[Polls] Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 Sim Update 5 Feedback (PC/Xbox/PS5)

I know that the Community and Volunteer moderators/managers have a whole influx of comments on different platforms and I know they are not at liberty to discuss things that are not released and we appreciate you guys but…

Are we able to have some time scale on this game breaking bug… Ultimately I think everyone here and on all platforms would like to know is it worth setting the sim to one side for the time being until the next sim update or are we expected to receive a hot fix and to dig in deep and bare with?

Its a tough question but one that i think needs answering.

2 Likes

Scroll up 3 hours ago…

3 Likes

I did scroll my bad in must of missed it :skull:

1 Like

Correct I’m using the SU5 version of chaseplane

If I may ask you, how controls do you use to start your Blacksquare aircraft? I know the starter is spring loaded. I have always been able to use my mouse until SU5. Now I can’t get the starter to engage long enough. Sadly, I haven’t flown them since SU5 for that reason.

This is interesting. So how do we know which add-ons could be the culprit?

For some! Which is great. I am a VR guy as well and it wasn’t until SU5 that I started to encounter errors. The CTDs have gone away, but I don’t get near the smoothness I had with SU4. I’m also seeing other glitches that I had never experienced, ever, not even on day one. I realize everyone’s system is different. My system isn’t high-end, but it’s by no means a bottom feeder either. I’ve been reading post after post trying to figure out what to do next. I feel you in praising them for what a nice job they’ve done for you, but for others like myself, it’s been nightmarish. I haven’t been able to truly enjoy the sim since the release of SU5. It’s a bit frustrating.

The MS statement is not mentioning performance, though.

They are mentioning stability.

And while I am on PC I do understand that stability is a gamebreaking issue with higher priority than performance.

To improve performance we could reduce settings until they fix it.

But crashes are out of control of users and therefore need to be tackled by devs, first.

1 Like

I am getting extremely smooth performance on pc. All ultra settings with tlod at 400 and olod at 200. 4k resolution with dlss quality and frame gen enabled. I am also using the default ai traffic with fsltl aircraft. Rock solid performance with very minute stutters at large airports. Nothing to really complain about. Now I just hope they can improve the weather and clouds in the next update.
My systems specs
Ryzen 9800x3d
Rtx 4090
64gb ram
Nvme 4tb

4 Likes

How’s that even possible. I have a very similar spec except I run on i9 11000k processor. But still stuttering with power msfs24 settings (pmdg and chaseplane)

Here is a link to the bug report. I hope you don’t mind but I did mention you in the report. I can remove that mention if you like or add/rework some of the details.

1 Like

For which aircraft specifically?

My only issue is still Asobo have not addressed the VR dominant eye issue. I’ve given up asking. Asobo - most people are right eye dominant and with poorly designed aircraft VR collision meshes the VR cursor is offset in both eyes and the sim defaults to the left eye click point. Please provide the option for the user to select the dominant eye. This is making the sim unbearable at times.

1 Like

It would be better to correct the actual fault, i.e. correct the aircraft which have the two cursors misaligned on the controls:

This problem is bug-logged, has 160 votes, affects both FS2020 and 2024, was first logged four years ago yet no solution ever scheduled.

The Baron and Bonanza of 2024.

After takeoff this happens in beta and now after leaving beta to just enjoy sim, Well that did not happen. I don’t know what to think if this sim anymore. I degrees, after takeoff and press autopilot with Black Square aircraft, Asobo GA aircraft, almost every GA aircraft I set a heading or GPS navigation and the plane just tilts to the right and keeps tilting, does not follow heading that’s set out navigation path that’s planned, just crashes aircraft if I don’t disengage auto pilot. So disheartening any fix for this TIA

Update went well until I wanted to fly. Stutters, settings reset and Fulcrum Yoke missing! At this stage could not be bothered redoing everything. There appears to be no quality control that I can see and thankfully there are alternatives, maybe not as pretty but don’t require a full rebuild after a forced upgrade. Pity as MSFS 2024 is beautiful but sacrifices are being made to make a one sim for all devices. Have been with this hobby now for over 40 years and know it’s never perfect but this SU left me stumped. Maybe the next one will sort out the issues?

Living in hope?

Yours sincerely

John.

4 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: TFDi MD-11 2024 Released

I wish there were an easy answer to that. Look, it is our policy never to speak badly of any other MSFS DLC, so I will not name names, but when I started with a virgin SU5 installation on Wednesday, all worked fine. In the days after, I started to add some products, always downloaded directly from the devs site. I found several that caused a far higher load than would be logical for the product. Things like dropping FPS by half at an airport. There is one sign, though, when the same file is used for MSFS2020 and MSFS2024, I would be hesitant to install it, as it is clearly compiled with the FS2020 SDK.

With any SU update, I start with a clean (re-installed) sim. My experiences with just updating are not very good, and then just installing what I REALLY need.

Mathijs Kok
PMDG

7 Likes

Are MS/Asobo aware of that issue with the files? Do they warn devs not to use it if it is causing many of the problems?