Poor performance on the ground

Most likely, yes. What’s weird is I’ve had some of these folks shut off all online functionality in the sim and they still have the issues.

Someone else noted that on the PC (since they can run software and monitor processes unlike the Xbox) that even with all the online functionality turned off, the sim is still opening network connections regardless.

Has anyone actually unplugged their cable or turned on airplane mode (punny!) after getting the sim running and seen if the issues go away? That would cut off the network entirely.

But in the case of the photogrammetry cities files, that seems to be an entirely different kettle of fish.

Try to run this bufferbloat test, I get A+, you should at least get an A for stable ping.

1 Like

Hello to everyone! I have rather low FPS on ground with heavy scenaries and it doesn’t become better even at some height with dense mesh on ground (see screen - average 20FPS with drop down to 16-17 FPS on ground), although my config is much higher than recommended requirements: i7 9700 RTX2070 Super 32Gb. My grafic parametres now is at high level - but what is strange to me - there were no significant change in FPS with settings down to medium. As I see on screen my CPU and GPU are at calm mode). All drivers are up-to-date with latest updates of Windows 10. So, I do believe this is not HW problem. I tried this bufferbloat test and got C result. May it be the only problem? I tried to switch off internet connection while flying - that have no effect on my FPS at all. So, could anybody hint in what direction shoul I look for a problem?

@PeakManatee8764 Can you post a screenshot with developer mode on? so we can see the statistics on the top right. What terrain LOD setting do you use? And does turning off photogrammetry help at all?

hi guys, good news, i found a solution for this problem on facebook from one other user… i had the same problem with heavy stutters on ground and also in the air with PG turned on so i had to switch it off. There was no solution for months… I was just about to go and reainstall windows and MSFS…

The solution is very simple, i have posted screen shots from facebook. What you have to do is locate and delete the following two files…for safty reasons just copy them for backup, but as far as i was told after deleting them and when you restart the sim they will recreate them self again…dont ask me more as im no expert on this but this solution works as i test it my self and now FINALLY im able to have PG switched on again!

Good luck fellow simmers!

2 Likes

second time I see the overrides.json

Which mod create that ?

EDIT: ah… forget it… You are in “Local” Path :slight_smile:

yes, its not the main MSFS folder

1 Like

so, every time the sim starts those two files recreates again? does we have to delete everytime?

Sorry, this does not look like “two files” but like “one file plus one folder”. Is this correct?
Do we need to delete the file and the folder?
Do we need to do it every time before launching MSFS?
Thanks for clarifying, I am several days away from my MSFS PC, so I will not be able to test this workaround until Monday or Tuesday, but I have been suffering also from severe fps drop (on VR 30 fps while on flight with the A320NX, halved on ground) and I would love to have a silver bullet for this issue.

Interesting. In my folder, the size of override.json file is around 2MB, and after deletion and refreshing, it becomes far smaller around 32KB.

I’ll test this further an report back.

2 Likes

In my case deleting the file and folder and letting the sim regenerate them didn’t bring any performance increase. Deleting the WU 3D photogrammetry cities and restarting the sim is still the only way I can have good performance on the ground in the USA. However I am glad it works for you!

Same here. No difference in performance deleting the file/folder.

Yup. I also don’t get any performance gain or loss by deleting the json file and folder.

Gotta love the snake oil remedies. Thanks for trying though.

1 Like

Yeah no difference for me either. Deleteing/disabling the PG doesn’t help me either. I just get an increase in Main Thread Render when coming in for approach and after landing.

When it has long been clear that a reinstallation of the entire game will not help, it should be obvious to everyone that this will not work either, the problem seems to be due to a damage in windows, not in the game.

hi guys, i assume we dont all have the same problem.

I know from previous posts in this thread and others trying to resolve this matter that had the exact same problem as me meaning extreme (2-5 fps) stutters on ground and when near to the ground no matter location or type of plane, could be in the middle of nowhere not just close to the airports or area with PG.
all this with high end specs 3080TI…With PG turned off suddenly all was super smooth but could not run it with PG on, this started after (i think) update 5.

I assume some have problems bcs of other reasons but the stutters are similar but probably not so extreme. In my case this was not losing or gaining a few FPS, it was practicly impossible to fly.

I think that for those users who could use the sim normaly after turning off PG, this is the solution and for others that turning off PG didnt do anything to solve this matter this solution is not the way to go as it must be something else.

Anyway to answer the question from ‘‘jfoguet61’’ - yes, i deleted both file and folder, i have logged in to the game several times and all is good after i deleted them.

1 Like

@CaptainSaso I wonder if this simple fix is what was needed instead of the full reinstall of windows that has helped the people with single digit FPS issues on the ground with photogrammetry on. If so, it would be a nice find. I don’t have the issue so I can’t test. Did you by any chance save your old files? I wanted to see if putting the old ones back in would give you the low FPS back again.

Issue was not fixed in last Sim Update VIII… There’s still terrible performance drop when you are near ground in PG cities with Photogrammetry turned ON. Screenshots:

Photogrammetry ON:

Photogrammetry OFF:

If this fix helps then a reinstallation of the game would also help, but it did not for me, a reinstallation of Windows helped however and I have not had any problems since then.