[Polls] 40th Anniversary Edition/Sim Update 11 Discussion

Also an update in the Content Manager about 1 GB

I am not at the computer right now. Another new update or is it the one from yesterday?

Edit: Itā€™s the update from yesterday.

I would love to see Asobo to change the light effects a bit.

Itā€™s 09:00 here in Germany, watching out of the window itā€™s daylight. But in FS itā€™s completely dark at my location.

Also during the morning hours, when the sun goes up, itā€™s grey-ish outsideā€¦ but in FS itā€™s always like a brown mud colour. I hope this will be updated in future

2 Likes

This was 28-minute flight going around Birmingham, UK, but the flight log only recorded about 5 minutes in the log!

1 Like

Are you sure you didnā€™t go thru a warm hole?..

2 Likes

No, sir.

I flew for a full 28 minutes at 140 kts.

The log book went through a worm hole. I have lost at least 50-70 hours due to this log book error.

4 Likes

same thing happened to me last night. Did a 3 hours from VHHH to WMKK, log book shows 5 minutes. first time happeningā€¦ all settings, aircraft, liveries are the same. previous day flights logged as normal.

This has been happening to me since the latest 40th Anniversary update.

I have got tens of hours not recorded. At least 60-70 hours

1 Like

I was just looking through my log book last night, and I have a few mis-logged flights as well. Outside of CTD, which I havenā€™t experienced in some time, I canā€™t remember when Iā€™ve flown an ā€œincompleteā€ flight.

Iā€™ve got a few entries in my log that tell me my flight ended in the [Vicinity] of a location. Sometimes, a place en-route to my actual destination. Itā€™s like at some point in flight that the log just stops tracking the flight altogether.

All these incorrect log entries are from the last couple of weeks since SU11 landed.

1 Like

I just had another small sim update install tonight anyone else seeing this. No release notes. Just saw a ref to ā€œWTTā€ or something like that. Version number is still 1.29.30.0.

Iā€™ve had a few of these. Just a guess but, depending on the field, I think landing parameters may be offset from the graphical runway. Thus, the sim may not detect the landing because it thinks I landed next to the runway. This seems to happen a lot at grass fields. (Some fields donā€™t even appear to contain a runway!)

I donā€™t think thatā€™s the case. Iā€™m using solid, paved airports that I normally fly out of regularly without issue. Only now thereā€™s a sporadic issue with logging that started with SU11.

Most recent example of this was last night. I flew KOPF to KORL, which is roughly a 1 hour flight. Log book shows 2 mins of flight time with start at KOPF, and ending in the vicinity of KFLL, which is a couple of miles north of KOPF. This is obviously terribly wrong.

Another recent occurrence is a flight from CYOO to CYGK. Log shows the flight ending in the vicinity of CYTR, which is like 100km away from my destination.

Iā€™ve got others in my log book and they all started since SU11. Well, in my case, since the beta of SU11 about a month ago. I donā€™t typically look at my log book often. Just happened to look into it last night and noticed this and looked deeper.

Every day something new. A standard ifr flight from Birmingham to Stansted, get to Stansted, no runway lights againā€¦ Its a constant thing every day with this game.
Got to the point ill put the game down and try something else.

4 Likes

Exactly!

In my case, it stopped logging hour long flights after about five minutes.

Some small Working Title update apparently,

Would be nice to know. Officially I mean. Why did version stay the same. It was like they do with airac updates but it wasnā€™t that. I mean we only just had the largely a310 update. You would think they woukd have rolled it all into one.

I agree, no official info anywhere, not here, nor on twitter, etc

2 Likes

I, also, got a small update to the ā€œworkingtitle-instruments-gnsā€ folder in Official/OneStore when I launched MSFS today.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been moving so I just launched MSFS and it of course went into upgrading without any prompting.

After the updates I began seeing some glitches such as black avionics displays. I removed Working Title G3000 but I still saw slow-to-load displays. I also noticed that some mods (my favorite TBM930ā€™s by Liquid Pinky) were getting pink avionic displays.

After removing all mods and mod liveries, the game began to freeze on startup (music still playing in background).

Win 11 app repair did not correct anything so I performed clean fresh install and that is when I then noticed the MSFS folder structure was different than before so I assume that might be a reason why the mods werenā€™t working properly.

Then I find this page that basically told us we should remove all of our mods before launching the new build.

W. T. F.

Like others have posted, some notice would be nice. Thereā€™s this old thing called email that still might be helpful to us end-users Asobo; an option to update now or later.

At the very least, it would be nice to have some notice that weā€™re about to be thrown under another passing Asobo bus.

2 Likes

RELEASE NOTES 1.29.28.0

If you are playing on PC, outdated packages in your community folder may have an unexpected impact on the titleā€™s performance and behavior.

If you suffer from stability issues or long loading times, move your community package(s) to another folder before relaunching the title.

Release Notes for 40th Anniversary Edition/Sim Update 11 (1.29.28.0) Now Available - Community / News and Announcements - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums