[Polls] 40th Anniversary Edition/Sim Update 11 Discussion

Further to those asking about the WT GNS update that occurred within the last 24 hours or so, I was on the WT discord.

It appears that there was a hiccup and that this package was being pushed out to some people who had not opted to acquire it through the in sim marketplace. (See here for more information.)

According to WT, if you do not wish to use this add on then it is perfectly safe to remove

using Content Manager.

On the next run of MSFS it should not re-install the package.
It will be available through content manager for re-installation if desired:

2 Likes

Likewise. Plus, my flight hours are logged immensely incorrectly. I was reviewing and it turned out I’m missing 100-150 hours.

1 Like

I just now noticed the little “release notes” icon in the bottom left corner of the updates page. So things running well but I noticed a few of my favorite TBM930 mods will need to updated by the author (which I was able to do myself). The joys of virtual flight. :crazy_face:

Which ones?

Another flight of one hour and sixteen minutes was logged in the MSFS logbook showing 5 minutes.

Is anyone at MSFS reading this?

1 Like

The flight hours are correct for me.
Latest version on Xbox SX.

Hello again,

if I could ask you, what is your procedure from start of flight till end? I mean and ask, do you close flight or cancel or load flight from file or simply what are your steps you do?

Ok, my steps generally. I start flight with cold and dark parking stand and do flight. After landing go to main menu (end flight) or continue next flight/s with same procedure without to go to main menu between each flight. Just one tip, there is some option somewhere in Assistance menu??? where you can set to end flight without to stop engines. I have this option set as I can end flight without stop engines, simply after this option is set and you stop engines some table shows about some data from your flight, this is that end flight condition. This sim simply count with some internal conditions looks like and any can have different results. To me, sim counts flight hours +/- ok but no t/o and landings correctly. Better say, to me is not important to know hours logged inside sim.

I start on the runway, fly, land, switch off the plane and the log appears.

This has been recording fine in the past, but since the 40th Anniversary, I started noticing incorrect log entries.

I have made several one hour + flights that show only 5 minutes in the log.

Initially I thought it was the active pause that concluded the flight in the log, so I stopped doing that. In today’s flight there were no pauses of any type. A straight one-hour sixteen minute flight, proper landing and shut down but when the log appeared, it showed only 5 minutes. I have posted several pictures of it in this loop as evidence.

Ok,

so I expect you have that option set to OFF. Try pls do tests with that my mentioned option to set it that you can end flight any time you go to Main menu, simply you don’t need turn engines off, also LOG will not shows. I’m curious what results you’ll have. Do also starts from parking cold and dark and start with CTRL+E (auto start), it is better than start from rwy.

Another important tip what is now inside my head :wink:
Check again all bindings (keyboard, mouse,…) but set option to see only assigned. really your situation (I fly 1h16min but 5min log) looks to me like some time problem, pls remember your load times of flight. It somehow simply looks same with some your previous other problems. OS?

Already opened a ticket at Zendesk?
If not, do it NOW.

1 Like

Hello,

:slight_smile: I discovered probably one of your many problems and it is on your logbook screen. Check format of date and compare to my screenshot. I’ve set my OS to full US system with no any other system because in sim problems with compatibility can occur, especially with ‘,’ and ‘.’ as delimiter difference in case of some Countries with special characters page. I remember many users problems with Read/Write to memory errors, Application error and similar and you’re probably one of them also, right? Did you have some problems with Memory read/write errors in history? I recommend check your OS system carefully, as I recommended already.

My logbook snippet:

Maybe I’m wrong but why you have different format of date than me? Really, your strange situation in complexity is very strange to me and from history is clear that wrong delimitter . or , in case of float numbers or date and time formats is common problem in AP not correct functionality.

3 Likes

For all practical matters: „no“. This is mostly a user-to-user forum.

Sure, there are official community managers that filter and report back to Asobo the most common issues from this forum. And these „feedback“ topics are certainly meant to make their lives easier to collect / identify the „hot topics“ - in general.

But if you want to have any real chance that your particular issue gets heard: create a Zendesk ticket and/or create a tooic in the bug section (where other users can „vote“ for it - check existing issues first before creating a new one).

3 Likes

Thank you. The Zendesk is useless. They should learn a thing or two (thousand) from Tobii Zendesk.

1 Like

Thanks for adding in Kai Tak (VHHX)

I really like the guidance system and the checkerboard.
The banner with FS98 is a nice touch too.

Thank you team!!

Cheers Mark

1 Like

So I turned the computer on to fly… and lo and behold… !

Can someone explain this, please, at MSFS?

I installed the 40th Anniversary edition the day it was launched. I have been using the sim every single day since then.

And today this!

And I have a metered download of 250 GB per month. 118 GB of downloads? What is it downloading and why?

I’m already on version 1.29.30.0

Can anyone explain this, since su11 all airport night flying arrivals(no matter where) seems to been suffering from the energy crisis. There are no main runway lights!!! This sim just gets better. The airports must have low reserves and can’t afford to light the runways.!!!I’ll give it a miss now for a few months. Fix one thing and 30 others pack up. And Talk about aircraft doing what the hell it wants!!! Anybody throw any light on this (excuse the pun) it’s xbox by the way. Good old xbox

2 Likes

After 12 hours of download I get this:

It restores after a moment and I am down 40 GB on downloads back to this!

To honest when taking a look at your last posts I’m not so astonished that there is or was something totally messed up with your system or installation. Maybe a new installation will keep you calm. Take care and happy flying

The installer display the target directory before you click “Install”. Did you check this is the good directory? This happened to a lot of people than the Installer forget the target directory and propose another one, so it have to re-download all the sim from scratch.
Verify, if I’m right you have now 2 directories of MSFS.

1 Like

I have noticed the same thing. Plus have major issues with stock A320. It’s like you say the solve one issue and generate another handful. My A320 is totally unflyable it has a mind of its own when AP is on. But on a plus I did fly a complete flight with the A310 with no issues at all last night EDPL/LOWI. But even this aircraft has issues if you don’t do the “dark cockpit” startup. Not sure why you cannot enter info in init B page if you do “ready to fly” startup. Also can’t align IRS properly if you choose “ready to fly” startup.