Possible fix for improving the graphics after SU5

Since SU5 launched, I’ve been getting all kinds of connectivity error messages like that. Typically, it’s Azure voice cutting out, but I’ve also had that same error you’re getting. No issues with my connection. I’m on 1 Gbit fibre and it’s rock solid all the time.

It’s hard to tell if it’s due to bugs with network code changes or whether it’s their cloud services getting overloaded due to the influx of Xbox users.

1 Like

I installed a RAM drive and it did not seem to make any difference
in my PC. I took it off.

Note:
I do have 64GB of RAM.
Maybe, that is why.

+1 to that as well.

I get this problem panning anywhere but it is much worse in airports

What I’ve noticed in flight is that when I pan it effect 3 things

1. All CPU corse spike to 100% for 1-3 seconds
  2. Ethernet traffic increases during spike
  3. Frame rates drop

To me that says when panning the game has to download some data which causes the CPU to hang and wait which cause the frame rate to drop

The screen grab below illustrates my point
Every CPU spike is caused by panning and you can clearly see the Ethernet spikes alligning perfectly!

1 Like

probably related to the scenery culling that was implemented with SU5. Maybe with the proposed fixes that come with WU6 this may abate a bit? I get it also, and notice that the heavier the scenery from an object redraw perspective, the more I am impacted. Hence airports seem to be the worst. Just my 2c worth…

I do have a question, with the latest SU5 hotfix applied, it’s still necessary to manually edit the file and increase the LoD?

The SU 5 install and updates changed my graphics settings from Ultra to Highend.

I would go check them to see if your settings, General and UserCfg.opt, are what you expect them to be.

If needed, change them.

1 Like

SU4 I was hitting 16GB over London on ultra
Not it will not go past 8, that’s a resource degrade of 50% for me, and the visual difference is noticeable, does the Xbox systems have 8gb of vram available? Withought looking I reckon it has, and that’s why we are getting huge gfx hits

just a recent observation…after suffering from CTDs quite regularly, I went back to basics, starting with leaving the usercfg file as default ultra settings (was using LOD 4). I’ve now had a number of flights and no CTDs…?

I’ll just leave this here because it is worth considering

It doesn’t nean other hardware won’t be supported as I’m certain that’s not the case but I’m pretty certain SU5 has already seen some of the Direct Storage code implemented. One thing is certain if they have and that is that any overclocks will need to be done from scratch.

Can’t understand.

Your link just circles back.

Thanks.

must be at least 10 chars

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.