PMS50 GNS530 mod

Amazing work. Top mod on the same level of WT group. You sir deserve be working for Asobo/MS.

Thank you for you stellar work. I don’t fly witout your mod. Period.

4 Likes

The GNS530 mod is not different from the stock in the amount of real estate it’s screen takes up, so in this instance the issue is not one of a mod making a change to their plane, but simply them having not got the dimensions correct to start with. I would think filing a ticket would still be prudent.

1 Like

Hmm you are right, I tried it with stock panel.cfg and unmodded GNS and both are cut off.
I remembered them a bit different and thought there was room for the display.
Here’s how stock JF PA3 with stock GNS looks like:

Will open a ticket, but currently I’m discussing with them why separate tickets per issue are better than bunching multiple problems into one (they requested me to put all issues into one ticket :man_facepalming: ). Sometimes I feel like people use modern systems just to then print everything out, shuffle it around and then try to figure out what the order of the sheets originally was. But that’s OffTopic.

2 Likes

There is a fix for the panel issue already on the forum somewhere. You have to modify one config file to get it looking right

You’re going to open a ticket with Microsoft about a third party aircraft?

Edit: Ok, I misread things. Sorry

It is pretty clear, that the OP intends to open a ticked with the Spitfire Developer, not Microsoft. (Their posts indicate they are quite savy, and know what they are talking about !! )

I am sure the Spitfire developer is already aware of their slight sizing error with the Garmin units, and it will be easily corrected in their next update. EASY FIX.

And in the meantime, anyone who has the plane is free to mod it themselves, if they find the sizing an issue for them.

One BIG ADVANTAGE of buying the Spitfire direct from the developer, and not as a potentially .fsarchive encoded plane on the MS Store.

They’ve modded the 530 into a Spitfire!? Classy! :wink:

1 Like

Well, guess what, that fix for the panel is my own post.
We were talking about whether this is a bug that JustFlight needs to fix or not. Since it affects even the stock GNS setup, of course this is a support ticket to JustFlight and not for Microsoft.

Please, before jumping into a discussion, you can simply check what the talk is about, this saves you such questions.

1 Like

There’s plenty of us out there… It’s just the few are major pain in the butts who think life should be handed them on a silver platter,… well, there will always be a few bad apples in any bunch, no getting around it…

1 Like

GMS530-facility-names

Thank you – Fanstatic - (no more looking up Frequencies on web pages like Skyvector – now they are all easily obtained (and automatically entered) by the Garmin …)

1 Like

Well, depends on the year… Probably want to avoid that if you own a 1974 model…

And, yes, according to reports, the Bravo and MSFS don’t really like each other at the moment. Asobo is working on fixing their code in terms of how they read inputs supposedly, but, 'tis a marriage with communication issues at the moment…

Geoff is a bit fired up at the moment :wink:

He quite likes the 530 mod… deservedly so :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My mistake. Just trying to be helpful. Yes I would hope that JustFlight will make the change themselves to fit the 530 in better.

1 Like

@ScorpionFilm422 - Request / Suggestion

Ref: latest Version 1.0.29

Up till Sim Update #3, it was not easy/possible to get the AIPORT ICAO code for a given Navaid (localizer), so as a compromise, on this screen, the GNS530 Mod just put in the Nav Code for that Localizer ( ie 11AD) instead of the Airport ID (KIAD) that the RW Garmin displays.

I believe that Sim Update #3, now allows the Airport ID to be got for a given Localize, so now it would be possible to display as the real World Garmin does, the airport ICAO Code.

Update #3 release Note:

• Added airport ident and ILS runway name in GNS530 when tuning nav radio to a localizer

BUT – I personally, have got use to seeing the navid ICAO code, and think it is far better to see the IIAD to confirm the correct Localizer, rather than the Garmin RW display of the Airport.

In keeping with the GNS530 design goal - to make it as REAL WORLD as possible, it should now be possible to correctly put in the AIRPORT ICAO code in the LOC window, but maybe you might consider, not doing away with the nav ICAO code, and instead putting it in the Upper of the 3 windows, that has ENR in the middle window.

If this breaks the REALISM rule, maybe its addition could be a user selective OPTION, (like the optional Radar ) – and Garmim – if you even make a 2021 Update for the RW GNS530, that could be a welcome addition in the REAL WORLD Unit )

For Reference, this is what the ORIGINAL Asobo GNS530 looks like after Update 3, with the Airport ICAO code included.

They removed the DISTANCE !!..
Also ILS runway is truncated ?

and this is what the Real World GNS530 should look like …

(Ignore the GPS – it was set to GPS for screenshot – and the GNSMOD screenshot was set to VLOC … so thats working correctly)

The REAL WORLD Garmin
ICAO-original-Update 3

===============================

The best of all options:

The display like the Real World Garmin, but with the option to add back in
(1) The DME Range
(2) The availability of Glideslope

as user controlled additional options

ie
Garmin Real GNS530   with addition

1 Like

This GNS530 mod together with the JF PA28 works like a charm! Thank you so much

2 Likes

I missed this feature, how do I get to this page?

A little bit out of scope but here is the first picture of my current project. Nearly finished and available soon.

21 Likes

OMG

This must be a DREAM ? someone wake me up !!!

4 Likes

Ok, it only works on Macs :slight_smile:

Oooo watching intently…