Pms50 gtn750 Virus threat - not working anymore

Had a lot of problems with the 414 and the analog Caravan using the GTN750 by PMS50 until I found out, that Windows defender is flagging it as a virus/trojan. Can’t even download it anymore and PMS has taken down the download as well. Deactivated for now.

1 Like

pms50 Today at 17:34

IMPORTANT Microsoft changed its virus detection table on October 7 causing a case of false detection in our GTN750 package. We assure you that the code does not contain any virus and that it is indeed a case of false detection. Only windows defender detects it. We will publish in a few minutes a new package with version 2.1.45 which will solve this problem. It is then necessary to update your package.

3 Likes

Thx for the fast response and action

I updated Malware Bytes and Avast well before this post and did a virus check with both. None flagged up any problems with the package and I’ve been using them for years with no problems.

See here:

Moved to #third-party-addon-discussion:tools-utilities where third part avionics are discussed.

Well that explains why mine was blank in the H125.
Checked and sure enough, blocked on the 7th by Windows security.

Windows defender just reported this:
file: D:\WpSystem\S-1-5-21-580668211-3684389048-2378569797-1001\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Community\pms50-instrument-gtn750\html_ui\Pms50\gtn750\Pages\VCockpit\Instruments\NavSystems\GPS\GTN750\js\GTN750.js

It is categorized as a significant threat and the file was moved into quaratine by windows defender.
So what should i do now?

Update your GTN750

I think this was reported before on this forum. Download latest GTN750 and warning goes away I think.

I was close to a heart attack, gonna try with a newer version if available, thx.

1 Like

Defender sees the Simskunkworks G91 installer as a threat too.

Latest pms50 update brought it back. Can’t download it and it was flagged as a trojan and windows defender rendered even the old one in the community folder inoperative, hence the black displays in the H145.

You need to ensure you are running the most up to date security intelligence, delete any existing 750 packages that you may have and also set up exclusions for the community folder and the download file type.

Note a new version 2.1.89 dropped today which had some other (non related) issues.

Thanks for the info, the new version works.