[Polls] 40th Anniversary Edition/Sim Update 11 Discussion

Yup that’s where I disable/enable online functionality. Some combination will work I’m sure. Just have to find it. Ahhh Flight stimming.

Unbelievable, but it was the smoothest update to date. Nice going to everyone involved.

And what an update it is!!! :grinning:

They’re called “spoilers” in the Control Options. You can assign a toggle and an axis.

Discovered it was the Inibilds Ibiza add on causing the CTD in the 310 FMC - the one they use in the training videos ironically!

This only works as a temp fix sadly - it just comes back again as soon as you use mouse again. It has been reported as a bug for some time

My apologies

Since this update 11 the sound is all over the place weird sounds and loud anybody else with the same issue?

RECENT WINDOWS UPDATE IS POSSIBLE CAUSE OF MSFS PERFORMANCE ISSUES

Like many others, after updating to the MSFS to the 40th Anniversary Edition I am experiencing stutters, momentary freezes and CTDs. I’ve unsuccessfully tried a variety of solutions.
Yesterday I happened to see this item:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-health/status-windows-11-22h2#lower-than-expected-performance-in-some-games

On October 18, Microsoft released Windows 11 22H2 (build 22621). Microsoft published the issue statement on November 10, the day before MSFS 40th Anniversary was released.

I have submitted a Zendesk issue.

2 Likes

I fixed it by enabling multiplayer again in the conditions window and everything started working normally again and I could change settings. Thanks for your help.

2 Likes

For me the sim is unflyable at the moment.
Maybe the first minute or 5 if you are lucky the sim performance is smooth, but some time after that performance is going south resulting in a slideshow.

I don’t know what to do …… wait perhaps? Who knows.
Anyways I hope to see this fixed ASAP.

Cheers Mark

I’m on windows 10 btw.

1 Like

I have emptied the community folder and I still have massive CTD randomly, that is, entering the same place, with the same aircraft and with the same conditions sometimes the simulator takes me to the windows desktop and sometimes not. This is a disaster. Always the same problems, unplayable. …At least they could leave an option to return to a previous version… The previous version was far from perfect, but at least in my case I could spend hours playing, now it is literally impossible. I don’t understand anything, everything should be getting better instead of getting worse…Also the overall performance has dropped quite a bit, with the same flight conditions I have lost almost 10fps in all scenarios and in VR now I have to lower the viewfinder resolution to be able to play without getting dizzy. For me everything has gotten worse in general, especially a lot of crashes. My equipment, hard drive 2Tb Nvme, rtx 3090, ryzen 5900x overclock 5000Mz water cooled and 32 Gb ram 3800 Mhz.

Yea Strange, very smooth.
Then a 3 how hours flight ( with dlss3 and because of this no more cpu limit😳) with no bugs, nice Asobo!

Massive FPS degration! Stutters are now back.

• Minus 10 FPS from SU09 to SU10
  • Minus 10 FPS from SU10 to SU11 and Stutters are back

Same Settings, same flight, same time, same conditions

6 Likes

Try again when servers settle I’d say…

Also, when on win11, notice above posted information.

You’re not missing or not doing anything.
Just enjoy your flying.

I enjoy my 27 to 30 FPS with smooth flight and great graphics
at 4K Ultra & DX12 (SU11).

2 Likes

Same here… all good with update.
Finally making it easy and seamless for all… Well, hopefully all.

Yes really loud if an aircraft passes you over, under, left or right?

That’s a known issue especially with the A310 which already was reported several times over here. See this bug report:

Haven’t had a network connection to the server for over 15 hours. Not worth playing if I can’t get any data for scenery.

Scenery data seems fine, it’s basically multiplayer affected from what I see. At least I’m able to do flights just fine within MP.