- Post Your Cockpit Pictures Here -

Finally built the home cockpit I always dreamed of as a kid. Grew up on the franchise and am proud to have built this from mostly second-hand parts from eBay and Mercari. To top it off, added an old Amazon Fire HD and created a mount in Tinkercad and printed it to attach to the Flight Velocity panel. It’s all attached to a $24 Walmart MDF writing desk which is the perfect size.

6 Likes

Added support for the Xbox controller. This way it is much more convenient panning the camera whilst controlling the airplane.

2 Likes

Now that Bravo TQ has arrived and is set up how I think I want it, have been able to progress my home cockpit - mostly fly Cessna 172 G1000, hence the touchscreens and knobster, using Air Manager.
XBox controller is for cameras only.

Probably make more changes as time goes on…!

4 Likes

Hahaha that controller though!!:joy: awesome!!

Decided to move away from the desk to utilize the 55inch Oled in the room. So needed a seating rig. Chose this one from Next Level Racing. Very comfy.

Josh

7 Likes

I attached my Xbox controller to my yoke via adhesive velcro. That way it’s right there at my fingertips for my camera and drone control and easily removable if I need to use it for another game.

Yes that ofcourse is a really smart solution!!
I will consider that option too.
That Velcro is very handy.
Thanks for the hint😉

Scroll up. You’ll see several of my cockpit pics going back several months as it evolved. Attaching the Xbox controller to my yoke was literally the first thing I did after getting it last year. Several others have followed suit and done the same with their setup. It’s just so handy…

EDIT: Some people were concerned about damaging that rubberized finish on their yoke with adhesive. If so, zip ties are another options. Although then the controller isn’t quite as easy to remove for other uses.

2 Likes

Oh, that’s a nice idea – I use my Alpha yoke’s POV hat for controlling the camera pitch/yaw and horiz/vertical translation, but the inability to control the speed makes it not quite as nice as the controller joysticks.

Might try rigging that up some time. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Analog sticks are much nicer exactly for that. You get to pan your view around at the speed you need it.

1 Like

Nice setup.

I have a home built setup myself, and tell people it’s a continuous WIP project. There is always something to update, improve or add.

Enjoy the experience.

Happy flying

1 Like

In case you’re interested, here’s a GMA 1347 audio panel made by @FLRob27 to go with your G1000 setup.

2 Likes

Yet more brilliant stuff - duly downloaded and imported. Looks great. Many thanks, A

1 Like

Where did you get the trim wheel?

Trim wheel from Thingiverse - link should be Honeycomb Bravo General Aviation (GA) Trim Wheel Cover by ScroogeMcBuck - Thingiverse

Hope this helps? Regards, A

1 Like

this cockpit is amazing, but my googlefu is failing me on finding this board…is this something you designed? is it going to be a product you will release? I have a RSG g1000 setup, but I bought that before I started flying real world, I would love to have a steam gauge setup also…and yours looks amazing, panel and everything. looks great.

1 Like

Hi,

Thank you for the compliments! Yes we did design the board and will be releasing it through our website at www.loungepilot.com along with a lot of other cool products for builders. The site is not live yet as we are still finalising the design. You can send an email to admin@loungepilot.com and we can tell you how to get one in the meantime.

Bought these a few months back. Expensive but my favourite part of my flight setup. They feel exceptionally good quality.

I really wanted these when I put my cockpit together as I got the Honeycomb yoke and throttle quadrant, and the full matching setup would have looked nice. I toyed with the idea of buying a cheap £100 pair of pedals whilst I waited for them, but in the end decided to fork out £450 for the Thrustmaster TPR pendular pedals instead.

Although they were pricey I have to say I’m glad I did it as the all metal construction of the rudder pedals is better than the plastic of both the Honeycomb yoke and throttle. £450 is a silly amount to pay for some pedals, but hopefull they will last me decade or so, in which case the yearly cost will be trivial.

What switch panel do you use ?