Possible fix for improving the graphics after SU5

Hi aerovin88,
for me your hint works perfect! Thank you very much!

My System:
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight-Core Processor 3.70 GHz
32,0 GB
64-Bit
AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT

2 Likes

Screenshot or it didinā€™t happen, please :wink:

And while editing, disable the (awful) sharpen filter and use a profile from AMD or Nvidia to set sharpen values (0.5 max) should be enough.

1 Like

Iā€™m playing this on a series x at 4K HDR and the weird thing is that Iā€™m not having the issues you are having

In regard to the rolling cache. 99% of my flights are VMC flights from airport A to airport B. Different airports for at least a week flying. No texture for any landscape is shown twice. I assume that using rolling cache would not serve me well as it would just add the store to disk work. Textures would never be reused.

Do you mean you will always fly one particular route?.

Hi, we were discussing the issues currently with the PC version. Sorry i did not mention them before.

Different routes always.

Did you try the ā€œfixā€ this thread is about?
If not, I donā€™t know why you would post that image here?

Ok, i think you are confusing rolling cache with manual cache. Manual cache is static, which means you can download any part of the world scenery and store them. Therefore evertime you visit the same location, the sim makes used of the already cached scenery instead of downloading it again from the server.

Now, rolling cache is a dynamic temporary cache. Which means, everytime you change your location the sim will constantly download the new region and updates the cache accordingly.

2 Likes

Yes. But when would data from the rolling cache be used when I fly, letā€™s say, from LOWI to LOWW? I take off in LOWI Rwy 08 and fly straight east to LOWW Rwy 11.

Next flight is from LOWW to LRSM further east. I never turn around.

Iā€™m going to simply wait until they sort everything out. And they will!

3 Likes

Okay, so let us say you spawn at LOWI. As soon as your are on the ground, the sim will download the scenery around you and stores it in the rolling cache. Now let us say you have allocated 8 GB for your rolling cache. So when you takeoff from LOWI, the sim will start loading textures into your rolling cache. Now let us say you are half way down towards LOWW, and the max size of your rolling cache has reached. At this point the sim starts replacing the older cached items such as LOWI area with the current area. In other words the sim will always make sure that it is caching the surrounding area that you are currently flying.

Now you have landed at LOWI, so your rolling cache would have already downloaded the LOWW area, therefore for your turn around no server streaming is required. After you take off to LRSM and once you reach an area that is not available in the rolling cache, the sim will download the area and saves it in the rolling cache. Rolling cache will start replacing them with older cached data. This may be the LOWW area that you have been before OR some areas from your previous leg.

1 Like

Ok. Thanks.

I have the exact same issue as you. Are you getting error messages saying you donā€™t have enough bandwidth to stream PG and Bing data? Something is borked with their servers.

Itā€™s not so much your download speeds but your throughput. I noticed a tremendous difference when I upgraded my router a year ago. I only have 50mbps but itā€™s the router that does the job and I never have a problem streaming anything.

1 Like

I have seen someone post that had used 10.5 gigs of system RAM and that came directly from their FPS in-game developer tools. Not so sure if these memory limitations are an actual thing.

Also remember during one of the Q & A that Jorg said there would possibly an "above ultra " settingā€¦ So who knowsšŸ¤”

Should one have an eye on the Gigabytes written to his SSD? Especially if the drive is more than 80% filled?

yes, but not only that, you need to keep an eye on the SSD life. Since writing frequently on the SSD also causes wear and tear. Therefore i would suggest to go for an NVME drive OR if you have more RAM, then you can use it as a disk drive to store your rolling cache on. There are tools available to do that.

1 Like