POP OUT panel stop working in VR

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

yes

Brief description of the issue:

In SU10: Pop out panel do not react anymore when you are in Vr ! Go back in 2D they work. All was ok in SU9

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

In SU10: Take the A320 for example. Pop out the engine panel and go in VR. Spool up the engine: the 2D engine panel do not react ! This is the same for all the panel and this a problem for cockpit builder ! I use a physical FMC in VR (opencockpit) with the FMC pop out windows and now it is unusable ! It was working in SU9

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

i7 9700 GTX3080

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Yes. In vr, my atc pop out does not work.

The panel items do not highlight and are not clickable. As well, there are issues with the stereo depth of the cursor when over the panel and the panel can sometimes not be clicked on due to seeming occlusion issues.

As note on my ticket, this seems to be working for me this morning. Not sure how it resolved differently as I didn’t do anything to my setup.

I want to bump this up because of my unique use case.

I stream in Twitch, and have done several things to make the stream better for people to see what is going on. The pop out windows becoming inoperable in VR makes that very difficult.

When using the GPS for example, and teaching people how they work, you want a nice clear view, and trying to lean over when in real life you have a desk in the way does not help. Changing the view can be disorienting/nausea inducing, so would really like the pop out windows to continue to function correctly in VR.

The lower res in the headset could also be offset if I am able to finish 3D printing a GPS unit with a touchscreen like the one in the sim, and use it by looking past my nose, but this still have the problem that the popout windows are still non-functional in VR.

Help me help you show off the sim better please.

1 Like

Yes

I am using G1000 popout panel for my AR project . Previously it used to work but after latest update , it has stopped working. The pop out stucks as soon as the display is switched to VR

yes

Switching to VR mode closes OVR Toolkit and Steam VR and disables my Twitch chat pop out window. Unable to use OVR Toolkit in VR mode.

Just posting here again, because I was told to during todays Flight Sim Twitch livestream, to make people aware of it again.

Having the ability to pop out the display windows allows me to capture them individually which make it easier for viewers to see what I am doing.

Part of streaming is giving a good view to those watching. What can be seen in the headset is poor depending on head position, so having a zoomed in view when manipulating the GPS helps a ton when showing how systems work.

only 3 people who have voted ! we won’t find back this possibility any time soon !

yes when i use the pop out windows for the g1000 in 2 seperate screens when i switch on vr the screens stop working like there paused is ther any way to use the popout screen while VR is engaged?

that is the problem…no solution

Yes

The bug can be demonstrated and is mentioned in this video:
Note how the G1000 screens don’t update during the flight in VR.
https://youtu.be/PTnhfRA-TKw

i understand why they wouldn’t expect a 2d screen to need to work when using a vr headset. with the headset on, you shouldn’t be able to see the 2d screen. except mixed reality is the future of vr+physical cockpits and this is the reason we need this.

1 Like

Yes

I own VR device Samsung. Pop up panel do not work in VR. Removed my community folder. No other application running, only MSFS and VR. When in VR, applying ALT/left clic, the panel pop-up in 2D but not in 3D. This function was working fine time ago and suddenly stop working.

Same issue with right clic to bring panel closer do not work anymore.

Nothing to send.

Yes

I first popped out garmin G1000 PFD and MFD using MSFS Popout Panel Manager in VR environment (passthrough mode) but it doesn’t success. Then I switched back to 2D environment and start pop out procedure again, it worked successfully. Then I switched back to VR mode, switched on XSOverlay and use passthrought windows to look at the virtual and real world MFD monitor at the same time. I started up the engine and switch on avionics, and I found that virtual MFD start up as usual but the real world screen still in black. I tried to switch to 2D environment and confirmed that the real world MFD can worked correctly, but once I switch back to VR environment, the real world MFD will not update.

https://youtu.be/KAaMGouZpOo

I think popout panel work correctly in VR mode is important because passthrough feature in VR headset will become more and more common, and is useful for flight simmers make use of complex flight controllers and home cockpit instruments in VR environment.

1 Like

Would be great to have this restored as I would also have MCDU and few other displays as own displays on my stream. Now it doesnt work.

1 Like

yes

Having the popouts work while in VR is important when the PIC is in VR and a “co-pilot” can provide navigation and other assistance by using the popout displays

Yes

Using G1000 PFD pop-out in non-VR mode and move to dedicated screen and pressing ALT+Enter to put it to full-screen mode. Pop-out panel behaves as expected but when switching now to VR mode the panel is still there but does not get updated anymore.

https://youtu.be/QlZ-775qbxs
2 Likes

Having the same problem with non responsive Popout panel when switching to VR mode.

Yes

Any popout panel stops working when you enter VR. Tried GNS530/430, GTN750/650, and G1000. As well as DME on 4 different aircraft. All stop being updates once you go into VR

Same here, mixed reality with homemade panels not possible. Good outside view is useless when this Simulator is not working right.