PMDG Boeing 777 status

I am excited about this but I don’t know how complex planes can function properly with so many bugs in the sim and lacking features like a weather radar. And not to mention no Airline traffic. Sounds a bit boring to me.

It’s not really new news as PMDG as stated their entire line-up will be coming over to MSFS.

The 737 should be up soon, I’ve been looking forward to it for a while.

I am confused – this was confirmed by PMDG a while ago.

1 Like

Nothing should be confused here.

It seems that our friend (OP) was not there at the time PMDG released DC-6 and also confirmed that they will bring their product lines of 737, 777 and 747, and even with approximated release time respectively.

And the OP has just quoted a random answer from one of the admins for other member on their forum website and post here again. And that post came not even from Robert S. Randazzo.

Hence, nothing new about PMDG 777 for MSFS, honestly!

If that PMDG timeline is somewhat close and is still valid, then I have a little more enthusiasm. I’m going to purchase all their modern airliners. Considering the state of the game, I won’t have to enable any random catastrophic control or system failures. If the 737 releases in the next two months, I can spend the $99 knowing I won’t get too upset from CTDs or some system not working. I’ll attribute it to added realism.

2 Likes

Better if they would dedicate themselves to fixing the exterior and interior modeling garbage of the DOUGLAS DC6, before releasing more products to the market, which looks like ps4 graphics as soon as you zoom in a bit!

2 Likes

I think you are in the minority here. I think it looks just fine. Plenty of others also have no issues with it.

4 Likes

I will not question your opinion Jeremih, I always see your comments and I am glad to see you so active in any post helping and giving your opinion! you are a great friend!

I am a minority but I have the right to have an opinion and even if you do not believe it, I am not that minority either! Regards my friend!!

2 Likes

Sure thing!

Weather radar is working just fine here. As for “so many bugs”, without specifics it’s kind of hard to comment, but many of us are running just fine with just a handful of bugs that still need quashing. One of the biggest ones (for me) is that dadgum u-turn bug, though by using 3rd Party ATC software, specifically pilot2ATC, I’ve largely been able to avoid it as they give you your approach instructions before you get to the waypoint that the plane wants to go back to with the default ATC, so there is nothing to go back “to” in the first place.

What I would be worried about if I were an Xbox user is whether or not an Xbox has enough horsepower to run such a complex aircraft on top of MSFS which is already a system destroyer. For that matter, I’m worried about my system for the same reason, and what I have is no slouch. (i5-10600K paired with a 2070 Super, which is still the most popular “high-end” GPU in use today according to the Steam survey).

I guess we’ll see, for sure I’ll be getting a 737 and at least one of the long haul beasts. If I only pick one, though, I can’t say which it might be. Obviously 777s and more to the point 787s are technological marvels, whereas even a newish 747 is showing it’s age, not to mention IRL no passenger carrying airlines are using them at all. So, well, we’ll see once again.

But I do love that b1rd, and inside MSFS, JET-A is free, so the fact that a 747 is a pig on mileage compared to a 787 doesn’t really matter. To me… I just fly 'em, I don’t pay the bills. Of which there aren’t any!

Kev

Yess! Won’t have to use the ScrapSim 777

1 Like

An XBox is a PC with a customised version of Windows. The issue may be making it flyable with a controller ?

Some of the guys on the PMDG Beta team use a X-Box controller…

…to controll the cameras. AND THATS ALL THEY USE IT FOR!!!

It will certainly be interesting whether the XBox hardware will be able to handle such an addon. RAM all above. We’ll see…

Regarding the Marketplace Robert basically said that if it will be possible they will likely release it there too once the initial updates for the product have been released and they consider it “stable”.

Have you experienced PMDG products before? The DC6 maybe? They are very high quality study level planes, and you’ll find the community likely to say worth every penny. Nothing to do with CaptainSim’s appalling 777 and the likes, I can guarantee you.

Study level planes are not to everyyone’s taste and budget but I for one am super excited at this announcement! :grin:

1 Like

Not PMDG but I have had similar products for quality developers. I think that’s why they’re largely holding off - they know at present the platform is a bit ropey on the avionics. It will get there eventually.

Those flogging low quality knock offs don’t care of course.

I’d probably buy the DC6 when MSFS is working again :slight_smile: I’m a big fan of the DC3 (quite surprised one of those hasn’t appeared). I’m sure it’s high quality, but it’s actually just a big Cessna 152 in many ways ; limited navigation, very basic autopilot and so on.

Which suits me perfectly as I don’t really care hugely for the aircraft that do the work for you. It always struck me as a bit pointless. :wink:

Well we know DC-3 is in development by Aeroplane Heaven, but who knows in what depth the systems will be represented. On their facebook page they shared some previews, the visuals are beautiful. Hopefully system-wise it will be as close as possible. I would as well love to fly the beaty :smiley:

1 Like

It looks awesome.

PMDG provided an update for the 737 but included at the end that the PMDG 777 would be ready for preview soon.

We are just getting started. Vin promises me we will be able to start previewing the 777 "soon™

"

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/general-discussion-news-and-announcements/186707-14may22-hello-and-happy-737-weekend-some-bits-of-news-and-a-temporary-notam

6 Likes

You are only torturing yourself by looking at something you want… but is getting released in four years :wink: