PMDG postpones 737NG3 to Q3 2021

yeah, ortho looked awesome. Wish it had so good color match like in msfs. But i guess thats blackshark ai s doing.

And is anybody surprised by the pmdg announcement.
It was basically a very diplomatic way of saying “you guys really need to get your act together before we can get involved”
Any other way of interpreting an announcement like that after a years worth of hype about fs2020 is just being in denial.

I’m ready to make the same announcement of coming back in a year if the next patch is anything like the last one, sorry to say.

3 Likes

Lol
 we all can interpret what they meant any which way we please. If you say I’m in denial for not aligning my belief to yours, I can say the same about you.

Unless they expound their statement, all we can do is assume. You see half empty, I see half full, and no one besides the PMDG dev can tell us we are right or wrong.

1 Like

No that is a good strategy to avoid frustration. I would get a refund now and buy the game in a year or two if I could.

Since according to some, I supply nothing but FUD, here is a fun fact: Rosemary Butler sang the vocals in the second chorus of Jackson Browne’s rendition of “Stay” in 1977. One of the best back-up vocalists of the 1970s. The third chorus is actually a dude - David Lindley.

2 Likes

Don’t you hear that you are asking too much from a new sim? You should be happy with the planes that (mostly) work. And Japan!
:crazy_face:

1 Like

I hear the new Japan is so detailed that you can actually see Tom Cruise filming The Last Samurai from FL250.

5 Likes

This right here is the quote that stands out to me.

LOL! Gotta laugh so I don’t cry

3 Likes

And Majestic
 :disappointed: :kangaroo:

Kinda made me scratch my head. Why can’t they say now how it is to work with Asobo? Are they prohibited with a NDA also. If they have nothing but good experiences why wouldn’t they want to share that with everyone.

1 Like

Simply because it doesn’t fit within the scope of the announcement.

You know that they have to be upset with how the sim is working right now and the delay it is causing them. So, like I said, it was diplomatic.

You read my mind. That is exactly what I was thinking when he made that post. If it is such a glorious experience, why no share it? Sandwich method of giving bad news

3 Likes

They are actually contemplating a whole year of delay. That has to tell you something. They can’t be happy about that!

2 Likes

I admit, I do tend to look at things with optimism, driven mainly by all of my experiences with MSFS.

Rose-colored glasses, painting everything in a positive light. Well, I don’t know the color of glasses for seeing things negatively. But perception is what drives this thread, and many like it. There are those with positive outlook about MSFS, and those with negative. That general feeling is woven through every post we type.

We should all remember that evidence without proper analysis can be tainted by what we desire the outcome to be.

1 Like

Get the 32N mod- it’s like the Zibo for the 320. The neo keeps getting better and better.

3 Likes

Cant argue with you. I too try to be optimistic.
But as far as "evidence "

Tons of bugs upon release, a patch that didn’t really solve any of them from a flight Sim standpoint , another patch that actually made things worse
 I think that’s a lot of evidence for a developer of third-party software to take into consideration. I keep hoping. I’m willing to try it again after the next patch and see if these guys really know what they’re doing or not.

2 Likes

The best thing Asobo could do is just open up all the source code to these top developers and just let them fix it. I’m afraid that they really don’t have too much of a clue how to program these aircrafts’ systems. Not saying they don’t know how to program and code but something just doesn’t seem right with their development of the aircraft. They did spectacularly well with the graphics side and think that will get better but its like they just don’t understand or know how to implement the features that are needed for the airframes. Not talking about them pumping out study level but they seem to be struggling with some of the more basic systems.

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s struggling with the basics, but I would not be surprised if the struggle was the integration of systems, the way they tie-in, and mesh with each other.

2 Likes

Probably, I have seen reports that third-party developers have a separate NDA. But not being one of them, I haven’t seen anything official, not that I’d probably be able to tell you if I had.

With that having been said, I have personally had three NDAs with three separate software development companies over the last five years. Each one had different terms around disclosure, but not a single one said I could say things that made the org look good, while not being allowed to say things that made them look bad.

4 Likes