[Polls] Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 Sim Update 5 Feedback (PC/Xbox/PS5)

The following are the problems that I have encountered during my 24-hour playtime in Mfs 24 ps5 after the update:

  1. There is a long loading time for the free flight map
  2. The aircraft’s avionics sometimes fail to function after being launched on the ground
  3. In real-time traffic, the information panel (airline, destination, and aircraft model) is missing above the aircraft
  4. After launching 2-3 flights, the console’s RAM is sometimes full, preventing the aircraft from being launched

Well, he said: “I think we’re seeing more negatives than positives here …..”

And that’s so true.

Anyone else not getting ‘configure’ to work any more when you select an aircraft since Su5 ? I can change aircraft but not ‘configure’ it, it isn’t available for any of them. The configure button does not react. I’ve tried a sim reboot. It worked earlier this morning but now just refuses to do anything.

EDIT: strangely the ‘F’ keyboard shortcut works it’s just he click menu option fro configure that didn’t.

I agree that

Whilst volume itself isn’t a reliable metric on either positive or negative feedback…

Repeated patterns of the same issues are.

1 Like

I’m not sure if you noticed my MSFS and NVIDIA Control Panel settings. I don’t limit FPS in MSFS and vsync is turned off there as well. I’ve set a 60 FPS cap in the NVIDIA Control Panel, along with vsync enabled and Prefer Maximum Performance.

It depends on when the bug was reported. If it was reported back in SU4 and it’s still marked as bug-logged that usually means they’re still working on a fix. But if it was reported during SU5 beta, it can still show as “bug logged” even if it’s already been fixed.

For example, at one point in an SU5 beta changelog they mentioned fixing CTDs with FSR3 on NVIDIA GPUs. I decided to test it myself and managed to force a CTD in a non-standard way, then reported it. After some time, the topic got marked as bug-logged. Later, when the SU5 live version came out, I checked again and it was actually fixed, but the thread was still marked as “bug logged”.

1 Like

This has been rumbling on for quite a while - tracking the beta test observations showed up these issues well before final release - the most surprising thing is that little or nothing ( not enough at any rate) was done to rectify the obvious problems before release.
Lessons it seems, have not been learned.
It’s not very helpful to trivialise the reports of those who are genuinely experiencing major issues with this upgrade. We should rather listen and learn and try to help. That’s what a community is.

9 Likes

go and ask Microsoft..

1 Like

Thanks, I will try your way of capping FPS - indeed I have been doing it through the in-game panel.

I think the bug was reported last November so I guess this makes it a SU4 problem.

1 Like

Everywhere loooks like this, places are random it is global issue.

yes i found that out too. Let’s hope this will be fixed in the next update

1 Like

Maybe you are using some tree addons that are not compatible ?

2 Likes

Since the update i can no longer see any online players in game, despite my settings being no different to pre update. Connected to any of the servers.

2 Likes

I mainly play on PSVR2. The final version is less stable than the beta; career mode is simply unplayable. Game crashes, headset crashes, all sorts of bugs. I had stopped playing career mode on the Series X because one out of every three flights ended badly, and now it’s even worse. Free flight mode was relatively stable in the beta, but now I’ve had several crashes. Bugs and crashes of all kinds are a common occurrence with MFS on console. We’ll be patient and try to enjoy it

1 Like

Like i said earlier, the settings-menu is a total mess. If you carefully tweaked your settings in SU4 to make it work, now with su5 everything is messed up or changed.

@BragRaindrop933 @mercvrivs1760
If you have FlowPro installed, update it to version 1.7.27.
Also, if you have installed the “Hide This Message” mod, uninstall it.

1 Like

I don’t but I do have ‘hide this message mod’. I hate that message though!

Update it to version 1.0.3
Changelog:
SU5 Compatibility
Removed “enter aircraft” (the message no longer exists in SU5)
Fixed a UI bug that prevented clicking on the aircraft configuration button

2 Likes

Thank you. You are definitely eagle eyed for details!

1 Like

I never had any issues before. I am quite new to MSFS (December 2025) and the game always ran smooth and online players in abundance, however this is the first time since the update something doesnt feel right. I am UK based but connect to the eastern servers due to higher amount of activity and the preference on flying over in the US. However since Thursday following the auto update on start up there was nothing . Complete empty skies. I did all the updates within my libary (1,5hrs) last night hoping to see if this resolved but nothing. I see Green Planes on the world map, but when in flight they are not there.

1 Like

I don’t know if it’s just me, but I was really looking forward to the new Flight Simulator update, and it turns out the sim is running horribly for me now. Even though it feels smoother and has better performance, I’ve noticed that the ATC is still failing, parked aircraft keep swapping models non-stop, and I’m having trouble loading routes from the EFB.

The data isn’t importing correctly to the aircraft, and the default Airbus ignores altitude constraints in managed mode, even when everything is set up right. I don’t know, I’m running into so many issues that I can’t even have a decent flight. I’m using NVIDIA GeForce NOW Ultimate with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate; I had to wait for the update to finish, and now everything feels worse than before. If you’re experiencing the same thing, let me know.

1 Like