POI Updates that just make sense!

The Evergreen Aviation & Space Museum in McMinnville, Oregon (which the team, content creators and fans apparently held a 40th Anniversary celebration at) is the current home of the H4 Hercules. An amazing structure filled with history and astonishing architecture.

In the Sim, it’s a barren lot with generic office buildings.

The same goes for the Intrepid A&S Museum in New York.
The Sinsheim Museum in Germany that houses the last Air France Concorde to fly.
The “World’s Largest Dinosaur” roadside attraction in Drumheller, Alberta, Canada (especially after the World Update) “is there”, but just a flat photogrammetry image underneath another office block.

Just to name a few examples.

There are so many other places of interest around the world that could use some love.

Heck, even Asobo’s Headquarters in France is a gray block of nothing.

We haven’t had any “City Updates” since August of this year. Perhaps Asobo could tie these little POI Updates into those somehow.

Yes, there’s always the possibility 3PD’s can touch these places up, but I would loved to have seen McMinnville get some special treatment from the 40th Update.

4 Likes

I’d love to see a continuation of VFR type packs like what Orbx has done with the UK in order to “fill-in-the-gaps” if you will, which would hopefully encompass places like that. There is a German regional landmarks pack on the MP that does the same thing, I don’t know their name but you could raise it with them and see what happens in regards to the Sinsheim.

I’d love to see an “Ancient World” pack which would cover the world with all the famous and even lesser known ruins. Egypt obviously, Middle Eastern ones and places like Gobekli Tepe, Sacsayhuaman, Puma Punku, Macchu Pichu etc. There’s definitely plenty of gaps that I hope at least 3PD’s are conjuring up.

Edit: Perhaps this should be a wishlist item?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.