[Polls] 40th Anniversary Edition/Sim Update 11 Discussion

Fully agree. Also the new contents is just Great, big thanks for all the effort and invested time and money! I would have paid twice the price of MSFS.

But performance: DX12 worse (i7, 3080, 32GB) than SU11 and again heavily and almost fully CPU limited. Had to overclock CPU more and fans again singing. Also A310 in complex airports run some 15FPS, the worst even see, after FSX.

2 Likes

The A310 is affected by the wasm no compile issue hopefully fps will pick up after that gets fixed.
I even tried the pmdg 737 in DX12 and perf. was terrible so switched to DX11 and itā€™s fine. Not sure what they did to regress dx12 so much. (Iā€™m also using dlss too)

Question regarding the new CFD aerodynamics visualization: Very cool feature, however I have noticed that visualization of updrafts disappear as soon as you get close to them in your aircraft. Is that intended? And does it only affect the visualisation or is indeed something wierd happening with the updraftsā€¦this is relevant to gliders especially, but I did not yet fly enough to verify.

This is a video on YouTube showing you how to remove that white dot.

Anyone else getting issue where head panning withe Xbox controller right stick dose other assigned things, like ballast and spoilers on glider. But shows as should do look in mappings. Same on All 40th gift aircraft but anything that was pre-su11 is ok?

On xbsx have fully deleted from drive and reinstalled all sim and save profile data.
Creating new profiles dose not help. And when remap in (glider) scheme, it resets back even when saved.

Almost as though they bundled a hotas+head tracking control scheme as default binds and set to read only.

Someone (Orangediamant03) posted a video in this thread how to get rid of the white dot. Just scroll up to 457

Oh great, the bug where the controls stop working when a silly big screen saying the data connection is down is back.

Two Steps forward, one and a half back.
I think Iā€™ll do it like since SU09 and wait for the next update. :joy:

2 Likes

Yes, happened to me too. And there was no aircraft in vicinity. Very loud and annoying NOISE.

2 Likes

Thanks for feedbackā€¦I think thats a good bit of problem solving and a good one to file away. Now on with some simmingā€¦ update running really well

SU10 was much smoother, but given the hype for SU11 it went ok I thought. Servers crapped out a couple of times during the update download. And Iā€™ve had a lot of temporary server connection failures during flight since the update, which I assume is just due to heavy load from all the players.

I moved from an excellent 60 fps in SU09 to 40 fps with heavy stutters in SU11. Iā€™m not happy with such a decrease having a high end configuration. I know that there might be an issue with W11 22H2. However, the FPS decrease from SU09 to SU10 was also substantial.

After updating to Sim Update 11 this is what my flights looks like. No matter what plane I use, no matter with or without online functionality.

Performance sucks big time.

Do more of you guys have the same experience?
Is this acknowledged already by the team?

Please take a look.

Cheers Mark

An excellent 60 FPS is subjective. My 27 FPS is excellent to me.
Heavy stutters is something that I also would be very unhappy with.

Having a high end configuration does not appear to have the
solution to either High FPS or resolution of stutters.

There are many complaints from 3080/3090/i12/AMD5&7 systems.

I was getting smooth flights via DX12 on my GTX 1660 TI GPU.

Now, smooth flights on my i9-9900K & Intel A770 16GB GPU.
4K, Ultra, DX12, TAA, real Weather, real Traffic
Cessna WTCJ4, Boeing 747-800, Airbus A320neo, Airbus A310

I have to say, I did a Flight today with the Fenix and every time I went outside view I was getting annoying Pauses. But nothing like yours that is unflyable. I have a fairly good system 3090 and intel 12900kf. However Disclaimer I know nothing about PC not a computer expert.(could write on a postage stamp)ā€¦so I will just have to keep tweaking. I admit there must be issues. Hope you really get that sorted.

Edit. I dont worry about FPS, just how smooth my flight is.

1 Like

After Sim Update 11, a lot of my Options were changed.

Something is wrong, very wrong, with your system.

Be sure to check all option menus.

For stuttering,

1 Like

Did only a short test with SU11 as I needed to configure new hardware. Parked at a TAPA and even the first two things I saw were confusing me:

• 2 aircraft ā€œmeetingā€ each other on the runway (both different directions) - guess live traffic
  • only very few clouds on the sky but lightning and thunder

During my setting up I had 4 times the error that my internet connection is lost. So I even did not tried to start. Hope this will become better the next days.

SU11 exactly same experience as OP, did not take long at all and zero overhead.

Very smooth.

Update: I received a response from the Zendesk team that they looked at the link that I provided regarding the Windows update issue, and have forwarded it to the development team.

2 Likes

Today I have had this happen to me twice while flying the A310.

I never had this issue pre SU11. The sim has been relatively stable for me lately. Tomorrow I will try out a PMDG 737 plane to see if this error happens again.

Thatā€™s way better than my stuttering: