[Polls] 40th Anniversary Edition/Sim Update 11 Discussion

i asked the guys on the Hype discord, they think its GAIST (Global AI Ship Traffic) causing it

1 Like

There is a shortcut to remove the blue lines (thermals) while in the cockpit. Try this to turn it off:

2 Likes

That’s basically the raison d’etre for FS Realistic. Highly recommended!

2 Likes

I am currently using it with only HPG 150 livery that has been updated for Sim Update 11 only. Will see how well it goes, thanks for that information.

1 Like

Not seeing this. Turbulence has actually been toned down in SU11. If this is too much for you it might be time to try another sim. I actually prefer what we had in SU10.

Any interaction with default ATC now results in a eventual CTD for me. Doesn’t matter the aircraft. If I free flight in the sim with no default ATC interaction everything is fine. Just had a CTD with the Fenix A320 where using default ATC is minimal at best.

The “Aerodynamic Visualization” and “Show 3D Thermal” buttons are two completely different things. With Aerodynamic Visualization, you see the movement of the air that the aircraft generates. Your “Show 3D Thermal” option is about the warm rising air.

1 Like

Hmm, no, I would have noticed that extreme in SU10. Something is simply not right. Cessna flies like on rails and then out of nowhere, so about every 30 seconds, it tilts 45° and it knocks it 500ft upwards. A landing approach is impossible. In the Q&A it was said that wind and gusts to 0 deactivate the turbulence. This is not true, because I have set it testwise. I therefore simply assume an error. So flying is currently not so nice anyway

Hahaha! Omg this is a big joke, and i just cant watch Jorg comment on what a success it’s all been.

Hope they fix it soon.

Very nice watch btw
 :smiley:

2 Likes

Apparently, SU11 has broken a few things regarding upcoming add-ons, so sadly, I don’t expect a Marketplace Drop this week. Via FlightFX discord:

6 Likes

At least this screenshot reveals that we might expect anouther update on the Beta tomorrow.

Wish they would communicate this to their customers here as well.
Would keep down a lot of frustration if we know there is another update dropping within days

The silence is a big part of the frustration may feel

2 Likes

Indeed, you are correct. He mentioned ‘blue lines’ (not green), I am guessing he’s talking about the thermal lines
 We helped him with both.

2 Likes

Thank you. Showing it off was not the intention, I only hoped somebody at Microsoft will see the evidence.

Another flight today from Blackpool to Hope Valley near Sheffield didn’t load for thirty minutes - that’s when I quit. The download speed was constantly between 60 - 70 Mbps.

This is the flight plan in case anyone would like to try how it executes on their end:

Blackpool to Hope Valley via Manchester, Droylsden, Sheffield, PeakDistrict, UK.PLN (3.1 KB)

2 Likes

Looking at the feedback section for the SU11 beta and it looks like not allot of people are participating (vote count extremely low). If we don’t get involved, we can’t be upset if the items we care about don’t get fixed.

3 Likes

I mean, also don’t be surprised if participation falls when bugs that are identified are not fixed. Lots of folks are likely feeling like it’s a futile effort.

10 Likes

This is by far the best update i’ve seen so far.

I can finally see the ground from high altitudes, and the roads and fields look great and sharp.
Clouds are better too.

It is very smooth when not flying airliners. Flying FBW or the a310 just released i get stutters.
If the stutters can be fixed, without compromising the quality that would be great!

Would love for night lighting draw distance to be much further out. at least 3x further.
Windsocks are ALL OVER THE place.

But for the first time in a VERY long time. Thank you Asobo.

2 Likes

Hello @ZILLNIAZI17,

As @ic4c posted above, it sounds like there is a problem with either your PC hardware or your individual installation of Microsoft Flight Simulator. It’s definitely not normal for loading times to take that long. I just loaded a similar flight (Guimbal Cabri G2 taking off from Paris Charles de Gaulle), and it took less than a minute to load the flight from the World Map after pressing the Fly button.

1 Like

Hi again,

I downloaded and tried your flight plan. It took about 45s from pressing the “Fly” button for the flight to finish loading. There definitely seems to be a problem either with your PC or your local install of MSFS. Have you tried launching in Safe Mode to rule out that any addons could be causing these extremely long loading times you are experiencing?

1 Like

I just wish we could go back to SU10

3 Likes

Thank you for responding. Most flights load within two minutes for me but others take forever.

For example, yesterday a 38-minute flight plan in the UK didn’t load for me for thirty minutes before I quit it. I had saved the flight plan. At night, the same flight plan loaded within three minutes.

I had checked the Internet speed twice while it was taking too long to load and the speeds were between 60-70 Mbps on a 70 Mbps connection. I didn’t check the speed when the flight loaded within three minutes but it should be the same. I cannot deduce the reason to these long loading times that have been occuring for the last three weeks.