PMDG Douglas DC-6

I got to be honest here, I just think having to mess with your CPU to get something like this to work is very odd. Please I am not having a pop at you, or saying you are wrong, I think its bad you have to go to that level to get something to work in the sim, but also well done you for trying all this out!

I just really wonder what the actual state of the sim is at the moment, I am very concerned I feel like its gone back to release era in some aspects.

I agree.

I see some fans of MSFS recite this whole list what users should doā€¦ empty Community, clear your mods, delete your rolling cache, blabla and then scold people if they didnā€™t. Like thatā€™s normal.

But Iā€™m an experimental person by nature and I donā€™t like the computer to winā€¦ soā€¦ I keep tryingā€¦ and this time it seems I got luckyā€¦ the lowering of the power profile actually pointed to an application I had running (installed for MSFS) called ā€˜ParkControlā€™ by BitSum. Great little program. But apparently not for SU5. I deleted it and the Airbus is flying.

Of courseā€¦ that still points to some problems in the MSFS code. ParkControl is not that special. It shouldnā€™t crash anything.

1 Like

Did you see the notes about the upcoming patch for MSFS tomorrow? There was an issue with Garmins. It destroyed my approach last night. Thankfully itā€™s getting handled.

1 Like

Just finished my first complete flight in the DC-6 since the patch, one I have flown at least a dozen times, between Paso Robles and Santa Rosa California. KPRB > SNS > PYE > KSTS

Smooth as butter, but wow am I rusty! After the AH C140 was released I only flew that little sweetheart for a week or so. Canā€™t get much different than that, right?

Still, a very nice flight overall, and a decent landing. Canā€™t speak to the GNS issue(s) or not following the ILS since I hand-fly the approach and landing. Other than less-than-optimal handling of the radials by the pilot in command it wasnā€™t bad, and tons of fun.

No stutters, freezes, or any performance glitches at all. Very, very smooth.

3 Likes

Interesting comments from RSR on the latest DC6 patch for this weekend:

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/general-discussion-news-and-announcements/143567-31jul21-pmdg-dc-6-updated-to-v2-00-0035-via-pmdg-operations-center

Just popping back in here to show appreciation for PMDG and their magnificent beast. They are really on top of patches and fixes and have made sure SU5 hasnā€™t completely destroyed everything we love.

Looking forward to them getting some smoke for startup, but other than that the fixes today keep her in tip-top shape!

1 Like

Have they acknowledged the icing issue by now?

If you disabled icing the plane will still be covered in ice.

just uploaded a new paint:
jk6911 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk6913 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk6929 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk6922 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk6924 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk6932 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk6934 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

1 Like

Flaps dont deploy with the new update, anyone has this problem?

Is there any option to install this into a different directory?

Iā€™m trying to preserve space on my C Drive.

Should be no problem, I parked all of MFS on a separate drive

1 Like

Yes I had the same problem on approach today. Posted over on the PMDG forums no reply yet.

Try to reinstall, I solved the problem reinstalling the package

Looks Amazing! Thanks.

i think, your problem is same here.

Some folks over at PMDG forums say to check the hydraulic release lever. So I guess Iā€™ll try that first. It doesnā€™t occur on every flight so Iā€™m not sure itā€™s something wrong with the installation.

Iā€™ve never seen the flaps not deploy. Check the hydraulic bypass lever as @PiperDriver0624 suggested. Also, make sure the engine instruments inverter is on; itā€™s possible the flaps are deploying but the gauge doesnā€™t register it. You could always check with the external view as well, of course.

I fixed my dc-6, I have no more bugs, I flew more than 4 hours today with it and it works great.
I simply uninstalled the dc-6 with the installer, removed all traces of the dc-6 from my SSD and did a fresh install

1 Like

Do your external lights work?

I think this is a very important step.

I uninstalled using the Win 10 uninstall function in the Apps menu. I then double-checked that everything related to the PMDG DC-6 was - indeed - removed from my system. I then reinstalled the base package, then updated to the latest build - 2.0.36 - and installed the desired liveries in the PMDG Op Center.

Just landed KSFO, with no stutters, pauses, or freezes. Smooth as can be. For a complex aircraft at KSFO thatā€™s really good performance.

3 Likes