[Polls] World Update XIII: Oceania Discussion

If you are seeing the same thing with all add-ons turned off, you can report them in Scenery & Airports. Some guidelines:

1. One bug per bug report.
  2. Fill out the bug report. (Some people delete it or leave it blank and we don’t want that.)
  3. Tag it #oceania for searchability. If the country or island has a tag, use that, too. (#french-polynesia is one tag available)
  4. Add the version number as 1.32.7.0 if you believe the issue started with World Update 13.
1 Like

Yes I found that NZFX was just blank. I had a look around and found the station buildings all nestled in nearby rocks. On Google I couldn’t find anything marking a runway and the buildings are in the same rocks, so maybe it really does look like this?

2 Likes

Hello all,

I was out of sim some time and returned back today with short Update. I don’t know what was happened generally with weather but first flight test at my home area was shock, with no actual weather again. I don’t know where again problem is and what has changed with engine or sim…

Weather hasn’t changed. You’re posting about weather in a World Update discussion which is scenery based.

I flew 10 hours or so over the weekend, and yesterday, and had no issues with live weather over the UK. Actually saw weather fronts in the distance that I could fly into.

Also did a 14+ hour flight with live weather and no issues from what I could see. But if you’re looking for some kind of massive improvement that hasn’t happened and probably won’t happen until SU13 which will be in August. @OMICO4146

Sure. Thanks.

1 Like

I’m having a serious issue with the Vesssels Hawaii package. When I fly below 1000 feet the water within Pearl Harbor turns to nothing but white squares. I’ve cleared my cache in both Nvidia and Microsoft Flight Simulator to no avail. Anyone have any answers or having the same issue?

Hello friends,

thnx for your opinions about weather. For more details, I ask for experience for actaul weather state (as I said) no that it isn’t working. Simply from my last flights some time ago I have very accurate weather at my position but today no same good experience. We have here quite cloudy and rainy weather but at that time I wrote my post in sim few clouds with sun, therefore my report. I don’t know if this Update is only scenery Update also, I see that I have Update in my sim start and therefore I ask here, after this Update. On other side I didn’t download any scsenery update or new world scenery.

So unless I have missed something this World Update has no photogrammetry whatsoever and was hand crafted by Orbx and others for Asobo.
If i was Microsoft, i would be asking why the strange choice of area, why no photogrammetry, and more importantly why no fixes for the clearly broken things, such as a working replay facility, and fixes to World Updates that use huge trees and vegetation to hide when the Bing Data runs out. London and Paris being two examples. I can see why Asobo chose this area for this update, they clearly know there is an issue and dare not go near any more major cities at this point in time.

Coming here to just add that I enjoyed the challenge-specific skins on the planes for the new activities.

I always wished there was an option to change the plane liveries in those. It’s one of the few times I actually spend time with airliners and seeing their regular factory branding look while landing on actual cities always felt a bit underwhelming (granted, most of the time I’m on cockpit view but hey, sometimes you want to see outside). The fun liveries for smaller planes are a plus, too.

1 Like

It might be worth taking that to one of the “Vessels: Hawaii” specific threads rather than WU13, such as this one. Though it’s not a support site for them, you could at least report it there, and the OP has a link to their official site as well as the OrbX site.

A development like that I would expect to see in a sim update, rather than world update.

I think it’s a phenomenal choice of area. Oceania is an interesting and scenic area - and that area includes some noteworthy moments in aviation history. It’s also nice having a WU that is directly adjacent to the Australia/New Zealand WU’s.

The lack of photogrammetry is pretty simple - they didn’t have access to any. Apparently they wanted something for Honolulu- either photogrammetry or better satellite imagery, I’m not sure which, but they couldn’t get it in time.

But we did get improved satellite imagery and elevation data for many locations, and that’s a huge win.

7 Likes

This would have been my favorite World Update so far if it had fixed all of the bad textures. Nothing wrong with the choice of area.

First time ever, I lost all my settings and keybindings after installing the WU.
After the updatingprocess, it started to ask me to give my preferences again in some small menus.
Never experienced this and it took me over 2 hours to set te basics right again.
Hope this was a one time only experience, because it p.ssed me off quite much,
Anyway I will load the 20+ GB update later this week. First get everything smoothed out again.

I hope there will never be a WU again without any photogrammetry.

1 Like

Meh. The lack of photogrammetry is IMO waaaaaaaaay down the list of issues with this update. Depending on Indonesia coverage, I’m not sure there was a good candidate city for it. And photogrammetry is very hit or miss anyway.

4 Likes

I can happily live with 1 in 13 WU not including photogrammetry. WU are more than just new pg. I loved the 1m DEM in Hawaii. I think I’d rather get more 1m DEM in many areas than pg.

3 Likes

There is SOME photogrammetry. It’s not mentioned anywhere as far as I can see but there definitely is SOME I randomly found. I don’t have any mods that would have added it so must be part of the update.

EDIT: Try Kapalua PHJH and the small town near it. Think that was it.

1 Like