PMDG postpones 737NG3 to Q3 2021

Don’t get me wrong… I don’t think you should stop shouting from the mountaintops. We need that voice as well. I’ll gladly benefit from any improvements made through community brute force.

1 Like

This says everything about the state of Asobo’s progress… yikes. Hope they get a bigger team soon with all the $$ they got from us.

3 Likes

Let’s all be honest… They’ve given us a better foundation than any flight sim title to date. They aren’t going to stop improving it.

6 Likes

I agree with you, sir. I am personally concerned with the performance of the screens. XP handles screens so well, so smooth, I remember the first time when I moved from P3D to XP, looking at all the screens in that 737, such a great feeling. For me, that is key to move on with MSFS. Its a matter of time to know it. Cheers mate

I guess if you believe everything that comes out of pmdg mouth with that overpriced rehashed ■■■■ they are go to over charge for. Just setting you up with oh we had to do so much more work to make it work that’s why it’s costing you 125$ so yeah get ripped.

3 Likes

Depending on what could be considered ‘foundation’ that could be true or not brother. Graphic-wise it is amazing for example

Every flight sim has been a better “foundation” than the last flight sim. Again, I think the optimism is great, but the proof will be in the pudding whether or not they stick with it. Sorry to use an idiom, I know they don’t translate well.

Yes this too. Who knows maybe the SDK is a nightmare compared to FSX. MSFS does have objectively better graphics.

1 Like

Also keep in mind the level of detail PMDG models (ie. fluid viscosity affected by temperature). If another developer can get 90% of the way there then I’m sure it will be a success. There is risk another developer, perhaps one we’ve never heard of, beats them to the punch. It’s my opinion that the Zibo mod killed any chance PMDG was going to bring their 737 to xplane. The A320 mod could do the same for fslabs.

2 Likes

I don’t give a flying hooha about what pmdg has to say. Msfs is not ready for their product? That huge ego lol. Their product is not ready for msfs if truth be told. Talk about overpriced addons…

The devs already mentioned in the recent podcast with threshold that in the past, the aircraft devs have been hacking the software to make their product work with fsx and p3d. Lots of cheap tricks and shortcuts. Asobo don’t want that garbage in their new sim and they are always assisting the 3rd party devs to better understand and learn the new software so they can get rid of these hacks.

4 Likes

Nah , this statement is just to keep the XPlane boys happy .

Plenty of milking still left in those " XPlane whales " !!

1 Like

Indeed! And yes, every flight sim has been a better foundation than the last. FSX had issues at launch, eventually became pretty darn good. XP too. So now, it’s MSFS time. We’re in the launch phase.

I don’t see any reason to think Microsoft would invest so much money to start up a flight sim again, after so casually dismissing the old crew, without wanting this one to be amazing.

Kind of interesting to think about what this title might be if the Aces Team was doing it instead of Asobo. I bet we’d have a default 737 instead of an A320. :smiley:

EDIT: Also, the money aspect of this would be extremely interesting to know. I hope they disclose it some day.

hah yeah probably

Completely unsurprising, I wanted to do scenery development for MSFS but in its current state with the bugs, lack of documentation, missing features and questionable development practices by Asobo I’m not going to touch it until it improves.

2 Likes

Once again, scenery developers and simulator engine developers are VERY different people. Work on one doesn’t exclude the other.

4 Likes

Funny thing is that PMDG don’t even offer their Boeings on XPlane, I’m guessing that indicates P3D has the best simulation according to our resident forum experts.

Not only that, I’m still certain MSFS will get it before XPlane.

2 Likes

Meaning no flyable airliner in the near future…
Sad…

1 Like

On the upside, glass half full view, look how good it is for “pre-pre-alpha”! Imagine what it will be like in a year.

2 Likes

now i am pretty sure that with next week’s Japan update the A320 wont be fixed :weary:

and btw i really would like to fly the 787 without ILS crash

1 Like

Yeah but you’ll have a PMDG-level Japan. Just think of the possibilities.

1 Like