[Polls] Aircraft & Avionics Update 1 Discussion

I’m still in the beta and got promoted to download a 300-something mb update even though it said the update is 1.74gb. Anyway, do I need to exit the beta now and install the latest public build or will it automatically do that? Perhaps it has already done so… It’s a bit confusing that’s all. Help would be appreciated :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I needed that laugh. Cheers!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:ROFLMAO​:rofl::rofl::rofl:

How long do i have to wait? I now have the “new activities” screen for round about 15 minutes, its windowed and tskmgr says no feedback. Will it take really that long?

LOL
30 Seconds after posting it was ready loading.

1 Like

I did a flight in the TBM-930 using VR, and I miss having the TBM improvement mod. The doors don’t work in VR for me. I pull the handle, but nothing happens to actually open the door. Also the default TBM has the center placement in VR mode too far forward and left. To compensate I have to lean forward and left and hit the VR centering key binding and then move back to the correct position.

I like the avionics suite a lot, but I miss having the wind speed and direction in the MFD. At least it’s still there in the PFD.

Those not in the Beta, would receive the larger download. Since you were in the Beta, you already have the update outside of the AIRAC data.

1 Like

Update process was smooth for me. I removed all WT mods, the PMS 530 mod, the Longitude mod, and the TBM mod. Had a hiccup with the TBM, (avionics wouldn’t turn on) removed the “New Light” mod after remembering the release notes said something about removing light mods…and everything works. (I like the light mod, so hopefully it’ll be updated)

I’ve only quickly played around with a few aircraft. I can’t get the spoilers to move on the Longitude. I’m pretty sure they used to visibly raise up in external view. (They still work, just no animation) I don’t know why I noticed that since I was only there to look at the avionics, but I did.

The update went somewhat smooth, though required multiple restarts due to downloading hanging. I did vote yes on the CTD in flight (pc version), but my vote isn’t quite as straightforward. It wasn’t a true CTD, but the sim hard locked my pc. I was on the ground and paused to step away for a bit. When I came back, the screen was black and my pc was completely unresponsive to the point of having to force a shutdown by long pressing the power button. It only happened once in the time I played, so too soon to know if it is a new bug or just a one time glitch. So feel free to count that vote how you wish.

Xbox Series X

Did 2 flights today:

Asobo A320 BravoAirspace livery LFPO-LFKJ
LVFR A321 LEBL-EBBR

Live weather, multiplayer off, all 3rd party airports. It were both brilliant experiences. No black screens, or CTD’s. Framerates also extraordinary, so nu stutters on the ground. I’m very happy.

A big thank you to Asobo❤️

7 Likes

The problem is even worse today! The Bing World Graphics won’t even load the terrain in the second Low Altitude Challange properly, in such severity, that I cannot fly near the ground in Sector 1 (otherwise it claims that I crashed) and the ridge of Sector 7 is way above groundlevel, costing me 16000 points in this sector alone!

To make the facts simple:

1. SU8 and 9 have been perfect for Low Altitude Challenges even with PG streaming
  2. SU10 broke them
  3. SU11 brought the trees and ridges back but due to the LOD problem BIND Data loading couldn’t keep up with F18 speed
  4. AAU1 broke the challenges again

Right now the game is claiming that my date bandwith would be too low for BING DATA, forcing me to offline graphics. But my internet connection is fine AND the servers could provide Bing Daza properly yesterday just before the AAU1 update, so it must be the update not the servers, that broke this functionality.

Will start a bug report after investigating the other canyons. It’s a shame, I was so close in the last three days making it up to the Top 5 in the world rankings.

2 Likes

Hi everyone,

As a friendly reminder, this thread is for general feedback about AAU1. If there is a specific bug in AAU1 you wish to report, please create a new topic (or upvote an existing one) in the Bug Reports & Wishlist section so we can log it appropriately.

Thanks,
MSFS Team

1 Like

Of course. For this, the rolling cache is there.

Xbox Series X.

Hi, one question. Since a while, my rolling cache is set to OFF. Do you think, that enabling the Cache(to 32GB), will make a different?
And how often, you delete your Cache?(to have no blurry textures, after a while)?

Thanks and greetings from Germany…

Wow, no problems with Brussels, chapeau!

1 Like

Personal Comments and Observations

I’m happily back flying the TBM. Even though I struggled at times - it was the first stock A/C I flew an RTW in successfully in the sim almost two years ago now. AAU 1 and the new G3000 made an old favorite new again. If Uwa can restore his popular light mods, I’ll be very satisfied.

5 Likes

Oh, excellent! I’m all set then. No need to exit the beta and download huge updates. Such a relief :smiley::sweat_smile:

Update went very smoothly. Looking forward to the updates. Snow on the runway (or less of it) looks much better.

7 Likes

Pretty good so far. Did notice the longitude does have the tail number on the default liveries. But a minor thing all in all. Great job Asobo and W/T.

No issues here after AAU 1 update. Performance is great. No Frame Generation & V-Sync bug with my RTX 4080 and G-Sync monitor. :slight_smile:

So, we don’t need the WT G3000 anymore on either the TBM or the Longitude?

Are you using the WT or the stock G3000?