[POLL] Your most important things when deciding to BUY a NEW AIRCRAFT?

The idea of this Poll is as a compliment to my Top 10 Aircraft topic, to see what the community feel are the most important aspects of an Aircraft when deciding what to buy, fly and add to their hangar.

I have had to split the poll into 2 parts because the system didn’t allow enough answers in a single poll. Please make your votes below. Thanks!

:white_check_mark: :bar_chart: NOTE: You can pick UP TO 5 ANSWERS in each Poll!

About the Aircraft Product:

What is most important to you when choosing an aircraft to BUY & FLY?
  • Realistic Flight Model (good feeling)
  • 3D Modelling & Texturing Quality
  • Audio Quality (plus other immersive factors / vibrations etc.)
  • Systems Depth & Accuracy (accurate to POH, flies “on the numbers”)
  • Navigation Systems & Integration with 3rd Party Tools
  • Damage & Failure Modelling
  • Ease of Use / Compatibility with my Hardware & Controls
  • Versatility of Use-cases (utility / flying style)
  • Variants in same purchase (e.g. tail dragger + trike / different configurations / engines etc.)
  • Uniqueness (minimal overlap with aircraft I already own)
  • Role Play (missions / tasks / replicating real-world flights)
  • Extra features (animations / interactions / passengers / unique features)
  • Fun Factor
  • Visibility from the Cockpit
  • Analogue Cockpit
0 voters

About Other Factors:

What other related factors are most important to you in a purchase decision?
  • Recommendations & Reviews (YouTube / other media / friends etc.)
  • Developer “Passion” & Community Interaction (on forums / Discord / streams etc.)
  • Developer Track-record & Reputation (as personally perceived)
  • Maintenance Updates (bug fixes / compatibility with Sim Updates etc)
  • Improvement Updates (adding NEW features / improvements to the release version)
  • Value for Money
  • Available on Xbox & PC (single purchase / Marketplace)
  • NOT Marketplace Exclusive
  • General Performance (fps / stability)
  • VR Support & Performance
  • Hype Factor from the Community
  • Specifically to be able to fly with friends in group flights that require the model
  • Personal connection with an Aircraft (historical reason / IRL flying etc.)
  • I am a hoarder - I have to have it all in my collection!
  • To support the Developer (even if the aircraft is not really something I would fly often)
  • Other reasons, not listed here (feel free to comment below!)
0 voters

Thanks for voting!! :heart:

23 Likes

Thank you very much @Baracus250 for all the work you put into your threads and how you keep this community alive! :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

Awwww…. you make me blush!!! :blush:

It’s really my pleasure but you give me too much credit and praise! It’s all good fun! I love this scene and all you guys. I’m not doing anything that special, just seem to be the one that actually goes and does it lol

Thank you for your comment though. Means a lot!! I’m in! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I see @Baracus250 didn’t himself vote for the “Hoarder” option, so now I KNOW this whole poll is invalid!

3 Likes

Darnit!! I’ve been rumbled!! Where’s the door :slight_smile:

Maybe… just maybe… I don’t see myself that way! I’ve been pretty reserved (recently) and for sure there were 5 other things more important to me. I think :thinking:

It’s a bit weird why half people are not making any votes in the 2nd table. Wassup?? :slight_smile:

Yeah maybe. Trouble is a poll (like this) can only have 20 answers. Would have to do it “manual” and I have enough on my plate already so would want it automated like this one somehow.

1 Like

Even simmers have short attention spans! :crazy_face:

Haha, yeah… the way of the world :slight_smile:
Too much “content”!

Maybe I should have kept it simple.

What is your favourite colour of Aeroplane?

:ballot_box_with_check: White
:ballot_box_with_check: Black
:ballot_box_with_check: Silver
:ballot_box_with_check: Blue
:ballot_box_with_check: Red
:ballot_box_with_check: Green
:ballot_box_with_check: Transparent

2 Likes

This poll is really cool idea, thanks!

I would add one factor which makes me buy an aeroplane or makes me not to buy it: the price!

Thanks!
”Value for money” is there in the second table so you can tick that one :wink:

Or if you want to be more specific, tick the “Other reasons, not listed here” and write exactly what you mean in a Comment.

1 Like

Voted in both.

2 Likes

Excellent work Baracus, thanks for doing this. I imagine there will be some eyes on this thread and hopefully it’ll get a good response.

I did forget to mention an addition in the top 10 thread, I suppose I could have put it in other, but state saving is important to me, especially for tours. It’s not a deal breaker by any means, but it might push me to buy one plane over another if they are similar in many ways.

1 Like

Thanks man! I hope so. Might be useful to developers in general.

Ah yeah good point. Flip! I suppose it can go in “Extra features” but yes you could do what I wrote above about “Other” and comment it.

#1 It’s got to have good flight range
(My test flight range is usually is KROC to KJFK) and my GA requirement is it’s at least got to stop at least once for fuel

#2 I mainly fly aircraft ranging from the early age of jets to the year 2013

#3 not to modern flight deck (I’m not a huge fan of heavily computerized flight decks like the 787) I prefer layouts like the 757 more

#4 is how many variants com with the aircraft

#5 fully explorable interior

3 Likes

Probably the biggest single reason for me is whether I am interested in the aircraft outside of the sim or not. I prefer older, less modern aircraft. It’s much more fun to fly around in a Bonanza with a V-tail and analogue guages than it is to fly around in the latest model. That’s just me.

2 Likes

Nice work! I could have included another 3 or 4 factors that you listed.

For the second part, I check reviews, but I place more value in comments and insights posted on this forum (over time and after the hype has died down) than most YouTubers’ “Hot Takes.”

4 Likes

Out of your 5, I see I have not defined a place for 1, 2 and 3 very well.

4 would be the Variants option.
5 would be 3D modelling & texturing I suppose?

…but you didn’t actually make any votes? And you can have 5 from EACH poll up there :wink:

Too late sadly to really add any more options now as I’d lose all current votes so will have to work around these things until I run POLL 2.0!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks man!! I’ll just let people tick everything then hahah?

Same here actually. I considered splitting up the reviews into a separate selection for source of review but it stated getting too much (granular) just for that “topic” then. Maybe I will split it a bit if I do this mythical V2.0 in a few months. Noted in my notes, thanks!!!

@Baracus250 I can only pick 5? Wouldn’t 10 be better?

:rofl: :rofl:

1 Like