[Polls] 40th Anniversary Edition/Sim Update 11 Discussion

Can we even call this an “update”. I think all we got was a garbage a310 and a bunch of FSX/FS9 content. Where is the new KSLC? Where is the new KIAH? Where is the new KTPA? Where is the new KDEN? Why are the clouds still pixilated?

5 Likes

Airport wise you’re better off waiting for other developers to tackle those projects. They seem and rightfully so, to focus on much smaller and more manageable scenic or iconic targets. I wouldn’t want them dedicating their resources to a large project like a major airport, let the already established creators do that. Cloud issue, agreed. Anything weather related I agree with without complaint. Hopefully January brings something.

Well said that person

This was a 1 hour and 46 minutes flight… The log only recorded 26 minutes of it. And I hit the first active pause right after take off, probably less than a minute, so it didn’t stop then. I guess active pause plus drone mode was taking place at this exact time into the flight above Balmoral Castle. This is the newest deduction obliterating the previous one, still, this needs to be fixed as the flight hours are not being logged properly.

The flight was made from Dundee to Banff Air Base in Northern Scotland in a Kodiak 100 with a flight plan that went to Balmoral, Aberdeen, and then followed the shoreline until the final airport. There is no way the entire flight could be concluded in 26 minutes in a Kodiak 100 cruising at 140 kts.

The aircraft is enunciating messages to ATC, the ATC talk back is not coming through, but the aircraft is repeating back as if they heard the talk back. Initially it was all quiet. Now there is one-way communication after the take-off. But midway flight following requests and finals are totally quiet on either end.

I have never had this issue ever before. This one came up right after this update.

The loading times got back to normal without a caveat four days ago. I didn’t make a single change to the software or the computer in any way. Even Windows updates are on a pause until December 21. The sim now loads in about 5-6 minutes and the flight plans in 2-4 minutes.

This update has caused:

1. Increased loading times. Even a second flight in the same area takes forever to load, given that the photogrammetry would already be cached, still.

2. ATC issues. I have never had ATC issues. The ATC is totally quiet now. The aircraft does relay messages but no response from the ATC.

3. Real Weather issues. I have never had any issues with Real Weather in the past but it’s an issue now. Except for the wind speed, nothing else changes. It’s always clear skies. Sometimes, all of a sudden clouds appear, which would be the actual weather, but 99% of the time it’s clear skies.

1 Like

You should always restart the sim for each flight. I experience this is even a must if you change aircraft. Weired things can happen else.

Really?

This was never the case before.

Who else has been doing it this way?

This is serious and Microsoft should do something about it.

I too do notice a much longer loading time for a flight and same when after a flight going back to the main page. It does not matter what flight (first, second…). But then, I like to switch airports.

About the silent ATC: Did you check the volume knob? I had a plane, where a bug had switched the volume to zero ( 0 ) and I had to turn the knob to full to hear the ATC.

Have you also had such an abnormal data consumption since SU11?

I’ve been flying for a few hours the last 3 days and had a data usage of almost 200GB. Photogrammetry is off, live weather and traffic too. Only ground textures and multiplayer on.

Only ran into this as my monthly 250Gb was suddenly gone after 13 Days. I thinke, ok, gave a few downloads, bought 10Gb for 15 euros. But after a 30-minute flight, FS ate up these 10Gb again.

In the past I didn’t use 4GB in 5 hours with the same settings in the same area.

@Hester40MT @CasualClick for the Mods: I would also like to open a topic or a bug, but after 1000 replies and likes I’m still not allowed to create my own here. :frowning:

Nobody should have to do that. That’s just bad advice.

I experience strange behaviour when keeping changing aircraft, even CTDs. If I restart for each flight, there are no problems.

You should be able to create a new topic. Assure you are in a subcategory and not the root category.

1 Like

ok, found it

1 Like

From that screenshot, I can’t see what category you are in.

For example, you should be able to create a topic here in "Installation, Performance and Graphics: #self-service:install-performance-graphics

1 Like

The communication also comes in subtitles. That’s quiet too. And I checked the settings - ATC is ON.

New MSFS patrch today

1 Like

Did that just come out? I had the sim loaded not too long ago and nothing was prompted.

Yes it did here.There is an update at Microsoft Sore and then another one in the sim.

Yeah this was a 32kb update, from what I already had on the SU11 Beta.