PMDG 737 Discussion (Xbox Series S|X version)

Do we know when the PMDG 737 will be out for Xbox?

No release date as the issue is on the XBOX side (WASM).

Now pushed to SU12, so, potentially after that.

2 Likes

From PMDG this morning.

PMDG 737 in Marketplace:
We have various 737 products in various stages of preparation for Marketplace. Microsoft has recently announced changes to the way in which products will be ingested to the Marketplace environment and this will dramatically speed the process, in our opinion. We are still learning how best to manage marketplace builds and updates and thus it I hesitate to speak authoritatively on release timelines and the like.

Obviously, our updates and releases through our own system are fastest, but we are committed to fully supporting releases through Marketplace for those customers who wish to use that portal. We are “learning the ropes” with 737 as it were and we anticipate being able to offer smarter feedback once we have been through the process a few times.

PMDG 737 on XBox:
Many users have been asking when we will release the 737 on the XBox platform and the answer here is similar to above; we aren’t entirely sure, but we are working in that direction.

Keeping in mind that we have no experience with the XBox process and that the testing process was just returned to developers by Microsoft, we are in the process of developing our testing and validation process which involves acquiring specific XBox consoles as approved devices for testing internally. We are also doing some look-forward to how such things as navdata updates and the like will be handled, as well as ensuring the Universal Flight Tablet will be operable properly on the XBox console.

We are taking our time with XBox as this is an entirely new arena for us and want to be sure we fully understand what limitations (if any) may exist so that we can properly communicate them to users as well as working to minimize any platform differences that must be attended in the process.

We expect to take our time with this process- and we’ll update you on this process as we get closer to kicking off a few of the 737s for Xbox. Ultimately our goal is to have all PMDG products appear on both the PC/Xbox because it is good for us and helps to increase our market exposure to new customers. For those in the PC simming environment it gives you additional flexibility for where you wish to do your simming also.

8 Likes

Good deal. Thank you for the update.

1 Like

Good news from PMDG:

3 Likes

Should this thread not just be deleted or merged with the other 737 discussion, seems pointless having 2 threads on same aircraft.

Which is the other thread?

1 Like

THIS thread refers to XBOX version. 737 from PMDG will be the second study level airliner for the console, do you know that XBOX guys have only the A310 at the moment?

1 Like

But it’s the same aircraft no?

Surely once released it will better discussing in the thread I linked, like it is already.

Of course if there is big differences between the versions then a separate thread is better, but are differences so big it needs its own Xbox thread?

All guys here never mind that exists an XBOX version of the game without the access on the free world of the simulator. All replies always have a reference to tool or aircraft that are present only on PC.

So IMHO it is better to have 2 threads

1 Like

Fair enough, I’ve always found info just as helpful in the 3rd party aircraft threads originally released for PC, I’ve been flying more GA aircraft lately though, for example the Milviz c310 and there is only one thread on that aircraft for Xbox/pc, but yeah it isn’t an airliner of course.

Xbox here as well by the way.

Saw someone posted a random screenshot on r/MicrosoftFlightSimulator that the packages were sent to the marketplace for release the 18th or the 25th.

EDIT: [13MAY23] The Internet Gods Have Smiled, Thus Allowing a Weekend Update... - PMDG Simulations

Looks like it is true for the 18th/25th

1 Like

According to Robert at PMDG, release is imminent

Hype and impressions here? Are we 18 hours away from a high fidelity modern aircraft on Xbox?

8 Likes

Yes I think so. Personally I am of the view that it is released when it is ready and I’m pretty sure PMDG want it to go as smooth as possible as do Microsoft/Asobo.

We already have some great high fidelity aircraft available but PMDG produce excellent complex aircraft and systems and are definitely one of my top 3 developers.

Of course I’m sure as with anything complex it will have bugs that need to be resolved.

It’s a great achievement for this developer and others too, that they can bring these aircraft to a console.

Fingers crossed for those who have been waiting for it on the Xbox :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

This release will be a major milestone and potentially a make or break moment for the idea that Xbox can be a serious simming platform.

The stakes are high here, as further problems with memory, black screens and CTDs with this product will likely push many folks toward PC. On the other hand, if this works well, it could pave the way forward for future high fidelity releases on Xbox.

7 Likes

I’m not on Xbox but I’m hyped for those who are. It’s still my main during the week doing some short Ryanair hops in the evenings.

[25MAY23] Possibly Some Good News for Marketplace and Xbox users… - PMDG Simulations

It seems that we will be very happy tonight. The Marketplace team: Simmers will be eternally grateful if it is available today!

1 Like

It seems that we will be very happy tonight. The Marketplace team: Simmers will be eternally grateful if it is available today!

1 Like

I personally think it’ll be a pile of black screen and ctd ■■■■ , but the i’m the only one not hyped for its release :rofl:
looking at the issues others are having with aircraft less high fidelity i can’t help but fear the worst