PMS50 GNS530 mod

Fantastic News — Looking forward to that …

Just to be clear :grinning:

The U-Turn issue has always been in the base MSFS code, in the way “Asobo have incorrectly coded how their idea of how” LNAV works.

It is NOT the way LNAV works in any Real World GPS systems

1 Like

What is that U-Turn bug?

Once you start on an approach, if you attempt to change the approach (like if ATC gives new instructions or you want a different runway) the nav system doesn’t go direct to the new approach, it does a u turn and flies to the first waypoint of the approach. Even if you are using the same approach with a different runway.

1 Like

Ah tanks, yeah I experienced that

The mod seems to be killing the avionics screens (nav 1 and 2, ADF etc) in any aircraft I load that has the 530 installed. All is well without it in the community folder. I also have the latest WT G3000 mod installed. Don’t know if there is a conflict there?

What do you mean by “killing the avionics screens”?

Ah yes, poor choice of words. They are off, not working, caput. Can’t be turned on or used.

Quick update. All is normal without the mod installed i.e stock 530 and avionics are ok. The transponder now works without the G3000 mod installed but displays a 5754 code that can’t be changed or cleared but the GNS530 itself and the comm/nav 2 and ADF are still inactive.

Just to be clear, this is the updated 530 mod that the developer pushed yesterday? I’m assuming you didn’t just use the old version.

Yes. Latest GNS530 mod and latest G3000.

Stock GNS and avionics are working normally with only the G3000 mod installed.

If you’re using a livery, whenever you run across an electrical problem, especially with the C172, make sure, you’ve copied the latest panel.cfg and panel.xml from the aviators livery to whatever livery you are using and they are listed in both the layout.json and aircraft.cfg of the livery you are using.

It’s happening in the C172, M20R and the Seminole with stock liveries.

1 Like

Have you tried with just the GNS530 and no G3000?

I have. See above.

I emptied my community folder except for the GNS mod and it’s working properly now. I’ll have to go through the mods one by one to see where the clash is. I’ll keep you posted.

1 Like

Not noticed this before .

After landing, GNS530 is flashing between two different data displays.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1O6Jv7j-PLFbQZO9kN21GFJ2NTd-g9i3P/view?usp=sharing

Flight plan was loaded:

fpl1.pln (2.2 KB)

Minor detail:

The other unexpected thing I noticed, is with the messaging.
As soon as the plane passed on fix on the arrival, it announced the next fix, way before it got there. Not sure how Real World that is ? seems a little premature to announce arrival at the fix, as soon as leaving the last one. - especially of the message system even got “Audio Announcements” incorporated.

The next fix is announced if you are less than 3nm from it.

2 Likes

Just got the Piper Arrow III from JustFlight and really love to use it with the mod.
I noticed a tiny detail, not sure if it’s somehow to fix in the mod (since I guess JF won’t bother fixing it for a mod).

The frame of the GPS hides a few pixels of the display of the GNS530:

And the GNS430 as well:

Not a big deal, but if you have an easy idea how to modify the bounding area or something like that in the mod, I’d be happy to try it out :slight_smile:

The size of the screen is in the panel.cfg file. You could try playing with that a little.
On their end, I think they’d have to resize the surface they’d declare for $vcockpit whatever it is for the GNS display to get it all the way inside the bezel.

1 Like