[Polls] Sim Update 15 (1.37.18.0) Discussion

yes it shows the liveries of all the aircraft it has generated

Regarding my previous comment about SU15 downgrading accuracy of roads and houses, that was version 1.37.18.0. Just noticed a huge improvement in the latest release 1.37.19.0. Now mostly accurate
houses and streets to real life in my area, but seems they also are making trees much larger, too large now, invading runway approaches in some cases (KAVX).

I think, how could a software be that unstable. I got a high-end PC and fast internet connection, that should be fast enough to run 10 FS. I donā€™t change my community files over weeks and weeks, flying only 97% the same plane, the discus FES, and some days I got no problems. All is running fine, no stutters, etc.
And than without doing a change a have stuttering or CTD, mostly on weekends, holy days, the days after updates, etc.
So what can it be than connectivity to online services.
Regards Ralf

5 Likes

i am retired,if i fly now all work fine here in germany,
in the evening more user,more problems,so i m shure most is a server problem,but the Sim also do strange lod. a fresh start help sometimesā€¦so stable,no,more like a gambling :wink:
cheers Ralf

5 Likes

now i can not start the sim,ask for disc,did all wat zendesk want,no way to startā€¦lost the gamble i thinkā€¦ :grimacing:
this sim was never so bad before su15,take more time to fix then flyā€¦

edit;
after over 1 hour restart sim,pc and so on it start,
please fix this store and x-box app messā€¦

1 Like

ItĀ“s just marketing. You need to pay to get rid of the limitations. But real limitation will be still there for years, even after FS2024: game wonĀ“t do more than what the current console on MicrosoftĀ“s portfolio can do each time. This limitation will be there for 4-5 years until new console is released and cycle will be repeated over and over.

Multicore is fine and for sure it will release workload, but consoles have only a limited number of cores and they have currently less cores than tasks are required to handle even in current MSFS case, so the need of multi-threaded scenenario will be still there even if we move to a multicore environment. Some of the cores will still need to run several things in paralell not only one, and one of the cores will still need to sync all tasks globally (graphics, sound, traffic, etc). That sync wonĀ“t happen faster than the fastest sync a console can do.

I donĀ“t mean this wonĀ“t work but IĀ“m not sure it will solve all problems, just mitigate them more efficiently. Anyway from a technical perspective FS2024 will be definitelly an interesting proof of concept to pay attention to. I prefer to wait and see what they really bring to the market. Promises are just words.

Cheers

3 Likes

My comment was actually directed at users here, not Microsoftā€™s marketing. It seems like a lot of users have this impression that the next sim will fix everything based on all the ā€œwait until 2024ā€ type comments I see. Maybe that stems from some marketing, but people need to be skeptical when looking at the track record of updates.

10 Likes

Same for meā€¦I finally bit the bullet and bought a new PC for MSFSā€¦my first ever gaming PC purchase :grin:ā€¦7800 3d x 4070 Super 12gb vram x 64gb ramā€¦2 Nvme x 2gā€¦everything ultra and running super smooth for me atmā€¦Wow!!! what a difference in performance :crazy_face:ā€¦most peeā€™d myself first flight after reloading MSFS 2020 lolā€¦Woot!!..5000 hrs on the clock and finally seeing what I been missingā€¦

5 Likes

im curious, what was your previous setup like?

My previous rig was a std HP desktop PCā€¦1050tiā€¦32gb ramā€¦i5ā€¦ssdā€™sā€¦it worked great with marginal settings of low to medium at 1080pā€¦butā€¦Frames are now 100plus and smooth as a babyā€™s buttā€¦3840 x 2160 res 60hzā€¦2dā€¦120in screenā€¦ BenQ TH685p projectorā€¦Iā€™m stoked and hope it stays as is :roll_eyes:ā€¦nothing else to turn on in General options lol ā€¦DLSS super resolutionā€¦DX12ā€¦all high and Ultra settings seems to make this 4070 super 3d 7800 combo happy with MSFSā€¦Ssssweet performanceā€¦

2 Likes

I have given it a couple of weeks to test. This update is not the best. I cant see my cities clear. I am still getting black screens on the a320 v.2 . The performance is not better to me if I can see whay I am trying to vfr over. Iā€™m sure a fix os in the works but please guve us back our scenery and amazing clouds. Thank for the hard work coding is not easy.

1 Like

Anybody knows why even after SU15 has shipped since quite some time I can still opt in to SU15 Beta? :thinking:

You can always opt in to the beta program, and it will keep you ā€œenrolledā€ until you manually exit. Youā€™ll notice the build # is the same as the live SU15 build #

When they release the SU16 beta you wonā€™t have to do anything it will automatically upload that now that youā€™re ā€œenrolled.ā€

2 Likes

Thanks for clarifying. So got one more: with the previous beta builds we had the restriction that you could not see folks outside the Beta and vice versa. If I join the Beta now as you stated I should not have that restriction as I do get the same version. Or is there anything else that determines whether I can see folks outside the Beta? Will the next beta SU16 still have the restriction? Would you or somebody else know? :thinking:

Think that depends on how they set it up for the beta period or version.
We had betas where we could see people from the non-beta and some where we didnā€™t. But I think if beta participants and non-beta participants are on the exact same version, they probably see each other.

1 Like

There is no ongoing beta at this time. Even though you are enrolled in the beta program, that only means that you will get future beta updates (SU16) when they release. You have the current version (SU15) that is the same for all MSFS users, so there should be no issues with multiplayer.

4 Likes

I finally got around to an extended flying session today on the new update, working on the Northeast Megalopolis bush trip (or whatever itā€™s called, flying the Northeast of the U.S.), and had a somewhat consistent problem that I didnā€™t have before. Several times I had to step away after a leg, so I would select to return to the main menu after landing so I could properly exit the sim. The loading screen would appear for a bit, then CTD without ever getting back to the main menu. No progress lost and I was in the process of exiting the sim anyway at those times, so I guess thatā€™s a silver lining. When I came back to fly again and restarted the sim, it gave me the start in safe or normal mode option.

My biggest gripe about SU15 is that FPS have taken a hit. Yeah, it runs a little smoother with those low frame numbers but, KSEA or KSFO never used to give me 20 fps on approach beforeā€¦ever. Smaller airports seem to be okay. It feels like something happened to these major airports after the update.

My specs:
Ryzen 7 3700X with an AIO cooler. (Waiting for that 5800X3D to drop in price a bit)
RTX 2080 Super
32MB Ram
SSD

Iā€™m running DX11 with TAA - Itā€™s always given me the best performance. The TAA especially. I rock 175 on the TLOD and 100 on the LOD.

1 Like

My biggest gripe, which is really hard to overlook, is the degradation in visuals. Iā€™ve expressed my dislike for the LOD reduction since the last update dropped and have found it so off putting that itā€™s hard to enjoy flying, so stopped. 2 weeks later had a look to see but itā€™s still an awful visual mess with LOD reduced and textures blurry outside the LOD ring.
For me, this has been left unacceptable. However, for those few nutters who like to do a 9 hr flight I guess your sim will make it without CTD but at what costā€¦

10 Likes

Visuals have degraded noticeably on Series X, heck, it doesnā€™t look like a Series X game anymore, with LOD pop on objects almost right in front or below the aircraft.

Fps stutters are common especially in heavily populated cities with lots of photogrammetry and large busy airports and live weatherā€¦ The sound distorts annoyingly then goes back to normal as of the game is about to freeze up and crashā€¦ But it doesnā€™t.

What happened to the exceptional optimization this game had in the SU15 beta and SU13 public build?

Bad texture LOD and fps inconsistency are really killing the experience for me, Asobo just release a mini fix or Hotfix already. I canā€™t wait till next year for SU16 and certainly do NOT want to buy or try out FS24 on Gamepass just to have a better experience.

Like myself, many others Iā€™m sure will continue to get great mileage on FS20 so please continue to support it.

10 Likes