City Update 7: European Cities II Feedback

Please use this thread for feedback and discussion about City Update 7: European Cities II.

If you have any bugs to report with the new scenery. Please create a new topic in Scenery and Airports.

Thanks,
The MSFS Team

8 Likes

Just installed CU07 on Xbox X and this is what I see at LFMN Nice:

I’ve deleted rolling cache and restarted Xbox and I don’t have any add-ons in this area that I can think of.

Anyone else seeing this?

Edit: This issue finally pushed me to do a complete reinstall of MSFS and all WU and CU to clear a long-standing issue with seven WU that always showed needing updates. That has fixed the texture issue so I can now fully explore and enjoy the area from Nice to Monte Carlo with this amazing CU07 release.

A texture issue with LFMN Nice:

Just curious? Didnt find any release notes or so.

4 Likes

Did you download three world updates on content manager and city update 7 from market place?

-eelis-

1 Like

Shouldn’t the CU07 be a stand-alone product?

In other words, if you have the absolute base sim installed and only install CU07, shouldn’t it work regardless?

It oughtn’t to rely on other WUs to have the textures in place. (provided, of course, that that is what is going on here.)

1 Like

These are the updates pending in Content Manager AFTER the Installer pushes down the European Cities update.

2 Likes

I cannot replicate this after loading into LFMN on MSFS 1.37.18.0 with CU07 and the 3 WU updates in the content manager. Though if the World Updates are required, that should at least be noted in the CU07 description.

Interesting. I saw the updates available before I “purchased” CU07.

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s strange!

1 Like

CU07 may require installing the updated points of interest in World Updates to avoid this issue, it seems. Though I have not tried it out without those updates.

1 Like

The CU “Get and Download” in Marketplace seems like a very small provisioning file - 65KB or so if I read the screen correctly.

2 Likes

Nice looks ok here after those updates.

1 Like

Wonder when will Belgrade come in photogrammetry.

Maybe it is, but if you have previously downloaded world updates that the city update conserns ( like Stockholm is in nordics world update), then you have to update those world updates in content manager.

-eelis-

1 Like

I’m seeing the three POI updates but not the LFMN one.

The POI updates won’t install. They go through the whole download and decompress process but then stay in the queue saying available. This issue was mentioned at the last Live Stream but the team didn’t seem to be aware of it.

This is a longstanding issue, shared with others on Xbox, where some of the WU don’t fully install so anything new on the list is masked. LFMN isn’t there though. I’ve also deleted the CU07 update and reinstalled it but no difference.

Having said that a helicopter flight along the coast to Monte Carlo is very impressive. A shame the heliport in Monte Carlo doesn’t appear to be active in MSFS.

Here is my standard Content Manager view. These won’t install. Some of them are just Bush Trips but there are also some POI files as well.

There was a Nice-related update in the World Updates when I downloaded them on PC, though I just saw it on the description line as it was downloading.

Don’t take this as one of those complaining posts, the net benefit is real, I’m not complaining.

I just wanted to share a screenshot of the Barcelona F1 track, Circuit de Catalunya after the recent city update. Enjoy (I hope this can be fixed in due course, thanks for the effort though):

1 Like

just on the edge of the photogrammetry it looks like. That’s a shame

2 Likes