PMS50 GNS530 mod

Thanks for all your work it is greatly appreciated. :+1: :ok_hand: :clap:

1 Like

Thank you, youā€™re doing some really great work here.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for your work for the community !

A question : you say in the history : ā€œ- Less dependency from other Modsā€
Does it mean there ARE dependencies ? More precisely, my question is : are there mods that I should make sure load before this one ? Or after ?

Thanks !

1 Like

Well, difficult to answer. Itā€™s quite technical.

MSFS works with a virtual directory that is a big collection of html, css and javascript files.
When you write a MOD you have to change the code of the original files. You can do that in 2 ways: directly override the original file or create a modified copy.

In the first case, any other MOD using this original file will be affected by your modifications.
In the second case, you are safe and more stable because you are sure that any modification in the original file will not affect your MOD. On the other side, you will not affect another MOD using the same file.

You cannot embed a copy of the whole simulator source code in your MOD so, at a certain level, you always use some original files.
The idea is to try to embed the files that are mostly used by your MOD even if there are not modified.
This is what I made in my last update.

Now to answer your question, my last update is more independent of other MODs since I have embedded more relevant files.
If you have any issue, the first thing to do before reporting that to me is to test it without any other (similar) MOD.

Hope this is understable with my bad English.

Bonne soirƩe

Hi Scorpion and thank you for the update. I just tested the Map feature and the plane is tracking properly when I switch mode but the map stays the same. In other words the map is backwards.

1 Like

Yes same here. The place markers get shifted up to the north but the land map stays in the original rotation so everything looks wrong.

Thanks for your continued efforts with this mod too. Has made a nice difference to my round the world trip in the Mooney.

Oups sorry guys. A mistake after test (ctrl + Z).
I make a correction in few minutes.

1 Like

good job bud!

Thanks for the really quick fix!

Available just now on https://pms50.com/fs2020/gns530/pms50-gns530.zip

Sometimes I want to go too fast.

Please let me know if it works for you now.

2 Likes

It works for me.
i like the fact that i can do a direct to a waypoint now from FPL pageā€¦ too bad it has to be an ICAO one thoughā€¦ Doesnt work well on a rnav approach if IAF is a GPS waypoint apprently.
otherwise works well. good job again

Still has the issue that when i load the approach the line between departure et arrival disappear from NAV page

Please let me know your test flight plan and how you see that. I will check. When you set an approach, the magenta line may disappear until you reach your approach leg.
For the direcTo approach waypoint, the direcTo page accepts only ICAO waypoints until now. Not sure to be able to change that.
Now you can use activate leg on approach.

Fantastic!
Very grateful for this.

works so far, but cannot delete waypoints on approachā€¦ nor go direct to a fix (inside the approach)

Question: Where can I find the BRG to ? OK got it (MENU)

Update: KSNA - KPMD RNAV 07 - IAF JEFFY (came in on a opposite HDG) - GNS calculates every 20 degrees in the turn the distance to the fix (i.e. 2nm down to 0.1nm, then again 2nm) and so onā€¦
Thats for the whole turnā€¦

Then YUGKUā€¦ ok - then RGAMIā€¦ BANGā€¦ back to JEFFY (U-turn to the IAF)ā€¦

ehermmā€¦

Another question: Is the GNS530 not WAAS capable? It seems notā€¦
(Just goooogelt it: There is an upgrade offer for WAAS - $4000 uh)
Seems microsobo just bought the non WAAS versionā€¦ $$

Thatā€™s the problem you got it . Cannot do a direct to inside the approach label

Just popped in to say thanks and show a bit of support for your work.
Much appreciated.

I think that is a known in the 1.0.3 change log.

DirectTO Approach waypoints:

This works but only for valid ICAO waypoints. Any other user fix will not be accepted.

Unfortunately, I canā€™t do anything more with that because, as far I can see, this is the way MSFS works. The internal sim only accepts a direct to an ICAO waypoint. Not possible with only GPS coordinates. The day I have a sim function that accepts a direct to GPS coordinates I will use it.
Itā€™s the same behavior with any aircraft in this sim (tested with daher and same issue).

Use activate leg instead (maybe after an HDG mode to reach the waypoint in the correct radial).

I submitted an issue to MSFS zendesk.

1 Like

Deleting approach waypoints:

This is currently impossible because there is no sim function to do that.
There is only a sim function to remove an enroute waypoint. As soon as the sim will give me that possibility I will implement it.
In the original GNS530, there is a bug: trying to remove an approach waypoint calls the sim function that removes an enroute waypoint. For example if you try to remove the second waypoint of the approach it removes the second enroute waypoint. This is not really what is expected!!!
So I prevented removing a waypoint approach in order to not prevent this bug.

The same kind of bug for inserting a waypoint into an approach. The native simā€™s GNS530 inserts it into the enroute. So I blocked this possibility also.

Unfortunately, the sim is full of bugs or missing features. I cannot do things that are not implemented in the simā€™s kernel.

Sorry for that.

I submitted an issue to MSFS zendesk.

1 Like