wait a week or two after it drops.
No matter who it is in terms of web commerce, they always underestimate the stresses on their sales servers. I expect PMDG will be overwhelmed on launch date. Good for them, and good luck to them.

And isn’t it great that we now have the real ‘problem’ of what great aircraft to buy in this weekend and weeks to come? The 146, the MD-82, the upcoming 737, the upcoming A320, and more.
All these high fidelity offerings bring MSFS finally of age.

Exciting times, if not for my wallet.
As I said what a ‘problem’ to have.

6 Likes

Yep, videos on youtube starting to come through again, whihc bodes well

unfortunately i need to wait 3 more months fir the -800 :disappointed_relieved: … horrible

I thought that they will release the next variant in period of 6 weeks, how 3 months?

The next variant is the -600, and I think they’re talking 6 weeks between releases. So 12 weeks for the -800, and 18 weeks for the -900.

Rob said the -600 has no impact on the release timeline of the -800. So I think it would be 6 weeks (I’d expect a little longer because it’s always longer than they think) between the -700 and -800, with the -600 somewhere in between.

I cannot find the post anymore but that’s what I remember. Someone else may chime in.

1 Like