PMDG Boeing 777 for Xbox?

Good day, everyone, i just would like to know if this PMDG Boeing 777 announced many times is also for Xbox version or is only PC, and eventually release date, thanks.

I hope it does, but keep in mind, even if it does eventually come to Xbox, I believe it will have the same navdata limitation of the PMDG 737. Specifically, the 737 does not use the MSFS native navdata (from NavBlue), and instead comes with a static built-in navdata package from Navigraph that will be fixed in time, currently with no way to be updated on Xbox.

There are several problems with this:

1. Navdata gets updated every 28 days (13 AIRAC cycles per year)
  2. PMDG includes one AIRAC cycle provided by Navigraph. For the 737, this is AIRAC cycle 2204 (April 2022) which is approaching 2 years old.
  3. To update the navdata you need a subscription to Navigraph, and to be on PC
  4. There is currently no way to update the navdata on Xbox. If I understand correctly:
  • If Navigraph provided PMDG a periodic update, that could be included with a genearl update to the plane via the Marketplace, but since Navigraph only provides updates to paying subscribers, this is not done.
  • Even if there was a way to enter your Navigraph credentials in to the 737 in order to validate your subscription and qualify for the navdata update, Microsoft doesn’t allow downloading and saving of files on to the Xbox from any source other than the Marketplace
  1. PMDG and Navigraph have said that there might be a solution to this - allowing updates of navdata in the PMDG planes for paying Navigraph subscribers, but that this is still being explored. I think Microsoft has to approve it regardless.
  2. Since the PMDG plane has its own navdata, it doesn’t communicate flight plans to/from the World Map, and as a result native MSFS ATC won’t know about the flight plan unless you can replicate it in the World Map before entering the plane. The divergence of the navdata makes this increasingly difficult as more time passes, since the Sim’s navdata gets updated every month, but the plane’s navdata will remain fixed in time (until there is a solution).

I should note that in spite of the above notes, I find the PMDG 737 to be really great, and if you don’t mind out of date navdata (or at least make an informed purchase) it’s a very satisfying plane.

But I do find it somewhat boggling that Microsoft and PMDG and Navigraph have not been able to update navdata for such a premier “study-level” plane on the premier console. And Microsoft needs to do better with disclosure of these kind of material limitations on the Marketplace for paying Xbox customers - after all, we pay Microsoft for the PMDG plane.

Thanks to you