[Polls] Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 Sim Update 5 Feedback (PC/Xbox/PS5)

Yes, did the same, fully clean up MSFS24 (steam), also used Revo Uninstaller and even then some folders still around, so check everything. Had to do it twice but after that it is butter smooth, checked with the PMDG 777-300 at EGLL to EHAM (FlyTampa) BATC with busy airport, even turning on taxiways and crazy panning around to test with a 4070S 14600K and DDR4. 3440x1440 high settings, clouds ultra, 12GB VRAM max 70% used.

And I kept all on the C drive this time.

1 Like

They say that after an update one should start out with an empty community folder because addons might cause problems.

I think it would be too much for Asobo to check addons.

1 Like

Yes, it would.
I’m rather wanting to see if Asobo warns devs not to use the combined 2020/24 SDK or files (I don’t know the difference btw those 2 terms) if that’s the one causing the issues.
It would make sense to raise that for the devs and themselves and us if it prevents some of the issues customers and Asobo find themselves faced with. Well, to me anyway.

This is really sound and excellent advice. It’s nice to hear from actual developers that are willing to chime in to assist all of us. I wish Asobo could(and maybe they did, I could have possibly missed it) give a definitive date and time by stating the precise time to expect updates. My son uses the sim as much as I do. All I know is I got home, he told me it automatically uploaded when he got on the sim and I’ve been dealing with issue after issue since SU5. I could have at least told him to avoid it until I had time to do a clean install and update. It would also be nice if they insisted developers, again maybe they do, be a part of the Beta teams to work out bugs with their own products, to avoid such upheavals as we are having now. The only other time I’ve had to glue myself to the forums as I’m doing now was for the launch of MSFS 2024, searching for solutions to a multitude of problems.

4 Likes

With the mouse you can click hold then drag right. You have to do that for each step though, but start can be held that way.

1 Like

This doesn’t work for me in SU5 anymore.

What I do now is to us the mouse scrollwheel. I have to scroll it continueously until the engine catches.

Other mouse interactions also stopped working, like clicking the tray tab in the A-1 Skyraider.

That’s odd. Simply holding works on my end.

It may be a per plane thing, but it works for me in the Caravan Pro and the Rans S6S.

Doesn’t work in the Baron TC for me. Baron and Bonanza are the only one I start using the mouse. I’m Using bindings for all other aircraft.

How do you start the Caravan Pro by dragging the Starter/Generator switch? Does that work?

Yes it does.

Two way switches I can click, three way the mouse wheel works.

1 Like

I think you have to be in Lock interaction mode for this behavior, correct?

1 Like

Possibly. I haven’t used the original method in 2024.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Honeycomb Echo Flight Controller

Just an idea. Check if “repeat input” is selected for the main cockpit interaction binding.

1 Like

That’s a good point, I’ll check.

Is it me or did photogrammetry disappear out of phoenix? I swear I’ve seen it before. Did they remove it?

1 Like

It went missing in the betas and didn’t make it back into the final version for some reason. There’s a thread for it, but I think they’re well aware of the issue.
Regards
P.S. Thread here, and it’s “bug logged”: Phoenix SW USA Photogrammetry missing

1 Like