[Polls] Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 Marketplace Feedback

To mix metaphors, they appear to be kicking the can into the long grass.

1 Like

But why - someone must know why? Everyone loses money - it seems to be a poor marketing perspective from whomsoever or whatsoever is the blocking agent. It would be helpful if we got an explanation and better yet a list of aircraft waiting in the wings to be released and how long they have been sitting in a queue on the shelf.

I’m just really curious what exactly these issues are. I’ve read this now from several 3rd party devs but it’s always pretty vague. As mentioned in one of the dev streams this is apparently the 3rd party devs’ fault.

Does this mean one party is lying? Did Microsoft leave out the inconvenient info in their explanation? Are 3rd party devs not following the SDK guidelines properly? Is the documentation lacking?

Are those WASM aircraft? If I remember correctly Jörg said that the “no delays on Microsoft’s side” does not apply to WASM aircraft.

I have zero idea what the issues are. None of the devs, nor MS have been forthright with us. The devs may, or may not, be under NDA.

As I have now stated several times, this blows. We part with money, in good faith, and then we sit here being tossed back and forth between MS and the devs.

All I see is finger pointing and no clear picture of what, precisely, are the various issues each other have.

5 years of this same nonsense is exhausting.

8 Likes

That does make a lot of sense, and explains why all of the higher quality stuff is “stuck” and only the shovelware (Mscenery, Captain Sim and others) is added quickly and efficiently.
Let’s consider: which MSFS aircraft don’t depend completely on WASM to work?
The ones that simply use the 2020 default A320 and 747 avionics. Now, which “developers” recycle these same systems and avionics for every airliner they release? Hmmm…

3 Likes

I´m no technician. But in the case of the Blacksquare Aircraft (Dukes and Starship), the 2024-versions are avaiable in the Justflight Shop and other external shops for weeks and work properly. So I can´t be a problem with the aircarft or WASM alone in my opinion.

I can´t imagine the problem, if planes are sold by 3rd-Party-developers in their own shops for fs2024 and in the fs2020-marketplace as well for weeks and work well within the sim (2020 and 2024), what can be so difficult to bring them to fs2024-marketplace?

After one year from release i bought Boeing 314 clipper from 2020 marketplace and actually it still doesn t appear in the aircraft list selection for free flight for 2024…can anyone please give me attention? Thanks

This is just a generaldiscussionas Asobos lack of effort in quality control on the Marketplace has gotten absolutely out of hand. A couple devs, who out of respect I will not name, have gone to the point of having false reviews to give them a good rating. The product descriptions are heavily misleading to the point its out right false advertising. Why is this allowed. I want to know. Id use the marketplace more if I could trust it. But this combined with a few other things I do not like or trust the marketplace. For me as a pc user thats fine because 95% of everything I want can be had from other storefronts. On pc we have options on xbox there is no other options and yeah you “can” filter out the bad stuff. But the question remains we all know its false advertising even those working for Asobo and such have to know its false advertising…. Why is it allowed.

Do you have an example of this that uses objective terminology and clearly defined features? Because if the complaint is about words like “professional” or terms like “highly detailed” I’m afraid none of these have a legally-binding definition, and could not be considered false advertising.

If a plane said it came with two engines and it came with one AND it was proven that the false statement was made with the intent of defrauding customers, then you’ve got something - I’ve never seen that on the Marketplace.

At the very least, with SU4 you will be able to persistently and, if so choose, permanently hide creators from the Marketplace, never to be seen again. I’ve done so with about 4 or 5 aircraft developers and my Marketplace browsing experience has increased exponentially.

3 Likes

A couple momths back mscenery marketed their 767 as coming with multiple l8veries and a highly detailed cabin… at that time it had 1 livery and it came with no cabin. Has that changed? I dont know. But at that time it lacked 2 things that they claimed it had in the description

Now I didnt by it but got proof of this from a friend who was new and didnt know any better. He came to me about it.

Certainly that is false advertising. However, I think you’ll be aware that trying to take a faceless company to court to prove it will be expensive and this is what Mscenery relies on, customer apathy. Which child will sue them, which casual gamer will sue them for their lost 10.00. Nobody will bother, MS/Asobo make money off them, they won’t bother.

At least after SU4, you can rule them out. The unsuspecting players will soon learn as well.

1 Like

For example, Echo19 in the F18 sound pack promises two liveries with photos. Once I purchased it, I discovered they aren’t available for Xbox 24. I asked for an explanation, and they said they’d fix it. After more than a month, the ad still promises two liveries that aren’t there. I don’t think that’s correct.

It’s Microsoft’s Marketplace, not Asobo’s. Microsoft is managing the Marketplace, not Asobo. You’re barking up the wrong tree.

1 Like

Maybe not, but it’s not a good advert that Microsoft are knowingly allowing their customers to be missold. That’s the stuff class action lawsuits are made of. Bring it to Microsoft’s attention, via ticket or community manager, and see what happens.

The simplest outcome would be MS lean on the developer to update their product description, rather than withdraw the product from sale.

They, MS, read these threads and have done since I raised that thread about MScenery where I queried who they were and why they were allowed to post their wares in the MP. They could have done something a long time ago but don’t. And they, Mscenery and a few others, just get bolder and bolder with the inaction. This is purely because customers have little recourse for action.

What will anyone here be able to do? And yes I know folks will say raise it with the company, but as you see some have and get nowhere. How do you raise an issue with Mscenery- there is one email address somewhere in this forum and that’s the sum total of their company presence!

1 Like

Not barking up the wrong tree at all. They asked for feedback on the marketplace is gave it. They’re connected to Microsoft are they not? Thus it’s an avenue to the end goal of getting the marketplace fixed.

If you are referring to this thread by “they” then, again, it’s Microsoft, not Asobo.

Throwing around wrong statements like …

… is as misdirecting as the product descriptions you are complaining about. Let’s just get the basic facts straight if you are complaining about “quality control” and “false advertising”.

2 Likes

There is a wishlist item for that. But, sadly, it doesn’t have a lot of votes: Require Marketplace Sellers to have a Website with Support links Let’s vote it up.

Personally, I don’t buy from a dev/company that I cannot find any contact information or web site with a web search within five minutes. And, no, a facebook page or tiktok channel is not good enough for me.

3 Likes

I voted in that a while back :+1:

2 Likes