[Polls] Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 Sim Update 5 Feedback (PC/Xbox/PS5)

Hello, I’m just adding this here

A320neo (v2) - A321neo Family bug list (SU5)

Dont hesitate to report any bug or your feedback it helps us for MS

Currently not possible.
Perhaps some day they will allow it. But not today.

4 Likes

I disabled all add-ons and now it’s running very well.

2 Likes

I was quite looking forward to SU5 as I was expecting it to fix a lot of the existing bugs and performance issues. But as it’s been mentioned on here already, it’s done the complete opposite. I mainly play in career mode and that’s worse than ever. I regularly get the memory usage error on Xbox and after I complete a mission it crashes every time. But at least I could do flights, despite take off and landing being jumpy. ATC traffic in career mode regularly means comms actions are missed. This morning though I can’t even start a flight. Select a mission, and it goes into the briefing page and freezes.

Please let us go back to before su5, it wasn’t perfect but it was definitely better than this.

1 Like

A LOT of the posts I have read over the past 24 hours suggest game server issues and/or DLC not yet compatible with SU5 are potential root causes for a great deal of misery. The former is on MS to sort out/optimize. The DLC is up to us end users to sort out until their developers make updates for SU5, if that is necessary. The DLC that adheres most closely to the SDK & GDKs (XBOX and PS5) may not need updates at all, or only minor ones. Thoughts folks?

P.S. The careerists may have additional observations, as I am not pursuing a career in 24.

2 Likes

Could be that the World Update for Brazil needs updating for SU5?

2 Likes

To me these and other posts like these which describe mixed results makes me suspect that game server issues are at play since SU5 dropped. Mixed performance reports from the same users as well as across users suggest server side issues, as well as with incompatible DLC.

1 Like

I really agree with this. Server issues for sure as I have found a very different experience this last weekend depending on my time I chose to use the sim. I live in Spain and, if I fly in the morning, the US is asleep and I generally have very smooth flights even in VR. The one really bad flight I experienced (bad stuttering) happened in the late afternoon on Saturday when both Europe and the US would have been online. Now I also attribute the fact that this was the first weekend after the new SU dropped so tons of users would have been flying and downloading content.

It also makes perfect sense that external add on developers were waiting for the SU to finalize before they made any new updates so I’m not at all surprised that things could be a bit rough for awhile. I know the camera system was rewritten for SU5. Chase Plane seems to have adapted but others might be lagging.

6 Likes

Funny, so they advertise to you in the marketplace to buy stuff but its not mentioned that to better not use it for stable gameplay :laughing:

7 Likes

SU5 has been a very positive experience for me. The smoothness of the sim is fantastic. Base FPS did not improve dramatically, i.e. a simple aircraft flying over open countryside gives me roughly the same frame-time as all other MSFS 2024 builds (but with increased smoothness) however, flying a complex aircraft over busy cities or airports and I experience a measurable increase in average FPS plus the smoothness. The improved thread parallelism that was described in the last Q&A really helps in those latter scenarios.

A very occasional stutter when asset loading occurs and still an annoying number of (minor) bugs in certain aircraft plus UI, ATC, AI traffic, etc. but here’s hoping they get some attention in future SUs.

Note I limit my comments to Free Flight as I’ve not tried career mode.

Well done Asobo.

9800x3D/RTX5090/64GB/1GbpsLAN/Ultra/TLOD300/OLOD200/NoPG/vsync30hz+FSR=60fps

5 Likes

Looks like this thread is becoming COMMUNITY NO6 BETA.

3 Likes

Im not quite sure how to say this, but isn’t this constant updating ( although it really is necessary for some bugs ) making the workload on PC and Xbox ( where im playing from ) heavier?

we on xbox are already limited to Medium settings for everything, and I understand that, we are not a power rig like some pc’s are , but isn’t this a bit like a downwards spiral? Every time we get updates the workload gets heavier because of new or improved things and after a while, the console players have to lower their medium settings to low to get a stable gameplay?

Im really not a technical person but I do know that SU4 was better then this, so I wonder what happened that made the memory issue for example , drop such a way that it results in crashing the entire game.

Don’t get me wrong, I love this game and would rather say positive things then complain, and I really hope people from MS really read these kind of forum posts/comments and notice that when more people complain about something that they try to solve it.

2 Likes

Well, the sim changes, your hardware does not.

1 Like

I flew a Series X for 1,000 flight hours before I bought my PC last year. I participated in a few betas on Series X and on PC for 2024. There is always a few week period following a major SU when things will need hot fixing and tweaking before the new SU settles down. We have been here before and will be here again when the next major SU comes around. The PS5 seemed to be the focus of SU5, as well as the core sim for multithreading. These are major changes so things will very likely be messy for a few weeks, maybe months, IMO. Hang in there and try to enjoy what is working today, tomorrow, while the developers and teams, first and third party, follow-up. That’s been my experience, hope it helps folks understand where we are today.

5 Likes

The “Peter Principle”! Dont worry, we haven’t reached this yet :wink: :grinning_face:

I hope so Nikita, I love this game to much to not play it but same time, I really hope they will work on that new generation xbox that will get better hardware. Its just so easy and fun to fly from xbox, despite not being able to use something as SayIntentions.

Im waiting patiently and hopefully I can stream my flights again soon :folded_hands:

5 Likes

Unrelated to SU5, and either on Series X or PC, I’ve always found better game performance during the work week as compared to weekends. While I get that not everyone can play/fly during the week, if one can, that’s when the game servers are a little less busy than weekends in my experience. Keep flying and having whatever fun you can and remember, pilots are problem solvers IRL and here in the sim!

3 Likes

Yes, I understand that but I mean with things getting more updated and possible heavier for the workload on the existing hardware, if we would want to keep the same stability , we would have to sacrifice something to get the workload down and on console, the only thing to really get improvements for that is the graphics section.

1 Like

Luckily I almost only play in the morning time here in Holland due to being a fulltime familyman and parttime sim player ( working in the 24/7 shifts ) .

God, I love to be a pilot too, then maybe I could be a problem solver too, only thing holding me back is the 16000 euro to get my PPL :rofl:

well, im off to my evening shift, Have fun flying everybody and I hope things will get better soon!

5 Likes

not for me, I still have this useless and disturbing pop-up when my quest3 controller goes to sleep.

Do you recall having touched some settings to get rid of this intrusive pop-up?