Possible fix for improving the graphics after SU5

Hmm. AMD overlay is broken? Big words. But I dont mind to watch into the dev mod and reply back.

Yep that’s exactly what it is.For me it’s virtually impossible to get a stutter free experience without moving the camera around.

Everyone know that :wink:

Folk should’t be needing to have to edit their config files to remove issues caused by them.

6 Likes

Yes, true. AMD Overlay or Taskmanger gives you the VRAM usage for your entire OS not just for the game. I tried find if there are any softwares that can give VRAM usage per application or process. But unfortunately could not find any of them. Therefore right now we can get that information only from the sim’s in built FPS counter. And those who are saying the in game FPS counter is incorrect, do you use any software that displays GPU VRAM usage for a particular application?. For e.g. in this case for FlightSimulator.exe. I believe you guys might have used it to compare and prove that the in game FPS is wrong right?.

Yes, i am not saying it is not an issue. The sim needs to fixed for sure, all these values need to be back to normal. This is just a temporary solution until the sim is fixed properly. In fact i never made any changes to my UserCfg.opt before SU5.

1 Like

So MS / AS has left the door wide open for another company to take (seriously) the good definition of SIMULATOR. The consoles are not for Simulator, they are for PLAYING. So if that is the vision of MS, then MS2020 will gradually stop being a simulator and will become a console game, like CoD, Metro, NfS. Now then: MSFG2020 (Microsoft Flight Game 2020).
End.
Welcome Xplane 21

5 Likes

actually this entire drama will be very useful to understand the direction.
if the reaction will be fixing and restoring the regressions made to the “sim” aspect then I think the “sim” aspect could have a future.
if the reaction will be “ops, ulàlà” then it means that the game aspect will be dominat.
only time will tell.
for now, wallet closed for 3rd parties, I already regret buying some expensive addons for this.

6 Likes

Yes, nothing against the help your trying to give to the community.It’s great folk come forward and help. It just bugs me PC simmers are having to bend over backwards trying to keep their sim working.

3 Likes

Same here. I have already deleted my wish list from the msfs2020 market.

3 Likes

With this “culling” of scenery not in the cameras view, does this mean that MFS2020 will never be able to to use three monitors for cockpit builds in the future?

3 Likes

Something really messed up there. Here’s what I see in the same place give or take. My system is very average, Ryzen 1600x, 1080ti, 32gb ram, running at 3440x1440. Using ultra preset but have turned off depth of field, ai traffic, rendering at 90%.

Did you try the solution i posted above?

How could they conceive such an abomination? Is this confirmed?

Nah, it shows exactly the same values as the overlay. Not the slightest trace of an GPU limitation.

1 Like

Take a look at it here

And if its wired ethernet, or 2.5Ghz or 5.ghz wifi.
Even switching my wifi over to 5.0 increases the download speeds from 20mb to 95

I watched this video today and as far as I remember he doesn’t mention that

Considering this game relies heavily on 3rd party content, I have a feeling this is so the devs (3rd party) don’t have to build 2 separate versions of their products which would be a pain.
If the platform is the same , I assume that a single version of any products should work on both (Xbox and PC). But I may be wrong

[quote=“LamaFeuer38, post:18, topic:434000, full:true”]
i can not understand why they didnt seperate

So MSFS 2020 , in spite of promises to the contrary HAS been dumbed down,
depending on what we understand “dumbing down” means. Whatever SU5 has done to the “Sim”, according to posters here, it has had its functional quality reduced so MSFS can be “squeezed in” to an Xbox’s limited hardware, with acceptable performance
 for the “Gamers”.
I have found when flying, the cloud quality is reduced, cloud shadows on the sea look as if they are done with a wide paintbrush, and the scenery textures draw in as you approach from very close in.Even the very limited VFR ATC stops working after a while and whereas, pre SU5 there was the odd short stutter as the Sim loaded a large POI or complex scenery area, now my powerful rig stops completely, sometimes for a second or more, in my experience a classic symptom of insufficient memory, or poor memory management, or both.The graphics were better when MSFS was first published last October !
We “Hardcore Simmers”, most of whom would not touch an XBOX with the proverbial “ten foot bargepole” can only hope, that the Xbox users, who are usually short term “Gamers” who soon tire of any “Game” before moving on to the latest fad, spend eneugh money with MS so they will return to developing MSFS into the SIMULATOR that we Simmers have always hoped it would become.

4 Likes