[Polls] Sim Update 14 (1.35.21.0) Discussion

4090 here, better fps with the new version.

But this new one is less forgiving with undervolt. I might have to reduce core frequency one step.

Anyone experiencing that?

I replaced dlss with 3.5.0, as I did with previous game version.

dx11 if in vr?

Best

Yeah ā€¦ keep yourself busy for 24 hours and try to buy some Taylor Swift tickets ā€¦ you wonā€™t get any but at least the MSFS crowd will have died down by then ā€¦

1 Like

Same here. Was all finished in less than 5 minutes. Speed was 360 mbit/s and sometimes more.

1 Like

Reporting from Costa Rica. 350Mbps, fiber:

This is ridiculous.

Yep. Done and dusted in less than fifteen minutes. As the dust from the sweaty, urgent masses dissipates and the ripples on the pond of life slowly subside.

3 Likes

It toke me a night of driving around in the truck ( 547 km) but now Iā€™m back at the pc andā€¦ install is done.
To be honest: I cannot tell if the install really took all night but I had to leave home at 08:30pm CET and the last thing I saw was 76% progress.
Curious for the improvementsā€¦
Happy :small_airplane:

1 Like

:joy: You have a way with words. That and your previous post about waiting are the funniest things Iā€™ve read in this thread of whines (& I include myself in those!).

1 Like

Initial update (sans content manager, that is yet to come) went smoothly.

Yes, initially (the first 5 minutes) a rather sluggish 2-3 MBit/sec only, but went up as high as an acceptable 250 Mbits/sec. Total download of the 7+ GB about 15 minutes.

So all good :slight_smile:

This is whit a fiber 10 Gbit/sec connection (limited by my own home WiFi router setup to max. 1 Gbit/sec, of course ;)), Switzerland. MSFS Premium Deluxe on Steam, Windows 10 Home (all updates applied).

Iā€™ve been stuck on [1/1] - Decompressing asobo-aircraft-sr22-0.2.13.fspatchā€¦ for 6 hours now, I have deleted my community folder and am on PC, have never had an issue before now.

6 hours of decompression is a long time. End task on MSFS and restart MSFS. May also try restarting your PC.

Did you try this workaround (see post) for a stuck file?

I can confirm too, that these steps really work.

I removed all the fs soundbase files from the Official folder and moved them elsewhere.
Emptied the Community folder as well (which I never did on any other SUs)

Result: Download completed in 5 minutes and I was in the sim!

Cheers,
Nish

2 Likes

The downloading of updates really needs to be sorted. I live in perpetual fear of having to reinstall the whole sim and how long that would take/what would happen when it fails and gets stuck etcā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™ve restarted the PC about 5 or 7 times now.

It used to be fine too. Busy at times yes, but SU12 and previous sim updates were on a whole just fine (not dreaded). CM slowdowns bug has been happening since spring 2023 and hasnā€™t ever been fixed. I suspect the real problem is there. But you can see from the dev stream that they donā€™t know what it is. Search for " Content Manager Download Speeds" on this linked page.
I too live in the fear of a reinstall. (I have only 30MBPS broadband)

Thankyou. Sometimes I do and write things Iā€™m not really good enough to do. And it scares me.

we must congratulate them, applaud and jump for joy for this great update

Update all done in 27 minutes, average speed around 40+Mbits/s, only have hybrid LTE/DSL no cable/fibre. Started 0945CET.

Do you also sometimes get that feeling that, these last two updates is just like actual flyingā€¦
The actual getting there to hereā€¦ (downloading) was the real journeyā€¦ :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I was stuck on decompression last night, even after restart. In the end I let the process run over night, and this morning it was finished. Have not had the time to fly yet, looking forward to tonight