Possible work around for those with CTD returning to the menu

Hi Guys,

Since the “fantastic” SimUpdate5 and the great XBOX add (we PC users where all waiting for) and the two “everything solving” hotfixes (that didn’t solve the problems) I have CTD’s whenever I return to the menu after a flight. The flight isn’t logged and no way to start another flight. This happens EVERY flight.

I tried to isolate possible files in my community folder that are causing this, but after days and days of testing didn’t find any.

What I did found out is that when I have too many files in my community folder (mine is +160 GB, 95% commercial addons) at certain moment the sim starts to CTD when i return to the menu and that is absolutely not file related but I suspect amount of files related).

So now I decided to only have my addon aircraft, navigraph and FSUIPC7 in my community folder, and when I do my flightplanning move the files of the two (or three) airports of the planned session into the community folder. Its a bit more work every flight but at least my sim doesn’t CTD anymore.

Maybe you guys find this idea useful for yourselves for the time being.

Regards,
Ben

Just adding on here:

After encountering random CTD’s with a very large addon folder (Around 700Gb) I have fouond that there appears to be a limit on the size of the community folder that then causes CTD’s once past a certain point.

I am unable to find exactly where the breakpoint is - but following these steps certainly helps. Unfortunate that it costs so many read/writes.

Are there any solutions? I have met this problem too but much more serious. I tried to locate the addon causing CTD, and I left PMDG737 and some other airport addons (less than 10 addons) inside Community folder. However, I had another try, put only fenix A320(V2B2) in Community folder and it worked, but when I put only a livery addon, it goes to CTD. What is wrong? So wierd.

I have same problem today. 5xCTD. I did no change anything from yesterday, today CTD CTD CTD :frowning: