- Post Your Cockpit Pictures Here -

Ditto on the sliding office chair when braking, which my wife thinks is hilarious!

What setups do you all have for fixed or semi fixed seats?

1 Like

F-15 VR cockpit thatā€™s 3 years old (originally for Aerofly FS2). Looking forward to VR in MSFS in a few weeks!

More pics and build How-To at https://www.instructables.com/VR-Cockpit-Desk/

5 Likes

Expensive !

This desk must be worth a fortune, Mate :wink:

All Cockpit creations are very incredible and spectacular, for that reason all of you should go to the Multiple Screen Funtionality forum and vote there to support this important feature that will make it work property with all home cockpit out there , donā€™t settle for just one screen, please go and vote there we need all the help possible.

4 Likes

could you add the link to the thread with the vote?

More additionsā€¦

Printed some new knobs

Everything lit upā€¦

6 Likes

Wheel chocks.

1 Like

Awesome setup. I love the swappable UFC/ICP panels.:+1:

Any displays behind the MFDs?

Yes, both DDIā€™s have 800x600 monitors behind them.

1 Like

Which displays are you using, they look perfectly sized? Most solutions Iā€™ve seen have some part of the screen extending out beyond the MFD bezel.

1 Like

Finally got my Bravo throttle control and an RTX 3090 so my setup is pretty much complete. Love the RealSimGear G1000 suite paired with the Honeycomb controls and TrackIR on my headset.

17 Likes

Is the distortion bad on those side screens? Iā€™m thinking about doing this over vr.

Slick setup!

Yes, the distortion is bad at the back edges of the outside monitors butā€¦ itā€™s all in your peripheral vision so during actual flight, I rarely notice it. I found that I much prefer the additional immersion provided by the extra screens (even with the distortion) than when I donā€™t use them.

If you want realism, I highly recommend the RealSim G1000 instrument panels as using actual knobs and buttons is a huge improvement over a virtual instrument panel. That rules out VR as you canā€™t see the physical controls to work them with your goggles on.

If you want to just enjoy the fun of flying and the visual spectacle that MSFS can provide, VR is a fine solution as long as you can deal with the nausea inducing aspect of VR. One problem is that the best way to reduce the nausea is a high framerate (ie a solid 90 fps) which is pretty much impossible to achieve with MSFS even with a RTX 3090. With VR you also canā€™t interact with physical controls as you obviously canā€™t see them.

Itā€™s all just tradeoffs. Try to figure out what your goals are and build the system that best meets those needs. I have a HP Reverb G2 as well but its on my racing sim setup just to the right of my flight sim setup. :slight_smile:

Thanks! Yeah, Iā€™ve tried it with a few smaller monitors, and it was quite distorted near the edges. Until they get correction in with multi monitor support, Iā€™ll deal.

Iā€™m going monitors instead of vr because I am building panels and stuff.

Who makes the panel that you have everything mounted to?

It is from Flight Velocity. Itā€™s hard to imagine a better bang for the buck - I couldnā€™t custom build anything for this price that would be nearly as nice.

Stay Level makes some really nice ones but I couldnā€™t justify the $1000 price they charge for them.

I donā€™t have much space so it is just a simple set-up.

5 Likes