PMDG Boeing 777 status

Soon™

But we can only hope that what they learned while doing the 737 helps them get the 777 out faster.

1 Like

Is 4 years a joke or will it really take a couple years?

It is. I think it will take about ~ 1,5 - 2 years.

how long for the 727 then?? (wishful thinking)

PMDG has no 727, but they had a beautyful MD-11.
Currently no one is developing a Boeing 727 which is kinda sad because it is one of the most beautyful tri-jets.

2 Likes

yeah…I’m prompting enough to see if someone might pick it !!!
Desperately needed IMB

2 Likes

Unfortunately just like while the 737 was in development, we won´t get many high quality screenshots from all angles, but only maybe two shots from the outside, and one close-up cockpit shot directed at the PFD and the navigation screen not until the product is one months prior to full release - without seeing anything else.

But I am sure the 777 will also feature these fluffy awesome seats with 3D wool :smiley: I already asked for that in the PMDG forum.

They have mentioned that the models depicted in game will show heavy wear and tear (because the plane is like 30 years old?). Those wool seats better have visible butt imprints…

The 777 is an especially beautyful airplane - I will make a clean cockpit overhaul because I am not flying a pigsty :smiley:
A youngtimer-car also does not look completely dirty, why should a plane? My oldest car was a Datsun 210 from that looked rather new, and that thing was way older than the 777 that was introduced in 1995 (and still flying).

So they better don´t make this beautyful carpet and the fluffy seats full of dirt :wink:

I believe they said medium for 777 and heavy for the 747.

that makes sense. I mean the 744 is only 4 years older than the 777. I would find it strange for the 744 to have “more” wear and tear than a 777 unless the operators are just absolutely abusing the ever lovin out of the Queen.

I’m sure sure thats a felony…

Any updates or rumors when this will be released?

It’s mentioned a little bit in Filberts stream from the other day with Randazzo. Unfortunately, we still don’t have a ton of information as to when we will see a release date, pictures, etc…

1 Like

In case you missed it. PMDG 777 is about to go into Beta.

6 Likes

How much time they take for 737 beta? That may hint to ballpark timelines for 777 being released.

With the learning curve behind them who knows, timelines may as well be shorter than the 737, on an optimistic note.

Was hoping to hear some update for EFB… :confused:
Taking more time than making a brand new airliner

At this point i would be willing to even pay to get an EFB :rofl:

1 Like

You should’ve read the post from RSR on the PMDG forums:

is it planned for PMDG to do a 747 at one time?

Yes, after the 777 (with the 737MAX probably slipped in somewhere along the way during/after the 777 release cycle).

2 Likes

yes but probably 2024/2025…

2 Likes