Post AAU1, airport tarmacs, taxiways, and runways still covered in snow

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

Yes

Brief description of the issue:

From the AAU1 release notes: “Repaired snow covering 100% of airport tarmac & roads” – I am still seeing airport ramps, tarmacs, taxiways, and runways covered in snow to varying degrees at both 3rd party and default airports

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

These are from a 3rd party airport, FSDT KORD, but are representative of what I see at 3rd party and default airports. I will edit to add screenshots at a default airport when I have a chance to load back into the sim. FSDT KORD has some spots where it seems like it’s trying to not be snow covered, but you can see some of the runways and taxiways are still completely covered. Default airports are also a mix of places where it seems to be trying to fight through but other areas are still completely covered.

ICAO or coordinates (DevMode > Options > Display position)

Anywhere snow covered

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

N/A

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

CPU 5800X3D, GPU AMD 6700xt, 32 GB DDR4 RAM

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Unknown, has been an issue as long as I can remember while using MSFS

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Do you have any ground texture mods installed?

• REX Global Airport Textures
  • Zinertertech Enhanced Ground Textures
  • BlackSquare Real Taxiways Extra Textures
  • SIMADDONS Ground Textures

To name a few.

These are not compatible and would cause some snow coverage as well (I use REX and see this also).

Thanks for the report - I’d love to see if other users are also seeing this. If so please report here - particularly default airports.

4 Likes

@Jummivana

I cannot reproduce this. Here’s a screenshot I took just now at KORD (bespoke Asobo version from the Deluxe edition) with Live Time/Weather. The runways and taxiways have some snow coverage, but they’re mostly clear and visible. I’m not using any addons that would affect weather, this airport, or ground textures.

4 Likes

I have REX Accuseason installed but I do not believe it affects any runway textures. I will disable it and test, though.

I did previously use the Global Airport Textures add-on but have had that removed from my community folder for a while. I do not have any of the other ones.

1 Like

I have AccuSeasons as well, would be curious if that also plays a roll.

Hello,

yes, to me is acceptable but on my actual test airport LZTT Slovakia is hard to recognize taxi lines, also runway ID. Runway edges are finally ok, now is acceptable as I said but looks like some other textures need to be checked, revised also :wink:

LZTT Apron

LZTT txw A to rwy27/09

LZTT rwy27

To me is acceptable compared to previous ‘no chance’ sim state due full snow but :slight_smile: it need to be reworked to be better :wink:

That’s a third party airport is it not?

I would imagine the third parties will have to re-visit and make changes as well.

No, std and without any 3-rd party textures :slight_smile: Go there → real weather → LZTT

All depends looks like to intensity of snow parameter due internal sim system. Half hour before it was little bit better but maybe due temperature??? Forgot to say, I have deleted RCache also…

I think we have definitelly flyable sim with snow in my opinion and next things/updates will be better :wink:

1 Like

If I could give other example for maybe next update also,

grass runways are completely not visible - my home LZPE Prievidza. I understand that this is grass but maybe if it could be better little bit, with snow no problem of course but also with maybe lower snow cover or texture cfg. No big problem here but if it coukd be solved then better.

LZPE 04/L/R

Update: yes, LZPE airport has asphalt runway and Apron (few years) already but also rwy04L as grass. Hope for also update of this airport inside sim as actual state, not only snow cover problem.

Removed Accuseason, confirmed REX airport textures removed from community folder, and confirmed FSDT KORD still looks the same.

Additional testing:

Default CYUL

Default KMSP that I think has some taxiway layout/markings adjustments

Default KBIL – interestingly, this one looks roughly like how I expected

Default KBIS – this one is weird, it made me go double check to see if I had installed anything that modified it but I have not, this appears to be 100% stock default. There is some wonkiness going on here also from this bug

Default KMOT

Mixed bag.

1 Like

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

No

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

This is at the Premium Deluxe KDEN airport, all looks fine. Live time and weather,

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

What happens if you do it in safe mode? You can enter safe mode using Alt+F4 in MSFS and then restarting it and choosing the safe mode option.
That removes all mods, regardless of whether you think they might affect it or not. Sometimes, completely unrelated mods and third-party add-ons create bugs, and the best thing to is to remove all of them completely.

4 Likes

If I could help with one thing I’ve discovered,

it is also with my reported LZTT snow textures. Roads/highway at 1nm final before rwy27 at LZTT are ok but some bridge near there is completely covered with snow and looks like it use same texture as runway at LZTT.

Disappointing that yet again another bug fix is not fully implemented, I really wish Asobo would wait until it was working 100% before releasing something that clearly doesn’t work right. I fear that this will get ignored, like so many other bugs & regressions, and get forgotten about for months if not years.

11 Likes

Sry, not agree.

This solution can take a lot of time and also it is possible that no one can be satisfied and after 1 year of tests no solution is prepared and no update to sim. Now some solution is inside sim and can be accepted to my opinion but definitely better than no solution and full snow cover and no joy with sim at this Winter time.

I respect your opinion but fully disagree, this game was sold as a fully working game not an Early Access or Beta title. Therefore I expect smaller items, such as this, to be fully implemented in a totally working fashion not a half baked fix.

Bigger items like ATC, AI etc I’m well prepared to give them time on, but this particular issue has been known since December 2020…

11 Likes

Do you have anything to contribute to this bug report? Have you seen this issue, yourself, and if so, where? Or are you here to offer commentary?

1 Like

Here is an update from me:

Bespoke airports are fine, but it can be a hit or miss with default airports. Some are fine/fixed, others are covered in snow.

On PC.

Yes I have seen it and voted accordingly.