[Polls] World Update XI: Canada Discussion

Some more:
Rogers arena is very crinkly

BCIT campus near Vancouver Airport is melted

Bridges and marina are covered in water.

Bride ends and the end is made of water.

Harbour Air terminal is melted and dock is missing.

6 Likes

All of these are common issues that affect most PG, not just that area. In particular any building with a more complex surface to capture, suffers.

1 Like

Just an example of what good PG looks like. Denver, Colorado:

11 Likes

Flew around northern Manitoba and Saskatchewan by the border and found the classic lake abyss going on.

All pics are at the edge of Denare Beach Saskatchewan. follow the highway from CYFO north into Flin Flon Manitoba, then west into Saskatchewan and the town of Denare Beach. the glitch is almost longer than the town!

3 Likes

I don’t understand why the mutilated buildings in Toronto aren’t getting fixed with a quick update. This problem didn’t exist before world update 11.

4 Likes

At Vancouver most of the jetways are not attached to the terminal??
And i dont know if it’s the weather over there, but why are most cities, also in the US completely fogged up, while everywhere else is no fog at all?
Flying over Spokane right now, everywhere blue skies… but the city itself, completely in the haze/fog

I’ve been wondering the same thing. This fiasco has started me thinking about the shelf-life of the 10-year commitment to the platform. Here’s hoping that, at the very least, they’ll quietly bundle a passable fix into the next update. At best, in the laudable we’re-all-friends-here spirit of the sim’s development so far, do a development update video and give a minute of it to a sincere “Whoops.”

1 Like

I wouldn’t be holding my breath. A year and a half later, folks are still waiting for fixes to the botched UK world update despite profuse apologies and promises to revisit it in several Q&As.

Will it happen? Perhaps at some point. I won’t say they won’t fix Canada or the UK. I’m sure they’d like to. But likely not in any short term. If there’s one thing that’s clear over the past 2 years is the top priority is always the shiny new thing on the horizon vs fixing issues that have been languishing.

4 Likes

What 10 year commitment? There’s no such thing. Jorge already explained this myth.

Sometimes the shiny new thing, is more important than a small fix, when it comes to the big picture, and the overall roadmap.

And sometimes adding a new floor to a house with a crumbling foundation instead of fixing said foundation first causes far bigger problems.

2 Likes

Crumbling foundation might be a bit of an exaggeration, but I get your point. The sim overall is pretty good at this point, and we’re (meaning the community at large…) starting to argue about finer points now, this being one of them. As odd as it may sound, that’s a good thing.

For the most part, I agree. It’s a huge improvement. But the bug debt keeps growing as they add new issues with each update that aren’t addressed.

But back to the context of the Canada update, I don’t see these issues being fixed any time soon when they still haven’t fixed the botched UK update a year and a half later. A lot of Canadians that fly in Canada regularly have simply chosen to uninstall the update because they hate the visual downgrade to the PG.

Replacing limited, good quality data with wider reaching, lower fidelity data was a huge step backwards.

1 Like

Hi all, it looks like Asobo took notice of the complaints about the Vancouver photogrammetry in the Canada World Update. Vancouver photogrammetry is scheduled to be fixed:

Also a big thanks to everyone who vote for the Vancouver photogrammetry bug in the Bugs forum!

6 Likes

What I find disappointing about that bug list is the lack of the fps drops during flights. Why’s that not there? Or am I looking in the wrong place?

1 Like

Hello @PumpaCat,

The top bugs displayed in the weekly Development Update Blog posts are determined by forum votes in the Bugs & Issues section over 1) the last three months and 2) all time. If a particular issue that is important to you isn’t showing up on these lists, it’s because other forum posters are not voting for it. That being said, just because an issue isn’t in the Top 24 for forum votes doesn’t mean it hasn’t been logged by the team and isn’t being worked on by the devs. Optimizing performance is something we try to do with every Sim Update.

Thanks,
MSFS Team

4 Likes

Ah, many thanks for that, Seedy. Much appreciated. :+1:

1 Like

Yup I jumped in joy when I saw that. just hoping we don’t wind up waiting for it like we have with the UK world update.

1 Like

Yep… Thats great ! CN Tower and Vancouver area being fixed… However since the update, downtown TO area has been a mess… looks all melted. Was much better before the update.

Also the Credit river (about 10klms west of CYTZ) has been really bad for a long time. Wish these would be fixed soon as well.

Being from that area I do a lot of flying in that region and the way it is now it is not a good experience. So much so that now I rarely fly around there.

Hopefully it gets fixed soon as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

Apologize if already answered - but i have searched an cannot find a solution.

I am on latest version and have downloaded all updates (running win10). Even the splash screen shows the canadian flag - but world update xi:canada does not appear in content manager and I have no discovery flights, landing challenges or bush flights that would indicate i have this update installed.

What could I possibly do to get this update installed?

thanks