[Polls] World Update XI: Canada Discussion

I tried looking for it again via Bing maps. (No luck - horrible interface.) The clip I saw did not appear to be real world video. If it was it would be a very poor example for them to stream. It looked more like the the Bing 3D view presentation of the tower but more in the form of a flyby along the harbourfront. More similar to what we had prior to the world update. No way close to a real world video but definitely better than what we now have.

1 Like

am i the only one who find the rounded mountains so ugly !

no picture by hand but tried the community flight plan trip Banff- jasper and every single mountain was rounded. so ugly.

3 Likes

I’m in the same boat…err plane. I used to live in Toronto until I started at my career all the way in northern Manitoba a few years ago. I used MSFS as a form of therapy when I get homesick, flying over places I used to work, my old school etc. But since World Update Canada I’ve been flying anywhere but the GTHA. The one building they chose feels more like they threw a dart at a map and said “that the one!” (pun also intended.)

Although I have seen some improvements, there was a gaping hole terrain glitch inside the Greenwood Subway yard that has been fixed, more buildings added all over Canada that previously were left flat by autogen, stuff like that. but where they fix one thing another 3 errors have popped up somewhere else.

SU11 is just 10 days away, lets hope we get some fixes there.

4 Likes

“There is no dark side of the moon really, as a matter of fact, it’s all dark.” - Pink Floyd

2 Likes

Anyone found that a lot of forest areas here and there are not covered by trees in this WU? Like if Blackshark ai would not « read » correctly the Bing images.

2 Likes

Yeah, apart from the river elevation that always been a problem with big patches around Bella Coola. Not just there of course. This is a problem all over B.C., Alaska, Washington …

3 Likes

Finally I always find a nice location to fly since that Canada update is out :smiley:

1 Like

11 posts were split to a new topic: Post WUXI Loading Issues

A post was merged into an existing topic: Post WUXI Loading Issues

Great news today on FB from Dev team over at Samscene3d they are doing Vancouver! said released by end of year. so far just a preview of downtown and a seaplane base. if anyone knows by now, their scenery designs are amazing! so this will be a great fix/update from the unfortunate aftermath of WU11 to those who are interested. can’t wait!

hopefully soon Toronto…CN tower…will be next

4 Likes

Wow, I like SamScene3D, I have all his Sceneries and he’s doing great work. Plus, I love Vancouver.

What a match. This made my day!

5 Likes

Aren’t they amazing. I have just about all of heir sceneries as well. likewise, Vancouver is such a beautiful city and I am glad someone is doing it justice!

2 Likes

No need to wait for CN Tower

3 Likes

Just get RomanDesigns Toronto scenery pack.

Proper CN Tower, plus much more (and more areas covered as well).

4 Likes

Heres hoping any of the above mentioned things come to Xbox. been waiting on Asobo to approve the CYTZ airport for months now which would fix the CN Tower big time.

3 Likes

yeah PC only, XBX users no options at the moment unfortunately. I saw that mod and also romadessigns looks great. if only xbx could use Flight sim. to …would be a dream come true

1 Like

exactly same here. I reached out to that dev team they are waiting on Asobo after fixing some Ctd problems that they encountered. hopefully soon

1 Like

Hello fellow Vancouverites and BCers! The de Havilland DHC-2 Beaver was released yesterday for the 40th Anniversary Edition of MSFS. If you are a fan of Harbour Air from BC, please vote here to make a request for somebody to do the Harbour Air livery for the DHC-2 Beaver: https://flightsim.to/request/livery/20502/harbour-air-dhc-2-beaver

Thanks!

1 Like

Much of the Toronto scenery seems to be much improved suddenly today. Not only that but I’m seeing improvements in multiple areas of Ontario. New photogrammetry or perhaps an issue has been fixed?

In either case this is a BIG improvement that I’m seeing. Hopefully it’s the fix we all want to see. :wink:

3 Likes

Must be just lucky you. Toronto still a melted blob for me.

4 Likes