[Polls] World Update XI: Canada Discussion

Landmark in Toronto looked just fine before installing World update 11. Rolling cache reset to no avail. Everywhere else building look normal except in Toronto. At night everything looks beautiful with Dream Scenery night enhanced but not during the day.

2 Likes

I would have never expected that many pools in Québec city. Does it get hot there? What is the swim season? I’m in A Z and we have a lot of pools.

there’s a noticible difference between Québec and Montréal for temperature. Montreal get usually 1 less month with no snow compared to us.

So we have resonable temps(over 20 celcius) in June-July-August (we often get 30s C in July). If you dont have a heater, thats about it. If you have one, you can be lucky and start in May, if the winter was not too rough and snow melted early, and can extend to September.

For the last week, night were below freezing point, and some places a bit North of Québec City already got snow

Montreal PG scenery is far from perfect as can be seen above. Generally speaking, however, flying over the city and environs has been a pleasure.

The Bombardier Headquarters are missing from de default MSFS and/or Canada Update probably because freeware CYUL sceneries have been available for over twenty years. Montreal 2002 was an excellent freeware two decades ago and today’s free sceneries are workable. I owned Fly Tampa’s excellent CYUL in FSX and a new MSFS edition is reportedly on the way. I’m presently using author 514’s old CYUL together with a very recent CYUL Enhancement and the combo includes the Bombardier HQ.

2 Likes

We get really hot weeks between June and August and the humidity levels are closer to 100% so a 30 degrees day feels like 45 sometimes :wink:
(in fahrenheit it’s between 85 and 104)

2 Likes

I thought Montreal was bad after the update but wow… Toronto is way worse. Buildings in Montreal look decrepit and dirty up close but at least they’re not melting.

Gonna have a look at Vancouver next.

1 Like

Awesome great to hear. If you have room on your list …a detailed Toronto Pearson Airport for Xbox users.

So, can someone gimme a suggestion for a 1 hour flight in the G36, between two non-major airports, that’s good for sight seeing. I rarely fly in Canada, and want to give it a go after the WU.

Hi @Picka5string,

Start at Springbank, Alberta (CYBW) and fly to Revelstoke, British Columbia (CYRV). Don’t go direct as the crow flies; follow the rivers and mountain passes via Canmore, Banff, and Golden. Something like the below will take you slightly more than an hour in a Bonanza, and you’ll see some gorgeous scenery in the Canadian Rockies.

8 Likes

Thx. I’ll give that route a go.

BANFF.PLN (10.1 KB)

tried to reproduced the flight from Seedy

2 Likes

Hello, first thank you for your acknowledgment. just popping in to ask with the info gathered so far since the release, will there be an update/hotfix coming our way anytime soon?

Flew this route last night. Very scenic, and a fun navigation puzzle to solve as well. I enjoyed that little slice of Canada.

2 Likes

I’m grateful for the acknowledgement. I’m also a little disturbed that (a) it met your expectations and/or (b) you thought it would meet ours.

After all, you did approve and release it with those obvious visual flaws as-is, Toronto tower being a glaring example.

5 Likes

According to the weekly update last night both the Vancouver and CN Tower issues are being worked on already.

Is there any chance you could tell us if they’re JUST working on the CN Tower in that case or Toronto as a whole as well? hoping for the latter obviously.

3 Likes

Might have also landed at Banff Airport… (CYBA) but it still isn’t included in the default sim… even though it is a valid airport!!

References:

https://skyvector.com/airport/CYBA/Banff-Airport

For now, if you want to land at Banff, get Misfit79’s freeware add-on at flightsim.to: as well as the water/terrain fixes due to WU11 for theses areas: Banff to Jasper and Jasper to Hinton.

Airport LINK CYBA Airfield & Banff, Alberta, Canada Scenery Upgrade 2.1 » Microsoft Flight Simulator

Water fixes LINK: Water & Terrain fix for Banff to Jasper Alberta » Microsoft Flight Simulator and
Water fixes LINK: Jasper to Miette Hot Springs Terrain & Waterfix (Alberta) » Microsoft Flight Simulator

Not to beat a dead horse, or agree or to disagree, have again reported the missing CYBA Banff airport to zendesk as it is still on the books and is deemed as a valid and fully maintained airport.

1 Like

Did you add this to the list:

Technically CYBA is not quite a valid airport. It was closed for regular operations about 20 years ago. The grass strip is maintained by Parks Canada for emergency and precautionary landings only. Normal flight ops from CYBA are prohibited.

3 Likes

Wow. Finally got around to installing canada WU. Man, I’m dissapointed by the toronto photogrammetry. As someone who lives in the 905 (greater toronto area) I can appreciate the updated data. (Looks like 2021 sometime. I noticed a bud light seltzer ad) but wow, this has to be the poorest quality pg in the sim. Im glad to see vancouver at least got expanded pg. But toronto is very very poorly executed.

2 Likes

Here are a few screenshots I have taken around vancouver with coordinates displayed where I have found errors.
In general cranes and harbours are pretty messy.

Marinas and boat houses.

Floating geometry above building on right.

Harbour Center building on right is very deformed.

Vancouver Science Center has trees growing out of it.

7 Likes