[Polls] Sim Update 15 (1.37.18.0) Discussion

Fact is, Bern is simply not available as “photogrammetric city”. And that’s that.

And as such it is as good as any other city that is re-created with the help of Blackshark AI. And not “wrong”.

No, you wouldn’t think that. Such scenery updates are merely “maintenance updates”, perhaps fixing some existing POIs (but not adding new ones!), fixing some airports, adjusting to whatever has changed in the most recent simulation update (SU). Etc. etc.

Again, those are maintenance updates. Not “city updates” or even “world updates”. Such updates (adding or drastically improving existing scenery / cities) are always announced in advance - such as the most recent city update 7 that includes Barcelona, Madrid, Porto and a few other selected European cities.

For all we know: yes! Could be very well that they adjusted some logic where to “plant trees and bushes” (in case that is not decided “server-side” anyway), how tall the trees shall be, fixing or adding exclusion zones…

Again, all those package updates are merely “maintenance updates”. They are neither announced, nor do they “silently” add new TIN (aka photogrammetry) data to cities that did not have them before…

That has been the case since the last 4 years already.

I know that. I happen to live in Switzerland :wink:

I am not sure to what “new information” you are referring to here, but again: all we received - for the umpteenth time - are regular package updates for existing world sceneries. There has never been any announcement about them before (not that I know of), except that such updates happened frequently before already (for selected world update packages).

No need to explain to us the difference between real-world and a representation that has been algorithmically been created by AI, based on real-world data such as the location of each house and the approximate type of house. And of course satellite images.

And again, as such Bern is not “catastrophically wrong”: it simply lacks photogrammetry data (for one reason or the other, only the Bing team knows…). That is unfortunate, but by the very definition not “wrong”.

2 Likes