PMS50 GNS530 mod

Thanks, will give it a try. :slight_smile:
I guess with the default GNS displays which they account for, there was much more room around the edges which is why they chose to cut off the excess pixels.

Please share if you find a fix. (just installed the Arrow)

Might sound dumb but how do I put on the 530 in the new Arrow by JF?

The electronic tablet that has all the settings. Or you could read the manual that came with it.

yeah, I got the 530 on the panel, just canā€™t switch it on. I turn the squelch button, and the buttons become backlit, but the garmin doesnā€™t go onimage

1 Like

I believe you push one of the knobs to turn it on?

I pressed everything :(. I am fully updated and guy in post above got it on. Weird

Are you using the G530 mod? Did you update it like you were supposed to?

yeah downloaded latest version like an hour ago. Tested in Mooney and Cessna and works fine

Is there an Avionics master switch?

no, each device needs to be turned on individually

Well Iā€™m out of ideas. Unless youā€™ve got some conflicting mods somewhere. What happens if you take out all mods except the 530 mod?

You probably ran into the Known Issue that was introduced in yesterdayā€™s update.
Sometimes you start cold&dark and some or all of the PFDs/MFDs simply stay dark. Happens with the G1000 aircraft as well.

Only known solution is to restart the flight from main menu.

Usually with the battery switches the Garmin should turn on and initialize, thereā€™s nothing else to do on the PA-28R to see the GNS come to life.

oh yeah, that might be it. thanks man

yeah restart fixed it thanks guys

That didnā€™t work for me. Starting MSFS again, rebooted, nothing has worked since the 1.14.5.0 update.

:cry: Tears !!!

For info, trying it in the JF PA-28. Iā€™ll go back to the C-172 and see if it works there.

Nope! Didnā€™t work there eitherā€¦ More tears :cry: :cry: :confounded:

1 Like

Donā€™t feel bad. The GNS mod is a WIP. Itā€™s not working properly for me. Zooming in an out the map causes fps to drop in half. Also, sometimes when I load the sim, the avionics are off. So it doesnā€™t currently work as perfectly as before the latest ASOBO update. ASOBO managed to break the sim again.

1 Like

Yes, but it was working so nice even as a WIP.

ā€œASOBO managed to break the sim again.ā€

Amen on that ! :grimacing:

1 Like

@ScorpionFilm422

FYI: Still get the occasional FREEZE when selecting ICAO code letters.

The whole Sim locks up for about 1 minute, and then will suddenly start running again.

While I doubt that this is caused directly by GNS530 MOD, the issue still exists, and I have never seen it do this using the GNS530 without the Mod (but I very seldom run the GNS530 without the Mod)

1 Like

Iā€™ve had the G1000 freeze the same way, but in that instance it never recovered, not after 20mins of waiting.