[Polls] 40th Anniversary Edition/Sim Update 11 Discussion

i have seen this too, disabling all my liveries in addon linker seems to help.

So right now im getting the best performance ive ever had in this simā€¦ updated to latest nvidia driver frames locked at 40fps in the fenix a320 and getting a solid 40fps even at big airports!

And to think that I used to complain ā€œnot enough RealTime AIā€. Things have certainly changed. Is there a way to limit the number of realtime AI planes in SU11?

1 Like

No, since the feature in SU11 is an online based source, itā€™s on or off. Offline is the only way to adjust traffic density. To my knowledge.

1 Like

Why is your live traffic using real liveries? Mine, even with almost all AIG models installed, is using only generic Asobo models and liveries.

Yeah. I had also situations during parking to the gates, that the gate desginated for me by ground control is already taken by other plane which appears suddenly before my final turn to the gate. Also one of those fake planes just ignored me and parked just few seconds atter my legitimate parking entering like a ghost inside my plane.

1 Like

Does anyone else have problems with turbulence besides me after the last update? Even when I set wind and gusts to 0, it is almost impossible to fly. The little Cessna throws it around like in a stormā€¦ Is there a trick to set the turbulence level?

UI for turbulence is coming, donā€™t know when but it was confirmed in the 17th Nov Update.

Turbulence, of course, is not all about wind, it is also created by temperature, humidity, terrain, thermals and a whole bunch of other factors as well.

2 Likes

Lots has been said on both sides.
From my point of view, setting weather to clear sky preset, I would hate to be on my fenix a320. Swaying and jumping all over the place - I would be extremely sick if I was on board.
Turbulence has gone much too far
Richard

In my little old XCub, flying through (not over) the mountains I find it remarkably benign - not nearly as bouncy as IRL. Flying at altitude, which for me is 6-7000ā€™, I find it fairly realistic.

2 Likes

I would also like to see more turbulence effects, camera shake etc.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve had just over a week now to experience SU11. I am really enjoying the new aircraft, especially the Beaver and the DC3. Unfortunately Iā€™m finding the overall performance of SU11 to be poor compared to SU10. No CTDs so far, which is great, but more stuttering since the update. Also, the increased frequency of the ā€œConnection Lostā€ warning is something new to SU11. Why is this so common all of a sudden? Prior to SU11, it would occur randomly and infrequently, but I have not had a flight yet where the connection hasnā€™t been lost. I will say that it reconnects fairly quickly, but it shouldnā€™t disconnect as much as it is.

I have 1.2GHz speed internet, which I have reset, but Iā€™m still getting the ā€œConnection Lostā€ warning every flight. I have also done a speed test on my internet and Iā€™m getting steady readings of 1,400 Mbps to 1,450 Mbps.

3 Likes

Might be due to many people returning to the game. Servers might be crowded now. It should return to normal in the coming days

Iā€™m using ā€œAerosoft Simple Trafficā€ which applies local liveries to the generic AI jets. Simple Traffic works well and is modestly priced IMHO.

You might like to try freeware FSLTL as an alternative to AIG.

I ended up with extensive research and it seems to be related to the HPG 145. I removed it and so far it has been loading through without freezing. World update 11 seems good so far. I so happened to purchased this right before update 11.

1 Like

I use it too. Itā€™s very good. Iā€™m looking forward to Just Flightā€™s FS Traffic. Hopefully itā€™ll be out soon.

Need improvement on Career modes!

1 Like

Hello. After updating, Iā€™m experiencing strange light blue moving lines / stripes appearing in the scenery (sky) while in game and also in some screenshots in the main menu. I looked everywhere on the forum, I canā€™t find any post about it. They look like artifacts. Does anyone have a similar issue? Sometimes, when I restart the game, they disappear while in game. They look exactly like the picture of the helicopter in the menu:

Build 1.29.28.0
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660Ti
Driver 526.98

1 Like

Assistance options > User experience > Aerodynamic Visualization > turn off
Green Wind Lines - Community / General Discussion - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

4 Likes

Thanks a lot for your help :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes