[Polls] Sim Update 15 (1.37.18.0) Discussion

To be honest, heavy multiplayer presence in complex scenery areas has always killed my FPS and introduced stutters. I don’t notice it being worse in SU15 than before, if anything it seems like the multiplayer bubble management is more consistent and slightly smoother, and performance generally better.

I know I attend some of the same group flights as you and I haven’t had major issues. I was up with a large group yesterday and bar a few stutters when lots of scenery was popping in, it was honestly smoother than usual.

This is the thing, though, performance is such a complex beast that everyone gets a different experience. I don’t doubt the people saying that it’s worse in SU15 for them, but it’s not my experience. I can fly in London on TLOD 400 now (albeit at barely 30 FPS) which I absolutely could not do in SU14. This is on a very high-spec PC, though, and maybe the improvements I am seeing are as much system-dependent as they are infrastructure-dependent (servers etc).

2 Likes

Sounds like a server problem.

1 Like

Could be, quite possibly most of these performance issues are.

I mean, I had the same mega-hitches when I first turn my head towards the new Nice (France) PG area after spawning in to the airport. Really bad. But my system flies over the detail very smooth once it’s loaded.

So it IS the server making the freeze, until the data is available to my local sim. Not that my PC cannot handle the detail.

But WHY it has to work this way is a HUGE concern of mine, that this methodology is so deep in the engine that even in v2024 this won’t change.

I mean, why can’t it CALL for the new data, but NOT have to actually WAIT for it. Just show me what was there BEFORE (low res texture, lower LOD version, nothing at all… or whatever) until you can stream it in smoothly and swap it over then, without these darn pauses and glitches!? It’s madness.

4 Likes

Hi @Terrylawdinn,

The mandatory update yesterday was to change the Dune DLC splash screen to the previous World Update 16 splash screen. It will start in Windowed mode for this, but fear not, it is not a regression of the bug during SU15 beta. When you next start the sim it will be in fullscreen (should you have changed it to that) for all subsequent launches.

Thanks
The MSFS Team

7 Likes

Can other players see our XBox (green) or Pc (blue) liveries with su15 ? Or it is still the same and kind of blue ot orange random planes ?

Ah. No wonder. Cause i saw a video and he was using the steam version. He was on about it, and even watching it, it didnt seem different. Lol

2 Likes

It seems that Xbox is the problem if you’re on PC and PC is the problem if you’re on Xbox. That to me suggests that we have two platforms. If the box had a stand alone version it wouldn’t impact us pc users and obviously the opposite is also true.

3 Likes

ABSOLUTELY a major concern moving forward into FS2024.

2 Likes

Yeah, ok. I added the changes to the bonanza. Nice. I stiffened the body up a bit as its built like a tank compared to a 172, i did a bit faster on landing, and the added friction definitely kept it straight rolling out. I like it. I definitely felt it turning off the runway. Good job McSobo. <3

For the first time no delay in speed of downloading the update. (Good)
No crashes or hick-ups running the sim. (Good)
No problems with addons like PMDG 737. (Good)
Hope to see DX12 working properly?
Overall (Good)
Thank you for the teams work and delaying the update for a smooth install.

1 Like

mine has defaulted to the Caribbean update load splash screens , very retro

1 Like

Just a few posts up…

1 Like

Hey BlackersG.
Well I’m sorry but the deluxe upgrade alone is around 100$, I did not buy it to not install it. Telling simmers to not use addons they bought is unacceptable. I can understand up to a certain extent, like the pushback tool or some environment upgrades, but I should be able to take off without black screen from a standard airport.

I don’t think they are suggesting you run like that all the time, just do it as a diagnostic step to find out what the cause is.

1 Like

Hey. Here again to express my feelings towards SU15 on series s. Still can’t takeoff from CYYZ, a standard airport, with the 787 from the deluxe package. I know .17 was deemed unacceptable because it could not sustain long flights but what’s the use if you can’t even takeoff without black screens for a short flight? I did a smooth full 5 hour with .17, so I think that’s still better than the .18. I know we’re a lot to have said this but I have to say it again to at least get a sense of chance at change. So hi :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Or start a refund program idk I just want to be able to enjoy the sim and use what I paid for.

1 Like

Hey. Can I just get a quick answer, just to feel like what I say is taken into account. It would really mean a lot. Even if there’s no real change going to happen I just want to know I’m being heard. Even a quick “ok” will do please I’m really desperate here.

lol missed it. didnt mind the different load screens and all is working fine. not that i have the dune dlc loaded.

1 Like

You mentioned XBox Series S. I think one of the reasons for 2024 being made is that the sim is really struggling even on the X, let alone the S. The sim has changed a lot since 2020, and so have its addons, but the XBox specs remain the same. To put it in perspective, when MSFS was released Intel had released their 10th gen chip, and they are now approaching the release of the 15th gen chip. MS haven’t touched the XBox in the meantime.

None of this helps you of course. If you were to look at a game on Steam you might notice that they have a Recommended spec, and a minimum spec. The XBox S is pretty firmly in that minimum spec bracket.

1 Like

thank god it did

3 Likes