- Post Your Cockpit Pictures Here -

7 Likes

5 Likes

This looks really amazing! I am glad MobiFlight is at the core of your pit.

1 Like

Very nicely done. Thanks for sharing. Always GREAT to see what people who are motivated can do. Congrats!

After this last home cockpit mine is soo humble (lol) but I realize I didn’t post as a picture when I tried to so here it goes again.

8 Likes

Hi, I started building a Cessna 172 cockpit, I built the Yoke based on youtube videos. Thanks to Tom Stanton’s for posting the code for the Arduino. I also especially thank Scott Vincent for his free publication of his Instrument Panel. I will post a video on youtube how I built the Yoke for those who
to do it

yourself.

4 Likes

There’s a 3D printable throttle extension for that Logitech Extreme 3D Pro on Thingverse that’s pretty nice. Great for Helicopter use.
Had my son print me one.

Jim-Sim

thanks for the suggestion

1 Like

I made a couple of changes to my sim rig over the weekend taking inspiration from some of the greats cockpits on here.

I sim race as well so the whole cockpit can be removed so I can use my wheel which sits behind. The gauges are displayed on a 15" touchscreen display using air manager. The GNS530 is popped out onto a 7" touchscreen display, I’ve mapped all the controls as well as a few other cockpit buttons to the Stream Deck alongside. I’m saving to buy a Real Sim Gear GNS530 to replace them both. I’ll find another use for them once I have the 530. I bought the Logitech Multi Panel as using it provides a whole heap more immersion and along with the flaps lever and trim wheel adds a lot of functionality. Yoke is a Honeycomb alpha and there’s a Logitech throttle bottom right.

I’m really happy with it as a first attempt and can see me adding to it as time goes by. Desperately wanting multi-monitor support to come to the sim as I’m planning to position 2 x 27" monitors at 90 degrees to the 32:9 Samsung monitor I currently have to give a 200 degree wrap around view.

13 Likes

Finally managed to get hold of the Bravo throttle Quadrant. I’ve been trying to get one since buying the Alpha yoke in March.

I was planning on getting the Honeycomb rudder pedals when they release but Amazon had a great offer on the TPR pedals recently (£300) so I bought them instead.

Main Screen is a 48" OLED and the secondary is a 27" monitor.

23 Likes

That’s some nice dedicated space, great cable management. Looks super clean!

1 Like

Finally think I’m done tinkering with the setup and have it the way I want it. Build a custom platofrm for the main display with built in cable management.

Hard to keep everything in order when working with cable length restrictions and minimal space but I think it turned out alright.

PC:

AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16 Core @ 4.9Ghz
128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP Memory @ 3600Mhz
NVIDIA GeForce 3090 RTX 24GB of G6 Memory
2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD
1,000W PSU
Liquid Cooled

Displays:

48” Ultra Wide 4K 1ms response @ 244hz
2X 15.6” Touch Screens

Peripherals:

Razer BlackWidow V3 Pro Keyboard
Razer Mamba Mouse
Elgato Streamdeck
Astro A50 Headset

Motion Controls:

TrackIR 5 Head Tracker

Flight Displays:

Logitech Saitek Multi Panel / Autopilot
Logitech Saitek Radio / Navigation Panel

Flight Controls:

Honeycomb Aeronautical Alpha Yolk
Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant
CH Pro Rudder Pedals

Custom Components:

Sim Innovations Knobster Cockpit Dial
Stay Level Avionix Flat Panel Brackets

8 Likes

Excellent setup! What brand 48" monitor is that? Looking to upgrade my monitor to 4k also.

What model are these? Thanks!

Mounted on

1 Like

Thanks! What do you use to interface them to msfs? I’m gonna make a similar setup to yours. I gave up with VR.

Sorry, do you mean what do I use them for with MSFS?

I have a Knobster mounted to one of them and I am using Air Manager for the cockpit panels.

Touch the panel and use the Knobster to manipulate the instrument.

1 Like

Should have done this a long time ago. I bought a nice sturdy stand for my iPad. That’s 1 extra monitor now to extend my Air Manager instruments to. My sim-pit is gettng better all the time. I think I’m going to order another one of these and also add my Android tablet to the mix. If I can mount it at just the right place, it will really declutter my CJ4 panels as I’ll be able to move my MCDU there instead.

For the Baron, however, this is perfect. I can have my main switch panels off the side as they should be. They should technically be lower, but I can deal with this.

8 Likes

i’m going to something similar to yours… any advice in which component to buy ? any website to check ?

check out these sites:
https://sismo-soluciones.com/
https://flightdecksolutions.com/